OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2015, 03:59 

larrythoman wrote:
Dave, are you intending your app to replace the Amicus control panel or simply to give a virtual interface for it (control panel still required)? Since I only have the Basic model, I'm wondering if your app would allow me to have Professional-control-panel-like functionality without needing to actually purchase a Professional control panel. Thanks.

I don't want to speak for Dave, but basically I believe he has a $30 control panel with a bluetooth chip in it or something, but it just relays the appropriate signal from the iPad or iPhone. The iPad/iPhone control the new "control box" and the old control box (Basic, Advance, or Professional) can just sit in the closet or whatever.

So, basically, yes to your question. Technically, if you could just buy the robot, you wouldn't even need the Basic controller.

Tibhar TEXO All | 1.8 999 Juic Elite x 2
Ross Leidy ALL Blades (x2) | 1.8BH/2.0FH Juic 999 Elite
Butterfly Amicus Pro

Erie TTCErie TTC Facebook
TSTGE5SKLSW

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 10:00 

I've had my Amicus for about 10 weeks, using it 30-60 minutes a day, and I think the time has come to adjust the wheels. Has anyone else on this thread had theirs this long and/or had to adjust the wheels? I'm starting to get double balls shot at me, and the ball placement is somewhat erratic, especially on faster shots. The manual says this is a sign of wheel wear, and says to adjust the wheels with pretty obtuse instructions and blurry indecipherable pictures (to me at least). If anyone has been through this and can walk me through the adjustment process, please let me know. Otherwise I will probably be able to muddle through.

I did go ahead and order some new wheels from Butterfly in NC. They were about $13 each. I am going to use them to calibrate ball distances for "the device", which will be useful for future reference.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 12:16 

Dave T wrote:
I've had my Amicus for about 10 weeks, using it 30-60 minutes a day, and I think the time has come to adjust the wheels.
Do you think 45 hours is about normal time for needing to adjust the wheels?

You're a smart guy so I'm assuming you've read the manual, and I agree that the manual could use bigger pictures. It's just a PDF, after all… it's not costing them extra to print them.

Dave T wrote:
If anyone has been through this and can walk me through the adjustment process, please let me know. Otherwise I will probably be able to muddle through.
If you're able to figure it out (or when you're able, I should say), would it be asking too much to post a YouTube video, then link to it here?

Dave T wrote:
I did go ahead and order some new wheels from Butterfly in NC. They were about $13 each. I am going to use them to calibrate ball distances for "the device", which will be useful for future reference.
That's good… they're not too expensive.

Butterfly Amicus Pro

TSTGE5SKLSW

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 12:23 

I don't know. And it's possible that it's been more than 45 hours. I use it a LOT! I haven't timed it. I don't think I'll do a youtube video, it might take me a bit of trial and error to get it done right. But I'll be happy to walk anyone through it if they need to do the adjustment.

So do you know if we have any other Amicus owners on this thread who have had their bot for more than a few weeks?

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 13:19 

Dave T wrote:
So do you know if we have any other Amicus owners on this thread who have had their bot for more than a few weeks?
I am not convinced that there's more than one (you) at this point. :P

Butterfly Amicus Pro

TSTGE5SKLSW

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 15:57 
Super User

This adjustment wearing out of wheels is a disturbing incident. One feels that butterfly would know better and build a better product. 45 hours does not seem excessive. I was wondering if "aerobic table tennis" that uses these machines has any insight into this.

http://youtu.be/psfeMbPt91o

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 03:19 

Hello,

I did not use my amicus since few month thanks to an injury of my back...
About the issues I have had with my amicus:
I had few troubles with some balls that blocked into the base. Remove these balls is a boring process.
I tried to adjust the wheels position to increase the spin, I got no real effect.
So I went back to the initial wheel positions.
To do this, I put a ball at the middle of the 3 wheels and moved the wheels.
I did 2 or 3 tries before fixing the position.
I assumed it was an iterative process.
Hope that's help.

Cyrille

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 01:48 

Hello, everyone!

I bought my Butterfly Amicus Pro 2 weeks ago...I am satisfied with it,however I found the manual to be too short and confusing...I still do not understand how to create exercises and save them for future use,so now I can use it only with manual help of my trainer not by myself if I want to train and use it to give me 8 different balls or less...

Anyone can explain to me how to deal with exercises step-by-step,please???Or maybe someone has extensive manual with detailed explanation and etc???

Thanks in advance!

Dan

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 07:52 

Ok, none of the Pro owners seem to be responding, so I will try. Again, I don't have a Pro, but it is similar. Let me know if the below instructions don't work. And if you could delete your duplicate posts in the other threads on this forum, that would be good.

So I am assuming you know how to program an individual ball (height, direction, speed, topspin, sidespin) - but let me know if you want help with that.

To program drills, you need to store the individual shots that make up the drill into the "slots" on the controller. There are 8 slots on the pro (6 on my advance), so you can have up to 8 shots in a single drill. You don't need to use all 8 though, you can have as few as one shot in a drill if you want. Then you save those (up to) 8 balls into one of the memory positions.

1) Put it in programming mode, by pressing the "Mem t" button.

2) Choose the memory slot you want to store by moving the Mem left and right buttons. If there is already a drill stored in the slot you go to that you want to erase, hit the "Clear" button.

3) Select the memory slot you want to store the drill in. There are up to 100 slots on the Pro. (And after programming the drill, I recommend you write down what the drill is and in what slot so you can remember. Some people use a spreadsheet for this.)

4) Now you are ready to program the individual shots in the drill. So first hit button "one" at the top, to pick the first slot.

5) Then adjust the parameters of the ball for slot one - speed, spin, etc. Press and hold the "Sample" button to have the robot shoot balls, and keep adjusting until you're satisfied with the shot.

6) When done with slot one, hit button two to select slot two, and program that ball. Repeat the procedure above until you've programmed up to the 8 balls you want in the drill.

7) Hit the "Save" button to save the drill.

Now you're ready to run the drill. To run a drill, select the drill's number using the mem left/right buttons on the top right side of the controller. (You may have to hit the "Mem t" button first, I can't tell by looking at the manual.)

If you want the ball location for each shot to vary slightly, press the "Place" button. If you want the balls from the drill to be shot in random order, press "Type". And if you want varied balls in random order, press it a third time.

You can use the "Cycle" button to set an exercise duration (I don't really see the point of this, I would just turn it off when you want to stop.)

Then press "Start" to start the drill. Turn the balls/minute knob to the speed you want.

That's about it! Let me know how it goes.

- Dave

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 15:48 

Dave,thx a lot for your advise,will try today!!!

When I programmed and saved it,how should I start the exercise?I will choose the slot with the saved exercise and press start or sample?Or when I choose it,the exercise would begin itself?

I will try today everything and write down all the questions with my trainer to ask here,seems that you are the one who can help me right now :)

Thx again,man!

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 17:15 

In my terminology, "slot" refers to the ball 1-8 that you programmed for the exercise. I was using the term "drill" to refer to the exercise. So you select the drill with the mem number as above, and then press start. I am guessing here, because I don't have a "start" button on my advance. I'm not actually sure what the start button is for. But press it after selecting the drill, and then select the balls per minute and I think that will do it - the balls will start coming that you programmed in the exercise. And before starting, press the place and/or type buttons if you want, as described above, to add ramdomness to the balls in the exercise.

I would suggest you just experiment with it at first, you won't break anything!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 06:49 

OK,today was a hard day at the office for me...I spent 3 hours at my club,but finally I managed to make exercises work!!!Here is the correct order of keys to make it work is you are interested:

1.Select a slot in your memory which is free(blinking) by pressing Mem t.If it is occupied,hold clear and make it available.Very important that you set your rotary switch to 0!!!!I suffered a lot with that,it was my mistake,I had to release it after I programmed anything,but it was still on 0,so nothing has started in my case!!!

2.Make sure that your ball selection slots(1-8) are not blinking,only 1 should blink(the 1st in my case).Make your adjustments(speed,spin and etc) and press sample.After you can correct your selection too in the process by amending some choices of spin,speed,place and etc.After you satisfied with your selection,press button 2-S,the ball striking should stop after and you are ready for ball number 3.If you need more shots to choose,make it until the 8th ball is finished and blinking using the same scheme and technique and press stop after you finish with all 8.

3.Now you are ready to save the whole thing,so hold the Save until it stops blinking!

4.If you want to start up your exercise you have to choose your saved slot from the memory and press the start button after!!!Make sure that your Rotary Switch is not set to 0 or your exercise won`t start !!!!!!

After some days with Amicus Pro I want to say some pros and cons:

Pros:

Perfect machine for training,footwork and stability.It can do everything,spins,serves,shots and etc.It is well built machine and good design too.

Cons:

Expensive(paid 1200 EUR for Pro),net is not so good,it is small and balls stuck in the middle and do not go to the bottom of the net for delivery.The manual is a joke,it is short and not precise.I had to try numerous hours to understand how to build exercises on it,Dave saved me here :).Also,I wish there would be preinstalled serves and drills too,cause right now I have to create and save them by myself,maybe in future Butterfly will implement this.Also,wi-fi is a must on such machine to create drills and everything and send them via wi-fi.

Maybe I missed something,but all in all I am satisfied with my purchase!

Thank you very much to this forum and Mr.Dave for saving me!!

If you have questions,you may ask,will try to answer!

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 21:56 

I placed a piece of cardboard on the length of the recycling net. this solved the problem of balls getting stuck, now the balls rolls towards the middle of the recycling net.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 22:00 

I will try that,barugi,good idea!!!

Are there any other good robots that stay on level with Amicus Pro,I wonder?I looked it up and found some expensive chinese ones,but there are no reviews about them and they look clumsy :(

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 22:20 

I think the newstar 2080 at the level of the amicus or might be even better. You can place the robot various positions, from close to the table to certain distance away from the table. But the down side is its bulky.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next