OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 09:19 

Does it reset every time exactly at the end of the routine? And does it do it literally for all routines? I'm just wondering if it might have an issue with one of the balls in a particular routine.

And did you try calling butterfly support?

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 11:45 

Blade: Yasaka Extra Spec
FH: New Era/Vega China
BH: Tenergy 05/64
It's somewhat sporadic. I called one of the amicus engineers in the US, he gave me a few pointers, including adding a spacer to my table (i have the rollaway 22 match, so it's 22mm thick, added a 4mm spacer). Also ran the calibration routine and wheel spacing routine as well.

What seems to happen is I'll set a program, changing parameters (spin, velocity, placement, trajectory, etc), and once i have it where I seem to want it, I play it for awhile. Then i'll turn the robot off when I'm done with it, and when I turn everything back on, the trajectory will either be into the net, or sporadically long past the edge of the table.

Haven't called the engineer back since I did everything he suggested. Balls are Xushoafa 40mm 3 star poly.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 22:51 

Dave T wrote:
Does it reset every time exactly at the end of the routine? And does it do it literally for all routines? I'm just wondering if it might have an issue with one of the balls in a particular routine.

Sorry just to clarify.
I set up a routine say 6 ball exercise as follows:
Ball 1 - long BH heavy backspin serve.
Ball 2 - long BH heavy backspin
Balls 3 - 6 -Medium to fast top spin balls to backhand, Midddle and 2 to the forehand.

Whilst setting up the Balls i use Sample for placement of ball.

Now If I try to start the Drill OR try and SAVE the Drill, robot Resets. This happens 99% of the time. Maybe once or twice the drill has actually started without a reset but I cant recall 100%.

IF i try and recall a previously saved program there is no issue.

Robot has been sent back to Butterfly via the UK AGENT however they did not check the problem I reported and via the agent response was along the lines of:
1. Memory 1-10 had been modified and should not have been! They have not confirmed as yet if they performed a FW update or how they programmed by Robot.

I then responded back and asked why did you nor check the Reset problem and told them of the above issue. UK agent has now told me that Butterfly have now checked a drill can be set, saved and recalled and there is NO reset. Maybe a FW update or something has cured the problem or they are using different cables etc etc.

UK agent has now asked me they would like to know what drills I was trying to set up including the speed. Still waiting for a response from Butterfly

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 22:53 

rajster wrote:
Dave T wrote:

Sorry just to clarify.
I set up a routine say 6 ball exercise as follows:
Ball 1 - long BH heavy backspin serve.
Ball 2 - long BH heavy backspin
Balls 3 - 6 -Medium to fast top spin balls to backhand, Midddle and 2 to the forehand.

Whilst setting up the Balls i use Sample for placement of ball.

Now If I try to start the Drill OR try and SAVE the Drill, robot Resets. This happens 99% of the time. Maybe once or twice the drill has actually started without a reset but I cant recall 100%.

IF i try and recall a previously saved program there is no issue.

Robot has been sent back to Butterfly via the UK AGENT however they did not check the problem I reported and via the agent response was along the lines of:
1. Memory 1-10 had been modified and should not have been! They have not confirmed as yet if they performed a FW update or how they programmed by Robot.

I then responded back and asked why did you nor check the Reset problem and told them of the above issue. UK agent has now told me that Butterfly have now checked a drill can be set, saved and recalled and there is NO reset. Maybe a FW update or something has cured the problem or they are using different cables etc etc.

UK agent has now asked me they would like to know what drills I was trying to set up including the speed. Still waiting for a response from Butterfly

just to clarify when I did try a previously saved program I cant recall which one worked at the moment so unsure if it had a lot of spin or high speed.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 17:02 

rajster wrote:
Hi all,

I have the Amicus Advance Robot and its about 12 months old. I have the never version which has the 22 memory save setting.
Recently the robot resets whenever I set up a routine (upto 6 balls) and start the sequence or if I try and save the routine. Either way the robot just resets.
It is very annoying as I can only do a 1 ball routine.

I read somewhere in the forum that it could be down to a short/static. I can recall a saved drill however this only works for a while.

Seems other people have also observed this issue but unsure how to resolve it and why this issue occurs.

Appreciate any help/support

Check and make sure cables are firmly plugged in. The one at the remote is friction fit only and gravity loosens it.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 20:46 

ill check when I get it back but I did ensure it was fully plugged in. Please note when I do a 1 ball drill there is no issue. Reset occurs as soon as I do a 2-6 ball drill hence I dont think its a cable issue as same behavior should be observed when doing a 1 ball drill if there was a cable issue

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 03:20 

Blade: Grubba
FH: Sriver-EL
BH: Sriver
Finally after some thought and research (actually read all 20 pages in this forum and more other threads), I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Amicus Professional ;) The BF deal helped as well, it was a hard sell with my wife but I was able to get her to agree with the purchase! Mine should arrive on Dec 5th. Looking forward to your expertise if I run into any issues and concerns. Can't wait and excited to get it!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 17:24 

Blade: Timo Boll ATC
FH: Adidas P5
BH: Adidas P5
I just tried my Amicus pro now with my 1 star CLEAN Gambler balls like the forum recommended. It was a seachange compared to having tried it a few times with the balls directly out of the factory. All of that dust really did make a huge difference. Now, I can do all of the drills that were laid out on the butterfly pro presets with minor modifications. I am totally stoked. One full hard-core hour of multiple drills while listening to REM on my stereo in the background… Doesn't get much better than that.!!! Thanks Forum you folks rock... for what it's worth even though the gamblers are an improvement it's still not perfect and I suspect you're right, the gambler one stars are not perfectly round (but close!) and I will upgrade to butterfly 2 stars as my next purchase for training balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 03:08 

I got Joola Magic to go with my Amicus. The balls will be arriving tomorrow but Amicus 3 days later, I'll definitely go and wash the balls in the mean time then. Thanks for the heads-up.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 04:10 

Blade: Timo Boll ATC
FH: Adidas P5
BH: Adidas P5
Let me know how those Joola Magics work out... heard butterfly 2 stars are good Jooola 2 stars in 40 celluloid I had were great... since I am just getting back into TT after a 3.5 year hiatus (birth of son) would love to know how those Joolas work out.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 09:06 

rajster wrote:
ill check when I get it back but I did ensure it was fully plugged in. Please note when I do a 1 ball drill there is no issue. Reset occurs as soon as I do a 2-6 ball drill hence I dont think its a cable issue as same behavior should be observed when doing a 1 ball drill if there was a cable issue

You might try modifying the settings of these multi balls or even single ball sequences as a test. I don't remember the details but when I first got the robot, it sometimes exhibits random odd behaviors, especially with settings that put higher demands on the power supply. I decided that the 28V/2.8A power supply that came with the robot is not beefy enough. Tolerance variations and random high current demand spikes can lead to glitches that affect the robot functions. I replaced it with a 28V/6A power supply with a metal housing and air vents. Make sure the new power supply has the right voltage and the right connector. Haven't had any problems since.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 05:11 

I was expecting the balls (Joola Magics) arriving last week before the weekend and my Amicus Pro this week. Turned out Amicus arrived earlier but UPS messed up the delivery of the balls. What am I supposed to do over the weekend?! Good thing there is Amazon same day delivery, bought me some $10 50 pcs table tennis balls :rofl: . I had family come over the weekend for some get-together and was worried to set it up and not make it work (after reading the earlier nightmare posts and reviews) and look like an epic failure in front of our guests :sweat: . However, I was surprised at how easy it was to set-up, granted the manual was horrible! I did read the manual thoroughly and was able to manage to understand what they're writing. I have a 19mm table and found out that the Amicus, when mounted on the table, is tilting a little bit upwards. I found a small eraser (used to clean off rubber marks on the table, kids hitting the paddle on it lol) and wedged it under the table and voila! :clap: Amicus is standing perfectly upright. Ran the calibration and was off and running. My 9yo son, my nephews had a great time! I Just set-up simple 1 ball on the forehand and 1 ball on the backhand, normal settings sometimes add +1 or +2 for topspin and at times no spin balls, set to 40 - 60 balls per minute. Had one kid on left side and one kid on the right, that way everyone can play and not wait too long. I thought them basic forehand counter hit strokes and they were having a blast! The Amicus was the star of the day.

Few things:

1) 50 balls do go by fast! Good thing I have 144 balls coming in a few days. And, I badly need a system to pick up balls! Also, stepped on 2-3 balls already, early casualties :(
2) There are balls about 4 or 5 of them that really want to stay and get stuck by the PC connector by the ball recycling.
3) I love the remote key fob to start and stop the Amicus
4) Liked the rNd function so balls don't drop at the same spot on the table all the time.
5) Tried the pre-programmed drills, balls were landing on the table and was able to manage the drills, eventually. Maybe Butterfly has already ironed out the kinks?
6) Also, tried to program a rally with serve, different balls and spins, (6 balls at the moment) and it's working out great so far, even after I turn off and on the system. I definitely will be playing more and make full use of this feature.
7) I've parked my cars on my driveway with the Amicus occupying the whole garage. I like it when I get home and the garage door opens up, I see the Amicus and my TT table slowly show-up waiting and inviting me for some table tennis action.

The PRO definitely is way too many features for my needs now but I hope to be able to grow into and maximize those features the more I play with it. Overall, I'm getting a great work out and in just a few minutes I'm sweating like crazy, able to practice on my strokes through drills and really happy with the Amicus Pro purchase ;)

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 09:34 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
XzVr wrote:
I was expecting the balls (Joola Magics) arriving last week before the weekend and my Amicus Pro this week. Turned out Amicus arrived earlier but UPS messed up the delivery of the balls. What am I supposed to do over the weekend?! Good thing there is Amazon same day delivery, bought me some $10 50 pcs table tennis balls :rofl: . I had family come over the weekend for some get-together and was worried to set it up and not make it work (after reading the earlier nightmare posts and reviews) and look like an epic failure in front of our guests :sweat: . However, I was surprised at how easy it was to set-up, granted the manual was horrible! I did read the manual thoroughly and was able to manage to understand what they're writing. I have a 19mm table and found out that the Amicus, when mounted on the table, is tilting a little bit upwards. I found a small eraser (used to clean off rubber marks on the table, kids hitting the paddle on it lol) and wedged it under the table and voila! :clap: Amicus is standing perfectly upright. Ran the calibration and was off and running. My 9yo son, my nephews had a great time! I Just set-up simple 1 ball on the forehand and 1 ball on the backhand, normal settings sometimes add +1 or +2 for topspin and at times no spin balls, set to 40 - 60 balls per minute. Had one kid on left side and one kid on the right, that way everyone can play and not wait too long. I thought them basic forehand counter hit strokes and they were having a blast! The Amicus was the star of the day.

Few things:

1) 50 balls do go by fast! Good thing I have 144 balls coming in a few days. And, I badly need a system to pick up balls! Also, stepped on 2-3 balls already, early casualties :(
2) There are balls about 4 or 5 of them that really want to stay and get stuck by the PC connector by the ball recycling.
3) I love the remote key fob to start and stop the Amicus
4) Liked the rNd function so balls don't drop at the same spot on the table all the time.
5) Tried the pre-programmed drills, balls were landing on the table and was able to manage the drills, eventually. Maybe Butterfly has already ironed out the kinks?
6) Also, tried to program a rally with serve, different balls and spins, (6 balls at the moment) and it's working out great so far, even after I turn off and on the system. I definitely will be playing more and make full use of this feature.
7) I've parked my cars on my driveway with the Amicus occupying the whole garage. I like it when I get home and the garage door opens up, I see the Amicus and my TT table slowly show-up waiting and inviting me for some table tennis action.

The PRO definitely is way too many features for my needs now but I hope to be able to grow into and maximize those features the more I play with it. Overall, I'm getting a great work out and in just a few minutes I'm sweating like crazy, able to practice on my strokes through drills and really happy with the Amicus Pro purchase ;)

:up:
Welcome in the Amicus World mate!!

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 09:23 

Hi
New owner here. Got the pro a few days ago. Put a few hours on with no problems. Suddenly tonight I started getting loud vibration noise from one of the wheel housings when using significant topspin and/or a moderately fast throw. It's the wheel on the right as you look at machine from the back (left as you hit toward the machine). If I push slightly on the housing the vibration stops; this is how I know where it's coming from. Any thoughts??
Thanks
Mark

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 09:32 

On further inspection: the corner edge of housing is vibrating against the center column. A small piece of sticky felt would probably work. Or can I adjust position of the wheel? It's throwing pretty well so I'd be a little nervous I'd mess it up.
Mark

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next