OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 11:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017, 00:36 

I recently received my Amicus Pro and having set it up last night for the first time noticed a couple of things that concerned me and was hoping I could get some opinions as whether my unit has an issue or there is some adjustment that needs to be made. I will note the box it was delivered in did seem to take some abuse though there was not any obvious damage inside.

First let me state that I have an 18mm table and thus placed a 7 mm spacer under the rubber tips of the legs that supports the unit under the table. The plate on top sits flush with the table and both legs are engaged underneath. The table is also level.

1) First, the unit seems to sit at an angle. The Butterfly logo is not parallel to the table top as it seems to be in photos of see online. See photo

2) The end caps that hold the net to the corners of the table do not sit properly. I actually have to place weight on them or they pop off under heavy tension.

Unfortunately I haven't yet had a chance to test it, but something just seems wrong here. I would appreciate any input.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv0ulqdbtcx4c ... s.jpg?dl=0

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017, 02:27 
Super User

You have the head all of the way up. Adjust it down some. It looks like it's just too high and not on correctly. Take it off and put it back on and bring it down some.

Depending on your table, you might have some issues with the tension on the sides. It might get better over time (there is a spring for the tension inside those bars), for a bit you might need to use a little tape or weights on the corner to keep it down.

My kid put some chalk inside the ball collector part and I ripped that whole thing apart...lesson learned you don't need to take off the arms. The spring was a challenge to put back in. It's really a simple device but the R&D was likely a lot of work. It really is a nice robot.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017, 04:49 

There is actually a red ring on the current models which according to one of their videos is the recommended height to use in most cases. In any case, I did try different heights and it always tilts to the side. Is it possible to put the tube in wrong and cause that to happen? I never removed the tube completely just loosened the knob to turn it around and adjust the height.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017, 20:15 

Update:

So it looks like my unit must have taken a hit during delivery as I suspected. It turns out there is a set screw at the base of the heads that can be loosened and the whole head assembly can then be rotated. I loosened it and centered it but it doesn't sit completely flush. The front part is flush but the back is not. I've included another photo and would appreciate if someone can compare it to their unit and see if this is how it's supposed to fit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xu3nvbkav3cu ... 1.JPG?dl=0

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22