OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2016, 10:33 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Well, my amicus robot has now stopped performing oscillation changes or ball height changes. Has this happened to anyone else? The metal device at the front of the robot which is used to direct the ball, does not move at all or change positions. I can only change the spin and speed of the ball. Terrible! Terrible! :headbang:

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2016, 10:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Sometimes stuff like that happens because one of the three cable connections is loose. Try the one inside the ball tray, and both ends of the controller cable.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2016, 02:12 

How do you copy a ball already set up so you can use it in another sequence/drill? (Amicus Pro)

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 10:24 

justintm036 wrote:
How do you copy a ball already set up so you can use it in another sequence/drill? (Amicus Pro)

I will answer my own question: Use clustering. Even though it's not hard to setup a ball, duplicating it is not easy even if you write it down because there is not a one-to-one correspondence between a button push and an LED position, i.e a same LED display pattern can indicate totally different outcomes.

The Amicus Pro version has 99 memory slots, each slot (or rally) can store up to 8 balls. In addition there are also 10 clusters, C0-C9, each cluster can contain up to 32 rallies. I used the slots to store setups for basic shots (topspin, backspin etc...) and short rallies. I then use clustering to string together shots and rallies that have properly been adjusted.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 15:59 

I received the Butterfly Amicus Professional robot I ordered today. It is brand new but seems to be defective.

It is firing balls way too fast and off the end of the table by several feet. I've tried adjusting the height of the robot, programming balls, and using the presaved routines built into the robot. Most balls are launched way too fast and go off the end of the table, while about 10% of the balls dribble into the net.

Any suggestions for fixing this, or did I receive a defective robot?

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 01:06 

zoiks66 wrote:
I received the Butterfly Amicus Professional robot I ordered today. It is brand new but seems to be defective.

It is firing balls way too fast and off the end of the table by several feet. I've tried adjusting the height of the robot, programming balls, and using the presaved routines built into the robot. Most balls are launched way too fast and go off the end of the table, while about 10% of the balls dribble into the net.

Any suggestions for fixing this, or did I receive a defective robot?

There is an adjustment knob for the feed speed, try that. re balls firing off the table it's likely that the head is tilting too much towards the ceiling. The way the robot hooks to the table is a very bad design, without an adjustment knob the head tilt cannot be adjusted and standardized. All discussions of ball landing are irrelevant from one setup to the next depending on actual table thickness. Look up an older post of mine with a picture of how to correct the problem.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 01:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

You will need to adjust the pre-set routines (which I think are mostly garbage anyway) in order for it to work for your setup.

Try just setting up routines yourself and you will feel much better about your purchase. Not defective - just learning curve.

We know - it's expensive and doesn't come out of the box as well as it should.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2016, 18:14 

Thanks for the help. I now have a few simple drills programmed, and it seems to be working correctly.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 03:07 

HOW GOOD IS THIS ROBOT?

I have owned this robot for a while and have posted some negatives about it. I just realized that that could be misinterpreted. Since this is an owners thread we tend to hear all the bad stuff and this unit sure can use improvements (ball recycling mechanism, table attachment, setups etc...) but to be fair to readers who are just trying to get an idea about how good this robot is I must say that of the 4 robots that I have owned this is by far the best. I owned an older Newgy (1-wheel robot), the RoboPong 2050 (1-wheel robot, much cheaper), the Prakttismate PK1 (2-wheel robot, more expensive and out of production), and now the Amicus Pro (3-wheel robot). In terms of ball production quality the PK1 is incredible (no spin, heavy chops, spinny loops), but it not programmable and can only do one type of ball at a time.

In my opinion if you are doing comparisons, you should not compare a 1-wheel robot to a 2-wheel robot, or in this case a 3-wheel robot. Can you improve with a 1-wheel robot? Yes - but for me it's slow and painful. I was only able to use them to strengthen isolated aspects of a stroke. I have to make drastic adjustments when switching over to humans. The better you already are the more useful these 1-wheel robots can be to you. This Amicus robot is most human-like in ball production. With minimal cost differential, the Pro version is best with all the added memory slots, stronger spin and the ability to cluster balls and rallies.

An item of note, even the stronger spin of the Pro is not that strong. It cannot produce a super spinny loop - something the Prakkismate PK1 can do with great ease (along with a heavy chop since the head can rotate 360°. It would not be that expensive for Amicus to add a reverse switch to change the rotation of the bottom wheel. Flip the switch and the spin from the bottom wheel gets added to that of the top wheels instead of substracted. Of course, another switch to reverse the rotation of the 2 top wheels will produce heavy chops. All the wheels are under firmware control so they can easily limit the rotations to prevent balls from being sent backward into the feed channel.

The people who designed this robot know the game and I am glad they made it available.

P.S. This is a quality product so please hire a native English speaking table-tennis player to write up a users manual.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2016, 17:24 

Blade: Timo Boll ATC
FH: Adidas P5
BH: Adidas P5
I am a TT player whom is coming back after 3.75 yr hiatus due to birth of 1st son whom is coincidentally 3.75yrs old (I was training /practicing when wife went into labor and have only played 2x since due to work and of course being a new dad!)

I live 80+mi (130km) from nearest reasonable club with dedicated players and coaching etc... needless to say tough to get back to resonable quality TT...

I am/was a 1800+ USATT player and was going to get a robot to aid with training... Looking at Amicus Pro but want a feedback from folks on how programmable all of the sequences are... seems like the control board is a bit tough to figure out and the PDF manual is written by non-english speaker and poorly done... nonetheless nothing else seems to replicate play quite as well wtih working on 3rd ball attacks and setting up multiple realistic game like sequences like short back-sidespin serves then following with usual openings and attack-counter attack sequences...

is this correct? I was watching samson dubhina youtube hitting off his newgy [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR_6GjVrJWs] & I presume the amicus can more than duplicate these drills and way more.

would love users' thoughts on how well they like the robot as it will be a MAJOR part of my hitting practice for the foreseeable present given distances I need to travel to get to more ideal training areas... any downsides apart from what i've read here about "initial breaking in " the wheels so they don't impart incorrect side-spin...

also was going to use 40+ poly xushaofa balls for practice... any one else use these?

thanks in advance

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2016, 21:47 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
I bought Amicus Robot professional 1 month ago.. I haven't difficulties with the control board..
I use easily 8 balls combination like a long rally (complex combinations).. or other simple exercises like a tennis table training manual..
Serve short back spin.. or short back side spin..
Top spin in left or right angle..
Dead ball..
and more..
Limits?
Only your fantasy..
For me.. my best choice..
I use for improve my legs movements, and for pushing shot with my frictionless rubber.. need more exercises
With Amicus Robot Professional i use or Donic 40+ coach balls or Tibhar 40+.. i don't like poly xushaofa

But.. never Robot can to be a real coach or mate team substitute..
Sorry for my english..

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2016, 18:22 

Just got my Amicus pro today!

Super excited. Of course, like others, I'm super disappointed in the ridiculously poorly written manual

In reading some of the older threads, I haven't even unpackaged it yet and yet I am still having read several sources, confused on the calibration process.
Has anyone figured this out yet definitively? It seems you hold the up/down buttons from trajectory at the same time but then, after that, it says from the manual to use the control panel and yet, on the butterfly video it shows Timo Boll fiddling with the head somehow to adjuster trajectory not the control panel

HELP!!!

Thx in advance

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2016, 20:50 

Calibration? You shouldn't have to do any calibration. That's a new one on me. Can you post a link?

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 01:53 

I would just like to know before I set up the robot of how to calibrate in case the bal ll doesn't land in the middle on no spin (just like the directions say)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 02:49 

What I'm saying is that I don't know of any calibration procedure. I think I know the Amicus as well as anyone (I have 3), and never calibrated it. Maybe this is something new. Can you post a link to whatever is telling you to calibrate it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next