OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2020, 23:02 

Blade: innerforce ALC.S
FH: tenergy 05
BH: tenergy 05 fx
I had bought the Amicus prime this May 2020. I use it fairly often, about 6-8 hours /week. Yesterday, during an exercise, the feeder mechanism of the robot got stuck. the system gives the following error:

Robot Error
The feeding motors has been stuck. Ball Jam!!

I have emptied the tube and the lower ball channel but still no luck. But after a reboot, the feeder mechanism still detects a jam when there are no balls fed in, the feeder system rotates clockwise and then starts moving counter clockwise, detecting a jam. Not sure what it detects to give this error. Is there any chance of any wires getting stuck on the feeder.

Anyone experienced similar problems.

Thank ypu

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2020, 10:25 

You are very close with your troubleshooting. There is a white cable in the base next to the ball feed mechanism that is pressed into a space between a plastic post and the main housing. It seems that Amicus changed that cable and it is now a bit thinner than previous versions. And apparently as a result that cable can now loosen and that cable can then become entangled in the Ball Feed Curved Wire, which is a part of the ball feed mechanism. I've actually repaired several Generation 2 Amicus robots with this exact problem.

You will need to remove the Base Top from the Base Bottom. Then turn the Base Top upside down and you will see the ball feed mechanism and that white cable. The 3 wires inside that cable go to the Optical Sensor, which has a tiny circuit board just below the Ball Feed Gear. Check that none of those wires have gotten ripped away from the tiny circuit board. If they have, they will need to be re-soldered to that board. Then route the white cable into the space between that plastic post and the housing and add a bit of glue on top to keep it from loosening again:

Attachment:
TtevPLtY.jpeg
TtevPLtY.jpeg [ 51.52 KiB | Viewed 3421 times ]

And here's a photo of the Optical Sensor board showing how the wires are soldered to it:

Attachment:
EwYxZ4Kc.jpeg
EwYxZ4Kc.jpeg [ 427.59 KiB | Viewed 3421 times ]

Hope this helps.

Larry

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2022, 07:38 

Blade: Primorac
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Sriver
Larry,I think I have the same problem and attempted to remove the Base Top from the Base Bottom but can't seem to do so. I removed the 8 screws on the sides of the base and then four more screws in the top of Base Top. But I can't get the Base Bottom separated from the Base Top. Any suggestions? How many screws do you have to remove to get it off? Thanks in advance. - Adam