OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 10:21 

Per information on this forum (vintage 2014), Butterfly Amicus Professional is made by the same manufacturer as Power Pong 3000 and in fact it's the same ball machine.

Now, for 2015 Butterfly claims that Amicus Pro has been improved:

• New: The new model has 21 pre-saved exercises from positions 79-99.
• New: USB connection, for a later download of revised software.
• Improved: Lower noise level.
• Improved: Cycle function is renewed: it now plays 10, 20, 40 and 60 second intervals, instead of 2,4, 6 and 8 minutes, which is much more practical (interval training method).

Does anyone know if the same applies to Power Pong 3000? or it's still the 2014 model?

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 11:39 

Blade: Dawei DW2
FH: Air DefenderS 2.1
BH: Air DefenderS 1.9
I don't know, but the man to ask would be Attila Malek, who sells the power pong 3000 exclusively. His contact:

Phone: 714- 280-6821
E-mail: [email protected]

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2015, 00:55 

I Received my Power Pong 3000 last week. It has 99 memory slots, no pre-saved drills (thats probably a butterfly only thing). I haven't found any USB slot anywhere, and the cycle is still in minutes, not in seconds.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2015, 07:03 

okeyboy99 wrote:
I Received my Power Pong 3000 last week. It has 99 memory slots, no pre-saved drills (thats probably a butterfly only thing). I haven't found any USB slot anywhere, and the cycle is still in minutes, not in seconds.

Yes, I inquired about the differences from PP and Attilla nicely clarified:
-- There is not supposed to be a USB port on PP 3000.
-- Cycle function is in minutes: an argument has been made against this change by Butterfly: exercise should go for minutes not seconds, Attilla suggests.
-- Noise level the same as Amicus
-- Number of pre-saved exercises is as in Amicus 2014 vintage.

You may get a quicker service with PP, because you do not have to deal with the Butterfly's inefficiency (a big company), while IMHO the risk is a bit higher too as with any small shop.

I decided to go with Butterfly myself, but I do not expect PP 3000 to be any worse.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2015, 07:37 

For what it's worth - if the PP 3000 doesn't have the USB port, then it sounds like it's the same as the rev 1 Amicus, which was noisier. I have both, and can verify this. What butterfly did in the Rev 2 Amicus is change the frequency that it uses to control the motors (PWM frequency). On the rev 1, there is a constant high pitched whine, which you don't have on the rev 2. Not a huge deal and probably not worth spending a lot more money on the Amicus, but it is nice that they got rid of the noise.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2015, 07:54 

I cannot confirm that, but I explicitly asked Attila Malek (sole PP 3000 distributor if I understand it correctly) and he stated, that the noise level between the new Amicus and PP 3000 is the same. But no 1) USB port, 2) pre-programmed exercises and no 3) bag.

I personally went with Amicus because of the bag (worth say $100 because it fits perfectly) and a larger brand support. In my opinion those 2 factors greatly outweigh the $200 difference between the machines -- they both are VERY expensive and it's just 10% between them.

I'm actually now starting to appreciate the pre-programmed exercises a bit (initially they all went off the table), and I've never used the USB port.

Dave T wrote:
For what it's worth - if the PP 3000 doesn't have the USB port, then it sounds like it's the same as the rev 1 Amicus, which was noisier. I have both, and can verify this. What butterfly did in the Rev 2 Amicus is change the frequency that it uses to control the motors (PWM frequency). On the rev 1, there is a constant high pitched whine, which you don't have on the rev 2. Not a huge deal and probably not worth spending a lot more money on the Amicus, but it is nice that they got rid of the noise.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2015, 23:39 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
I am really enjoying the Amicus.

This drill is not easy to perform with robots that don't let you adjust spin and speed independently.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus