OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2015, 01:32 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
I want to get a robot that can control speed and spin independently, and send balls with different speed, spin and location, and my preference would be to tell it what i want from the laptop so that I can tweak the drills and save and retrieve them etc.

I need a robot capable of hitting USATT 2100 level balls. I don't ever expect to get that good, so that should be sufficient. My Newgy 2000 and then 1050 were sufficient to get me playing better, but have their limits. Its time to resign myself to just getting aerobic exercise and ball contact time, or try to practice against better balls and get better. I haven't played much in the last 15 months, and can't go to the clubs anymore because I can't play any matches until I can learn to play at the table without backing up to chop (due to recurring leg injuries).

I see the Amicus is not programmable other than on a panel, which is surprising considering how expensive it is. I doubt i can afford that much money anyway.

So is there anything out there? I need to practice against good serves and hard, fast hits and loops and chops and pushes...

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2015, 05:46 

Hey,
I was looking for the exact same thing as you, there is a y and t robot with a touch screen but i guess its functionality is limited.

I have just bought the butterfly amicus pro, yes its expensive but at the moment I think its the only option, although the advance model can do nearly as much and is quite a lot cheaper.

What I have decided to do is create an excel spreadsheet, write all the programs in there, excercise number, type of drill, speed, spin, placement, trajectory etc, and then manually enter those into the amicus control panel, its not really much extra effort and the spreadsheet makes it easy to find the drill your after,

The robot did come with a usb lead, but i think its for updates rather than setting drills, I would say that it does work well tho, only had it a few mins and set it up to do a short bh push, long mid push, and high light topspin block, it swapped spin direction fine, if you want any other info the owners thread on here is what perswaded me to spend my cash, and i can always give more info when ive used it a bit more

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2015, 21:17 

http://www.affordablett.com.au/shop/mob ... ucts_id=73

This is my drooling item atm. It is what you are after. With a price tag of course. ...

Rasant Powergrip black 2.1

On the dark side since April 2015. Rating 1500 Australia

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2015, 22:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Old man southpaw,
I hope you can find a club to play in. I think that is your answer. If you cannot get a programmable robot I would recommend using what you have to do whatever exercise you can, work on your serves and I suspect you will be very competitive at most clubs. Just this last wednesday I played an 80 year plus man at our club and had a good time. He had no chance to beat me unless something drastic happened (like I broke a leg or something) but we both had a good time and I was impressed with his game.
The thing I like about table tennis is you can keep playing even as you age. There is (or was) a guy in San Antonio who was beating people while playing with a walker at the table not all that long ago. If you are thinking of buying a robot like you mention there is some club (hopefully close to you) where you will be welcome.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2015, 07:18 

Yes playing at a club is good, playing real people is always more difficult, i bought the amicus because none of my practice partners wanted to do drills or routines,

I think the amicus advance or pro is better than the smart pong, although not having tried one i could be wrong, I believe the smartpong only has one spinning shooting wheel which would mean speed and spin are always linked together, it looks to be like a newgy but with a motor controlled head to rotate it and alter its angle, the controller and programming does look cool tho, the amicus panel looks antiquated in comparison and i was worried that id spend longer programming it than playing it, but i was wrong, its easy and quick and the 3 spinning wheels seem to do a good job at all spins, including no spin, even if they do look fragile, there seem to be a few robots on the second hand market now that are good value to

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2015, 10:03 

Stevieboy wrote:
Yes playing at a club is good, playing real people is always more difficult, i bought the amicus because none of my practice partners wanted to do drills or routines,

I think the amicus advance or pro is better than the smart pong, although not having tried one i could be wrong, I believe the smartpong only has one spinning shooting wheel which would mean speed and spin are always linked together, it looks to be like a newgy but with a motor controlled head to rotate it and alter its angle, the controller and programming does look cool tho, the amicus panel looks antiquated in comparison and i was worried that id spend longer programming it than playing it, but i was wrong, its easy and quick and the 3 spinning wheels seem to do a good job at all spins, including no spin, even if they do look fragile, there seem to be a few robots on the second hand market now that are good value to

Can amicus shoot different spins in the same rally? Short and lonģ in the same rally?

Rasant Powergrip black 2.1

On the dark side since April 2015. Rating 1500 Australia

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2015, 14:19 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
My legs are improving and I'm playing 3 nights a week for about 1 hr each. I think I will try to use my Newgy to improve my attack shots, at the table chops, and do some serves 2 or 3 nights a week, starting out with just a few minutes of each and slowly increase it.

I'm playing matches but losing a lot because I can't risk moving very much. I'm avoiding playing anyone over 1600 if I can, but that's difficult to do. I still hope to learn to attack, but my landing percentages with the attack shots are pitifully low. I hope they improve.

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2015, 20:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

http://taiwan.tmall.com/item/4323465848 ... 3234658483

THe best HOTSELLER robot on the china market. Many thousands trading transactions done, very popular device for the table tennis schools all over China motherland.

Fairly attractive price.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2015, 22:10 

MadTurk wrote:

Can amicus shoot different spins in the same rally? Short and lonģ in the same rally?

Yes, all balls in the same rally can be set individually with spin/trajectory/speed. You can also add in serves to start the point if you want to.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!