OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: ipong v300
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 12:33 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
The speed and spin doesn't vary much on mine though as much as it could be annoying, it could also be a bonus. When playing in a match or drilling with a partner, usually no two balls have exactly the same speed, spin and placement even if we try to.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 12:40 

Blade: DHS H. Hao III
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Bfly Tenergy 05FX
Cobalt wrote:
The speed and spin doesn't vary much on mine though as much as it could be annoying, it could also be a bonus. When playing in a match or drilling with a partner, usually no two balls have exactly the same speed, spin and placement even if we try to.

True, but i needed to train first on constant or consistent balls then i can go for random, but now i am not yet trained and receiving random spins and speed will not make me improve much quickly, but maybe as you said i should adjust, but i figured out the speed and spin already, i just came from a quick test/train and it was nice, so i will do fine with it.

Thanks about the noise part, iskandar, that is understandable, i can live with it, i just thought mine has this issue, but if it is not unusual as you said then i am happy with mine.

Now i have to put or make a practice plan with this robot, i want to keep a planned practiced as i don't think going with random practices and no plans will not make things better, i was thinking to put individual practices for each, forehand, backhand, sidespin, loop,..... and mixed after enough long time with each.

How can you measure the success or improvement practice with a robot? from the matches or by doing something?

Main blade is under my profile name.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 12:44 

Blade: Yasaka MaLin Carb
FH: Hurrican 3 Neo
BH: Donic F1
Of course you'll have to try it out in a match

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 13:05 

Blade: DHS H. Hao III
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Bfly Tenergy 05FX
wanchop wrote:
Of course you'll have to try it out in a match

At least i will try to practice on my footwork and i will try to return the most of the balls when i can, i believe or hope it will have slight effect on me later, better than do nothing and go play once or twice every month or practice only once per week or every 2 weeks, so i hope it will do the job to a point for me.

Main blade is under my profile name.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 05:55 

I got a little more clarification from Joola:

I asked:
We can see many websites list the following information:

Newly launched in August 2016, the iPong V300 has been enhanced to meet the highest standards for high-level table tennis training robots.

Improvements include:
· Improved motor and shooting wheel for:
- Stronger ball launching and increased spin
- Improved accuracy and consistency
- Increased long-term performance
- Quieter operation
· Updated feeder disc to prevent ball jams
· Updated wireless remote control for easier use. "

Are these improvments already included in the "B" version or are they exclusively in the "C" version?

Then this is the response from Joola:
"All of the information you provided are included in the "C" version (however improvements are also included in the "B" version)."

Also in an earlier email about what are exactly new for the "C" version, they said "We have nothing specific to share with customers. Only small changes to improve the overall quality of the machine."

So in conclusion I'd say, there's really not much worth mentioning between Bs and Cs. Just enjoy your robots!

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 06:58 

So after so much deliberation, I've got one of these on the way, with balls and collection net. How are you guys finding it these days? Any tips on getting started?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 07:12 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

My tip is to keep the speed low to medium and push the robot closer to the net if needed. Work out what shot you are trying to groove and play around with the settings to suit.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 07:17 

Thanks Cobalt. I've watched your vids and looking forward to getting started.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2016, 12:24 

So it arrived today, and came with tilt stand and targets, which was a nice bonus I wasn't expecting. Unfortunately will have to wait until the kids go to bed before I can have a go.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 03:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It'll keep them up... Whirr.. chunk... THWACK! whirr... chunk.. THWACK! :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 06:57 

iskandar taib wrote:
It'll keep them up... Whirr.. chunk... THWACK! whirr... chunk.. THWACK! :lol:

Iskandar

Haha, I was worried about that, but they slept through the thwacks and fist pumps.

So I had a varied experience with my first go.
Set-Up was fine. Worked out the net.

Initially, things were a disaster and I thought I'd got a dud. Jammed every second ball, dented two of my new training balls, and some balls would dribble out, some flew out and hit me in the chest.

But it seemed to sort itself out?

The placement is quite varied, and I find as soon as I add almost any backspin, the ball just floats off the end of the table. But still sorting out the settings. By the end, I was getting some good consistency from it, and was able to practice the same shot over and over, which is what I wanted it for. The odd ball still doesn't make it over the net, or flies long. But I think it might be caused by dust. My garage floor is very dusty, and it gets all over the balls.

One other thing. The agitator (as in the plastic bit that attaches to the motor) is quite warped. It's not a flat disc. It's probably supposed to be like this, but just thought I'd check.
Overall, I can see I'm going to get lots of use out of it.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 07:57 

Sounds like I should really lower my expectation for this robot. Anyway, this is only something to last a year or two before there are better options. As long as it could allow me to groove my forehand and backhand.
The wavery plate is an intentional design, updated in 2015, so as to address the jamming issue. There is an answer on the US Amazon. Of course now it seems the issue was not very effectively addressed.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 09:13 

wanchop wrote:
Sounds like I should really lower my expectation for this robot.

For the price, I'm actually reasonably impressed with it. Two wheels, remote, oscillation, etc.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 09:59 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Yes, pretty sure that my disc thing appears a bit warped.

In regard to the settings, I find it a bit fiddly at time trying to get the right setting. As you say, often the ball will sail well long off the end of the table. When doing topspin, I've really only been able to put the back spin on 1, maybe two. When doing backspin, I tend to put the topspin on 0 or maybe 1 at times. Most times I just put topspin 0 and backspin between 3 and 5 and just tilt the robot and put it back or forward as required to get the ball over the net and on the table.

You'll see from my videos that most of the settings are similar. To me it isn't an issue though as most backspin shots in a game are off slower pushes and setting the robot up for this is quite easy.

Actually, in going back in watching some videos, most settings around 3 for backspin or topspin.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 10:05 

Red Atlas wrote:
wanchop wrote:
Sounds like I should really lower my expectation for this robot.

For the price, I'm actually reasonably impressed with it. Two wheels, remote, oscillation, etc.

How did it fix itself, lol?
I placed my order, but the store doesn't have the latest version right now. They are getting some the next week. Hopefully I can start using mine before Christmas.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next