OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: ipong pro
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2016, 18:13 

Hi there, I have a ipong pro for about 12 months now, it hasnt had a lot of use maybe 2 - 3 hours a week. Seemed fine to start with but now it consistently fires to one side, when it should be just be straight.I dont have the oscillation on, it doesnt move, its just when it fires up , it has say 4 straight and then 2 shooting to my left.I havent tampered with it yet!! Anybody out there with any knowledge as to why this is happening. I'm not as young as I was and this bending down collecting balls has whiskers on it. I feel so frustrated this evening that I am considering going for a different cheap robot .Maybe robo pong 540.as thats about the financial limit. Regards Charlie.,

Post subject: Re: ipong pro
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 00:45 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

You need a ball picker-upper. Very easy to make, there have been quite a few posts about them on this forum.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 10:10 

Thanks for your input, but the main problem is the ipong, the sheer frustration of it shooting the ball all over the place. I tried it with different setting last night, but to no avail, it just isnt firing straight.. I am using the new balls so that should be eliminated. Seriously I have to consider an alternative robot if this cant be fixed.. I wont need one with all the bells and whistles as I'm nearly eighty and I am not as agile as I would like to be.Nevertheless I can still move reasonable well, and have been playing socially for around 20 years , so I have some idea..lol.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 23:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Actually, if you think about it, 2-3 hours per week over a year is pretty heavy use for an item like this - it's a consumer grade item, not a professional grade tool. So the first thing I would suspect is wheel wear. Or some sort of wear-related misalignment of the wheels. Not sure how easy it would be to get replacement parts but it's a pretty simple machine - the motors, for instance, are simple Mabuchi-style brushed DC motors - should not be too hard to find replacements or substitutes if needed.

Do you have the ball catcher net? If you don't, you'll be picking up all the balls anyway.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 07:17 

Thanks for your reply, Yes I do have a ball catching net,.... thank god..lol.. Well I think I will have to get another robot.Poss the newsgy 540 seeing as this one is not doing what I need now....Pity we don't have repair shops around. Helloo Santa I've got a surprise for you ..lol

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 15:58 

Blade: DHS H. Hao III
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Bfly Tenergy 05FX
sago wrote:
Thanks for your reply, Yes I do have a ball catching net,.... thank god..lol.. Well I think I will have to get another robot.Poss the newsgy 540 seeing as this one is not doing what I need now....Pity we don't have repair shops around. Helloo Santa I've got a surprise for you ..lol

I bought Joola Buddy V300 which is almost same as Ipong, and it is still new, so i won't give up yet, but i saw that Newgy 540 at very good price, and i can buy this later by January, not sure if necessary, but i can buy it and use it alongside with Joola V300 so i can have balls on different placements and it may be better for me this way.

Are you happy with that ball catching net? which model it is? i ordered one but i am really not sure if it is good or not before it is shipped to me, i need one as i have tight space but the floor is dirty and shiny ceramic so i have a nightmare collecting the balls from everywhere.

Main blade is under my profile name.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 16:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I've got the net that they were selling with the iPong v300:

http://www.ipong.net/joomla/index.php/acc

Apparently $44.95.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 17:31 

THis is the same i ordered from Joola on a website, there are the same, so if you are happy or doing fine with it then i should be too.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 17:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Mind you, if you're looking at buying a Newgy, those come with a net, and you could just set up the Newgy net even when you want to use the iPong. The Newgy has an automatic ball return, but is a lot less portable. The ball return is a very nice thing to have, saves a lot of time, if I had a table set up all the time I'd prefer the Newgy. My problem is the space I use for playing is usually used for other things and the table has to be set up and taken down each time we play there, and the iPong fits nicely in a Ikea tote bag along with the net and 100 balls.

Did you get the battery box with the Joola v.300? Very nice to have.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 18:00 

iskandar taib wrote:
Mind you, if you're looking at buying a Newgy, those come with a net, and you could just set up the Newgy net even when you want to use the iPong. The Newgy has an automatic ball return, but is a lot less portable. The ball return is a very nice thing to have, saves a lot of time, if I had a table set up all the time I'd prefer the Newgy. My problem is the space I use for playing is usually used for other things and the table has to be set up and taken down each time we play there, and the iPong fits nicely in a Ikea tote bag along with the net and 100 balls.

Did you get the battery box with the Joola v.300? Very nice to have.

Iskandar

I bought Joola robot alone without a bundle, so it is without a net, i was looking for another type or version of net but i failed, so i have no choice but to go with this Joola/ipong net one, i ordered already or i mean i will cancel my order to reorder again because i need to change an item, but i left this Joola net buddy without change.

No, my Joola didn't come with a battery box, i don't know what is that, if you have a picture or link for it then i'll appreciate it, i may buy it even separately as i already got the robot if it is very handy and useful, and if you mean that battery box is just like a battery pack or battery powered device then maybe i should look for something similar, i have one or two but they are very very heavy used for my photography studio lighting.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 20:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, it's just a box that takes 6 AA cells. It has a wire attached to it, with a DC plug on the end that plugs into the socket where you normally would plug the AC adapter. I use rechargeable NiMH cells - Sanyo Eneloops. You can charge these, and a year later they will still have 75% of the charge left. So you charge them and forget them. There are other brands generally called "low self-discharge" cells.

This box is very useful - you can set up the table/robot ANYWHERE - no need for power outlets or extension cords. I've used the robot for an hour and the batteries were still not flat at the end, I suspect they'd go for 2-3 hours before needing a recharge. I suppose if you didn't get one you could always make one, shouldn't be hard to do. Problem is I don't see it among the accessories on the iPong website.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 20:32 

iskandar taib wrote:
Yeah, it's just a box that takes 6 AA cells. It has a wire attached to it, with a DC plug on the end that plugs into the socket where you normally would plug the AC adapter. I use rechargeable NiMH cells - Sanyo Eneloops. You can charge these, and a year later they will still have 75% of the charge left. So you charge them and forget them. There are other brands generally called "low self-discharge" cells.

This box is very useful - you can set up the table/robot ANYWHERE - no need for power outlets or extension cords. I've used the robot for an hour and the batteries were still not flat at the end, I suspect they'd go for 2-3 hours before needing a recharge. I suppose if you didn't get one you could always make one, shouldn't be hard to do. Problem is I don't see it among the accessories on the iPong website.

Iskandar

Cool, i already have those batteries from Eneloops, but i will buy more because i use them for other things, so i will buy 8 of those batteries but first i have to find that kind of battery pack so i can use it for the robot, i don't know the size of the connection plug, but i will try to check out here and there.

If you know that kind of cable which is USB with an end for robot plug that will be a help, because i have several solar cells that i use to recharge smaller devices, and i also have those power banks that save power after recharge, but i just need kind of correct connection for the robot.