OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2016, 02:20 

Hello, Does anyone have the twin head Y&T S-27 (Practice Partner 100) robot ? My club has a Practice Partner 60 single head robot, but I am thinking of buying the top model in the range to use in my garage at home. The sales `blurb` says it will store 30 pre set sequences ? Anyone know anything about how you do this ?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2016, 10:45 

This will tell you all you need to know.

http://www.fareastsports.com/y_t_s27_ro ... w_p12.html

I'm thinking about getting the Practice Partner 60. How have you found it?

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2016, 01:41 

The Practice Partner 60 is not a bad machine for the price. My club has one, and I have used it frequently and found it very useful when practicing shots. I did buy the Practice Partner 100 for use at home in my garage, but after a couple of days I returned it and paid the extra money for an Amicus Professional. The problem with the 100 is that it will not do short or long balls from one head. You have to set one head to a short ball, and the other head to a long ball. The PP60 will do short or long balls when set to `random` mode , but the only thing is that it will only generate either backspin or topspin, depending on what you have set it. It is a very reliable machine though, and quite easy to set up. Another disadvantage of all the PP robots, is that the slowest speed is still far to fast to be able to `realistically` practice against short serves. You need a delay so that you have time to recover to you `recovery position` before stepping in to flick. Hope this helps.