OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 08:45 

Cobalt wrote:
Works out roughly what I paid for mine here in Australia. It can't do everything you might want but it does enough that you can certainly groove basic loops, drives and pushes, maybe not at the exact speed and spin you might want but its good enough. I've found it simple and reliable.

DITTO.

I bought mine from ebay / trsports (Australia).

It is generally OK, especially for the price. The movement is a bit predictable but it does have a slight bit of randomness to it.

This is my first robot so I don't have any comparison to speak of. I'm sure Amicus would be much better but it's also a lot more expensive.

I wish it would self feed the balls, but that's ok... 100 balls in a few minutes of play then have a break picking up the balls. Not too tedious really. I would throw all the balls into the catcher net, then push all the balls out through the middle hole in the net into a card board box on the floor to collect them all, then dump them into the machine. Easy peasy.

All in all, I quite like it.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 09:56 

Blade: Yasaka MaLin Carb
FH: Hurrican 3 Neo
BH: Donic F1
Thanks a lot for the response!! This would be my first robot. I've only played with a y&t 898e at a local club. That one is sold for CAD 945, plus the great HST..
Talking about grooving, I'll definitely need to practice my rpb. Sounds like this could be helpful.
Since the v300 has oscillation, couldn't you use that for footwork?
How realistic are the spins and speeds?

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 10:33 

wanchop wrote:
Talking about grooving, I'll definitely need to practice my rpb. Sounds like this could be helpful.

I'm too much of a beginner to give you a meaningful comment on this. What is "rpb"? The oscillation will make you go side to side for sure... and there's a slight randomness to the location too especially if the side to side speed is not the same as the ball frequency.

it can only give you top spin or chop, no side spin. It only has 2 wheels, top and bottom.

There's another robot currently in the funding stage that has 3 wheels that can do side spin, but it is more expensive ($600usd roughly) and not shipping until May 2017 or thereabouts. It has been discussed on this forum somewhere.

Get the ipong v300 + net catcher for now. It's cheap enough and it works.

I also got the target practice which is kinda fun to play with, and the tilting base which I haven't tried yet.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 12:52 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
tt-jim wrote:
I wish it would self feed the balls, but that's ok... 100 balls in a few minutes of play then have a break picking up the balls. Not too tedious really. I would throw all the balls into the catcher net, then push all the balls out through the middle hole in the net into a card board box on the floor to collect them all, then dump them into the machine. Easy peasy.

Just an aside here. Anyone with a robot and a catch net – after you pick up the loose balls that missed the catch net, it's a good use of your time to then serve them into the catch net (i.e., do service practice with them) rather than dumping them back into the catch net or robot straight away.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 12:56 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
tt-jim wrote:
What is "rpb"?

Reverse penhold backhand.

Last edited by hangdog on 28 Oct 2016, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 12:59 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
wanchop wrote:
Thanks a lot for the response!! This would be my first robot. I've only played with a y&t 898e at a local club. That one is sold for CAD 945, plus the great HST..

Quite realistic at the lower to intermediate levels, in fact despite the robot going up to speed 8, I generally only use it on levels 1-4. This is because most of the shots you attack at an intermediate level are slower balls so this is what I try replicate, attacking a long serve or return of serve, these aren't usually hit hard at my level but usually would second bounce off the table.

When someone hits a fast shot to me in a match, I usually block it, not attack it back and thats why generally I don't practice with the robot on faster speeds. Once again the more common shot I encounter is the slower one with low to moderate spin and this is easy to replicate with the robot.

To practice other shots I get a mate around and we might drill some set plays like 3rd ball attacks. An amicus can do this but at a cost.

If you want to see how I use the robot, check out these videos on my You Tube channel. Some settings are included.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcaLdd ... d=0&view=0

Last edited by Cobalt on 28 Oct 2016, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 13:00 

hangdog wrote:
Just an aside here. Anyone with a robot and a catch net – after you pick up the loose balls that missed the catch net, it's a good use of your time to then serve them into the catch net (i.e., do service practice with them) rather than dumping them back into the catch net or robot straight away.

Thanks for the brilliant tip!

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 13:24 

Cobalt wrote:
wanchop wrote:

Quite realistic at the lower to intermediate levels, in fact despite the robot going up to speed 8, I generally only use it on levels 1-4. This is because most of the shots you attack at an intermediate level are slower balls so this is what I try replicate, attacking a long serve or return of serve, these aren't usually hit hard at my level but usually would second bounce off the table.

When someone hits a fast shot to me in a match, I usually block it, not attack it back and thats why generally I don't practice with the robot on faster speeds. Once again the more common shot I encounter is the slower one with low to moderate spin and this is easy to replicate with the robot.

To practice other shots I get a mate around and we might drill some set plays like 3rd ball attacks. An amicus can do this but at a cost.

If you want to see how I use the robot, check out these videos on my You Tube channel. Some settings are included.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcaLdd ... d=0&view=0

Beautiful!!

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 13:25 

tt-jim wrote:
wanchop wrote:

I'm too much of a beginner to give you a meaningful comment on this. What is "rpb"? The oscillation will make you go side to side for sure... and there's a slight randomness to the location too especially if the side to side speed is not the same as the ball frequency.

it can only give you top spin or chop, no side spin. It only has 2 wheels, top and bottom.

There's another robot currently in the funding stage that has 3 wheels that can do side spin, but it is more expensive ($600usd roughly) and not shipping until May 2017 or thereabouts. It has been discussed on this forum somewhere.

Get the ipong v300 + net catcher for now. It's cheap enough and it works.

I also got the target practice which is kinda fun to play with, and the tilting base which I haven't tried yet.

I don't think I need much practice on side spins. In reality, top and back are the main things, except when returning serves.
RPB is reversed penhold backhand. I'm a penholder, but when I first started playing many years ago, there was no such thing as reverse backhand. My footwork surely needs some improvements. At least v300 can shoot balls side to side and force me to move.
Hopefully this ipong will serve for a while to allow me to wait for some big discount on some fancier models

What's the name of the new robot you mentioned above?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 07:01 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Def
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: TSP Curl P-4 Chop
iskandar taib wrote:
Mine came with the battery box. Put in six Envelopes and it doesn't matter where the wall socket is any more!

Iskandar

Hi what is this Battery Box you are speaking off, have just recently purchased an iPong and while its being delivered am wondering what options i have when i do not have a power supply near by

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 10:33 

Mine didn't come with any battery (box), but technically you can just figure out the voltage that feeds into the device and built your own battery box, either using rechargeable AA or D batteries.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 06:23 

I've got some definite answer:

"Thank you for contacting Sport Squad/ JOOLA LLC,

Thank you for being interested in one of our latest robot iPong V300, Their just small details being updated, small changes to improve overall quality. Our latest iPong Version serial number starts with a "C" that is something you can look out for.

Please, do not hesitate in contacting us if you have any further questions and concerns!
Thank you very much for your patience and contacting us.

Regards, Diana H. | Sport Squad, LLC
12228 6th Street | Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Office (301) 816- 3060 | FAX (301)881-2038
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SportSquad/
Website - http://www.sport-squad.com/"

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 09:48 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
wanchop wrote:

Thank you for being interested in one of our latest robot iPong V300, Their just small details being updated, small changes to improve overall quality. Our latest iPong Version serial number starts with a "C" that is something you can look out for.

Please, do not hesitate in contacting us if you have any further questions and concerns!

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/SportSquad/

Good work wanchop, I'll have to check mine out, its runs really well so will be interested if its the new or old model.

Edit: Mine has serial B. Mine has been very good so wouldn't get caught up on what model it is. Having said that, I use celluloid balls, new one might be better with plastic, not sure.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 11:32 

Cobalt wrote:
wanchop wrote:

Maybe the update isn't that significant. Hearing you say that yours works really well, I guess I don't need to worry what version I might get.

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/SportSquad/

Good work wanchop, I'll have to check mine out, its runs really well so will be interested if its the new or old model.

Edit: Mine has serial B. Mine has been very good so wouldn't get caught up on what model it is. Having said that, I use celluloid balls, new one might be better with plastic, not sure.

Sorry, I replied on my cell phone. But seems like it didn't work properly. Anyway, hearing that your B serial has been working really well, I'm less concerned about the version of the robot now. Thanks!

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 11:11 

wanchop wrote:

The one I bought from tr-sports (Australia) has a serial number starting with "B".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next