OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 22:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 01:02 

Blade: eastfield allwood
FH: hurricane 3
BH: eastfield A Soft
hi, has anyone any experience of the haipeng hp-07. The reviews are virtually non-existent online. The robot is very reasonable priced on ali-express and offers the extra feature of side-spin over the iPong v300 (the other robot I'm considering).

The background is I'm a fairly competent beginner to intermediate. I started TT little over a year. I've been making really good progress over the past 6 on my right hand. I took an impact to my right shoulder playing in a charity soccer match. Since then I've been suffering tendinopathy in that shoulder. As a solution I've started playing with the left hand. The left hand is progressing well enough for doubles. But really I need loads of work polishing the four basic learner shots (fh + bh pushes and drives) and developing a left hand loop. Thus I'm looking at robots. However I don't have much money to spend. I can stretch up to £200 max (probably $250 roughly). The v300 and hp-07 seem my best options.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 08:02 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Karis M 2.0
BH: Mantra S 1.9
I've had an HP-07 for two years. The head is Newgy-ish, the remote is simple and has a decent-length cord, and the whole thing has been very reliable. It seldom hangs, but it doesn't like 40+ balls - maybe they've updated it to be 40+ compatible since I bought mine, I don't know.

I'd also bought the earlier version of this 2-head, 4-wheel (2 wheels per head) robot at the same time: https://world.taobao.com/item/390497125 ... abbucket=3 (run it through Google Translate if you need to). Unlike the HP-07, it appears to work OK with 40+. The one I bought had a bit of a hobbyist D.I.Y. feel to it, there is no remote control (although the new one has a wireless remote), and it took some trial and error to figure out the controls since I don't read Chinese. I actually prefer the versatility of this one to the HP-07, but used the HP-07 a lot more simply because this other one mysteriously stops often, and I then need to go to the other end of the table and fiddle around with the ball feed or turn the tiny power switch on/off a couple of times. If the updated version has ironed out those bugs, then I'd recommend it.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 20:24 

Blade: eastfield allwood
FH: hurricane 3
BH: eastfield A Soft
My practice balls are all 40+ annoyingly. I have never seen that other option before. I will take a look.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!