OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Jan 2017, 02:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Who would you vote for?
Thomas Weikert (Germany) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jean-michel Saive (Belgium) 100%  100%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 34
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 10:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Re-Impact Smart
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr Neubauer Viper OX
Thanks for the follow up questions guys!

Once I get the answers to the first lot of questions, I'll ask if he can answer some more.

I should also note that Saive said he hasn't actually decided if he'll formally nominate for the position... he needs to know first if he'll actually have a chance of winning the position. He said he's been reading our comments with interest, which will hopefully encourage him. ;)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 16:46 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Here is a couple good reasons;

I cant think of any good attemps by ITTF to promote table tennis for new players. Like make a video to distribute to schools.

I see lots of bad ideas, the top one being the introduction of TTX. That had to cost a lot of money and in my opinion just detracts from the sport of table tennis.

I still have no answer to my question; Does the TTX equipment need ITTF approval?

Jean-Michel Saive has my vote! :)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 22:17 

Blade: Palio TCT
FH: Palio CJ8000
BH: Palio WP1013
I second that, Hookshot.
What's the point of TTX? Beeing attractive for recreational purposes but isolating westerners even more from the Asian continent?
I am no friend of superleagues where only the top-50 or so are playing each other and enthousiasts stands almost no chances to meet them in competition, meanwhile the youth has to start very early with very advanced training because otherwise there's barely a chance to reach for the top. The possibility to make a living out of it thanks to talent and invested training is even farther away; high investments and low - if any - returns, that's table-tennis.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2016, 07:23 
Secret Agent Double OX
Secret Agent Double OX

Blade: Tibhar CO-S-3
FH: Dr. Neubauer Leopard
BH: D.TecS SPEZIAL OX
I voted for Saive (like everyone else). The election is probably rigged, however. :n:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

Coach Li: Kill the game against long pimps! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAHNaiIhnWM

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 12:06 

I have a question:

The ITTF has now made it legal to coach players between points. So players don't even need to think for themselves anymore.

Do you think it would be better to ban all match-time coaching, forcing players to develop the ability to think and analyse the game themselves?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 14:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Re-Impact Smart
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr Neubauer Viper OX
WorkoutMontage wrote:
Do you think it would be better to ban all match-time coaching, forcing players to develop the ability to think and analyse the game themselves?

I would agree with that 100%. The best player on the day should win the match, not the player that can afford the best coach.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2016, 07:39 

It would mean that players would need to become complete players, not just robots who follow the instructions of others. It's unbelievable that the ITTF would make that rule change when the main complaint of modern TT is that it's too robotic. Do the ITTF ever listen to anyone anymore?

It's bad decision after bad decision. The reason why TT was not 'TV friendly' in the old days was because of extremely low resolution TVs and bad camera angles. If we still had the same TV technology today, TT would be just as TV unfriendly.

However now we have cheap HD TVs and higher quality recordings. We can see the ball clearly. It wouldn't matter if there was speedglue or 38mm balls, we could see the ball now. The excitement and speed of the 38mm game might make it more exciting and TV friendly. Now I don't see why anyone would watch TT, as it's robotic, slower, less diverse and generally more boring.

Now there are great camera angles, like in the youtube 'best of' videos of the russian league. Of course the ITTF hasn't tried this, they prefer the overhead-million-miles-away view to make it look like tennis. :?: If I wanted to watch tennis, I'd watch tennis. Tennis does tennis better than table tennis does tennis. :P