OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2016, 05:43 

Hello!

I have an Amicus with the advanced control panel that I bought about 6 months ago. I am having a hell of a time getting it to securely mount to the table. The distance between the ledge that is meant to rest on the table and the highest point of the under table mounting arms is far longer than the actual distance between the ledge and the bottom of the table. I have tried putting some books under the ledge to make up the difference, but then the side attachments are too high to stick to the corners of the table.

I have a 1" solid top table, moderate quality.

There must be something I am missing here because it seems like it just won't mount to my table.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 05:05 

Hi. I just received this robot yesterday and joined this forum and found your post since I too thought the robot should attach more securely.
These are issues I had and solutions I found.

1) Robot was too rocky back to front because the curved arms that extend under the table weren't making contact with the underside of the table. I think this is the same thing you described? I stuck a thin piece of board to the underside of table with double-sided tape and now those arms make contact and the whole robot is level and no longer tilting back slightly. I have to assume the robot was engineered and calibrated to be level and not tilting back to front.

2) Like many tables, the corners of my table have a hard plastic insert. Mine are curved slightly so the plastic corner pieces of the catch net would not stay down. I pasted on a piece of the supplied velcro to each corner of the table but it was not strong enough. Two possible solutions; use appropriate clamps found at at any big box hardware store to clamp the corner piece to the table (best approach if you will be traveling and using your machine on various tables); or as I did, buy velcro strips and cut them such that they run from the velco on the plastic corner net piece, around under table where you can either mount a strip of adhesive velcro of opposite gender, or screw down a piece of opposite velcro. My table happens to have screws at just the right spot under there, so I poked a hole in the velcro, ran the screw through it and put screw back in.

My balls arrive tonight I hope. So I will be playing with the robot this weekend.
I expect some learning issues but hopefully most are covered somewhere in this forum.

Good Luck
M

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 10:49 

I think your answers are good, but I am disappointed that a $1600 dollar robot doesn't have a better mounting system to a table. It seems pretty crazy that one wouldn't have a more adjustable mounting system.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 02:40 

Blade: Grubba
FH: Sriver-EL
BH: Sriver
To resolve the Amicus not rocking, I stuck felt furniture pads under the table where the mounts are.

About the mounting of the control unit, to me it was straightforward. Maybe since I have a butterfly table (19mm)? I can't really visualize what the OP's issues with the mount. I do realize the problem if table sides are too thick for the mount.

bottom view

top view

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 17:01 

Blade: Stiga ALL Classic
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Yasaka Rakza X
I attached a piece of wood under the table with a dual side tape. The optimal thickness of the table is 24-32mm according to Amicus support.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 21:46 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Mr Spin wrote:
I attached a piece of wood under the table with a dual side tape. The optimal thickness of the table is 24-32mm according to Amicus support.

True.. i have amicus robot professional mounted on donic persson table (25 mm).
:up:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 18:30 

Hi guys, I resolved problem with my amicus. Hack is to remove plastic cover from support legs. Under plastic cover is screw which we need to adjust to particular table thickness.

Attachments:
20190220_095226.jpg
20190220_095226.jpg [ 124.87 KiB | Viewed 4539 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2020, 09:53 

The adjustable Support Legs are only available on the Generation 2 models released in 2018—Prime, Expert, and Start. The Generation 1 models—Professional, Advance, & Basic—do not have those adjustable screws.

Regarding the adjustment, it is meant to level the robot so it is vertical (plumb). Particularly with the Generation 1 models, any table less than 1 inch (25mm), would result in the robot leaning backward and then throwing balls high and long. This was corrected by attaching a spacer to the bottomside of the table where the two Support Legs contact it. The thickness of this spacer would vary according to the thickness of the tabletop. Total thickness of top plus spacer should equal 1" (25mm). So if your top measures 0.5 inch, then your spacer also needs to be 0.5 inch.

Regarding the Generation 2 adjustment mechanism, I often find that one of those screws get stuck, and will not move up and down by gripping the Rubber Tip and unscrewing. The solution is to pull off the Rubber Tip, remove the screw with a hex wrench (or pliers if you don't have the proper hex wrench) and then clean the screw off with isopropyl alcohol and an old toothbrush. The grease the factory uses on these screws is very thick and seems to gum up. After cleaning the screw, I like to use a lighter silicone based grease on the screw.