OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 02:31 

Blade: Palio LegendII/ Stiga
Hi All:
I just signed up on this forum yesterday . I'm 67 years and just started playing after a 50 year lay off. I have joined a local club in SW Florida, and playing 3 times a week. I thought I was fairly good till I showed up at the club. What an eye opener. It funny getting your butt beat by an 84 year old lady who plays 5 feet back from the table. I purchase a used table from the club (they upgrade every year or so) (butterfly centerfold 25) and I just purchased an amicus 3000 plus on ebay. Should arrive this weekend. I know this robot in at least 3-4 years old , but hoping someone here could give me some pointer on setting it up and how to program it. A friend purchase a Amicus Professional about 6 months ago and told me to sign up on this site. He said members assisted him and also told him how to program and suggested several routines. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 17:08 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
TAZ wrote:
.. just purchased an amicus 3000 plus on ebay. Should arrive this weekend. I know this robot in at least 3-4 years old , but hoping someone here could give me some pointer on setting it up and how to program it.

Hello TAZ. Welcome to the forum. I've never used this robot but here's a link to manual for this robot on the Butterfly website

http://www.butterfly-tt.org/amicus/amicus3000plus-e.pdf

You should be able to download the manual from there and use that to set up the robot and program it. I'd be interested to read your feedback on how good this robot is. Good luck

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017, 03:03 

Blade: Palio LegendII/ Stiga
Thanks for the rapid response. I should have the unit on Sat. night. Thanks for the link to the owners manual. If the unit is what the seller says , I should have it together on Sunday. Looking forward to getting it operational. Will post on the outcome. Tom

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017, 12:50 
Super User

Blade: custom bent handle
FH: mercury
BH: nik g1
I got this robot. It works well. If you get inconsistent length placements then you need to adjust the wheels. I need to do this every 3 months or so depending on use. You can also buy replacement wheels. Have fun.