OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: ROBOT
PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 19:25 

lookslike Imight geta robot in the next month or so Have been looking at newgy and the new trainerbot. I assum,e trainerbot would be ok for australian conditions.Can anyone give me some advice odndboth please.

Post subject: Re: ROBOT
PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 18:02 

I can understand the frustration of asking re trainerbot as I see many of you have written articles, but so far i CANT find anyone who has one and can advise me if it is really worth having, I wonder how it compares to the newgy 1040A

PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 19:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've not heard of a trainerbot. Where are they sold?

PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 20:25 

Hi Haggis, not sure at the moment,but they have mentioned it on here several times. I saw in in the search here.I just typed trainerbot to see it.So I wondered if it wasviable..

PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 20:27 

Sorry for the rotten typing, but I have had mboth hands operated on for carpel tunnel and things just aint working properly..lol

PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 20:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Ahh, that's the one from the kickstarter project. Well I don't think that's actually available yet, so it's going to be hard to find independent reviews.

PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 21:07 

Thanks haggis will wait awhile then..Will keep a lookout for any info...Regards Charlie.

PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 22:59 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
ipong Master V100 worth a look for a basic robot.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 03:14 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... pong-robot

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/trai ... -gadgets#/

Yup, still at the pre-order stage. Estimated September. While it has fantastic capabilities it's got a major drawback - no catch-net and ball recycling system. Nice price, still. There are some Chinese robots and the Newgy that would also be worth looking at.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 07:00 
Super User

Blade: custom bent handle
FH: mercury
BH: nik g1
I have owned a few robots. I do strongly recommend to get a robot that the spin can change ball to ball. It is really worth the extra cash for this. I paid $700 for a second hand butterfly 3000 and it was really worth it. If you get a basic robot you will just want to change it in a few months.
The kickstarter robot looks great and I think they will bring out a net and ball recycle system later. I feel this robot will be much better that the butterfly professional due to the head turning rather than a deflector plate system. Programming from your phone is something butterfly should really get together instead of ripping off us with their high prices. Their rubbers come to mind!!

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 07:15 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
maurice101 wrote:
The kickstarter robot looks great and I think they will bring out a net and ball recycle system later. I feel this robot will be much better that the butterfly professional due to the head turning rather than a deflector plate system.

I asked them a lot of questions about their robot but never got a reply. They have also had problems complying with CE marking to meet EU import requirements. There was a comment on their kickstarter page back in January to which they replied

"We currently lined up a firm who will do all our certifications. They have a very good reputation among hardware startups and are very excited to work with us.

They told us once we get the first batch of Trainerbot from our injection molding supplier. We can send them a few samples of final version Trainerbot to kick off the certification process. At that time, we will do a full update to cover certification, import, and shipping."

Unfortunately, they've also had problems with their "servo supplier". To speed things up they put their down payment with their injection moulding supplier but I'm not sure how you can submit a product for CE testing if it's lacking all it's electronic components so it seems like their CE testing will still be delayed. On 30 April they announced a "new servo breakthrough" which is good news but I'm not sure if shipping hasn't still slipped back to September at the earliest and that's assuming the CE tests for EU buyers are passed and that's no guarantee and an expensive process.

For those interested in the trainerbot, this is the link to their kickstarter page
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... escription

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 16:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

maurice101 wrote:
I have owned a few robots. I do strongly recommend to get a robot that the spin can change ball to ball. It is really worth the extra cash for this. I paid $700 for a second hand butterfly 3000 and it was really worth it. If you get a basic robot you will just want to change it in a few months.

Just curious - what visual clue does the Butterfly 3000 give you to signal the spin? Flashing light, maybe? Or do you just have to remember, say, that every third ball is backspin? Just curious how this works. You do have to know what spin's coming, with a human player or ball feeder, you can see what's coming (at least most of the time).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 17:16 
Super User

Blade: custom bent handle
FH: mercury
BH: nik g1
''what visual clue does the Butterfly 3000 give for spin?''

No visual clue of spin. I think the butterfly professional is the same in this regard but I am not totally sure.
The 3000 has 4 shots you can set spin, speed and placement. You can have a set sequence of shots and a number of shots with the same spin and also a random feature. Example So one backspin then 3 topspin then 2 no spin and one backspin and it repeats.