OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2008, 14:16 
A Beautiful Brain

Yes we do that as well...however I don't have the space or money at the moment for a table or robot, so I am very fortunate that I have a practice mate who has both...

fosss

addoydude wrote:
I would like to have a robot too but don't have space.

anyway the club where i play is great because they provide free balls for use in the club. In fact there are so many balls all over the place that you don't have to chase your ball you just need to pick up the nearest ball on the floor. In one session you are almost guaranteed to step on and squash 1 or 2 balls.

You may be wondering at this point what this has to do with the topic...:)

well, because there are so many balls, my partner and i just pick 5 to 6 balls in our free hand, then we take turns being the robot to the other without being careful to keep the ball on the table or to give a returnable shot. We can practice 3rd ball attacks with placement and without inhibitions really effectively this way. And then when we run out of balls after 10 to 12 "points" then we just pick up another set of balls again.

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2008, 08:36 

I was thrilled to get the Newgy Robopong 1040. Then I didn't like how unrealistic the balls were and I don't use it anymore. The spin factor is way too strong relative to the speed of the ball. The underspin balls at Medium setting are impossible to lift and never happen in a game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2008, 16:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
You are indeed fortunate Foss. You have your own private little club with a generous benefactor who provides all. How good does it get? It doesn't get better than that! LOL.

The machine sounds superb. I think you got the best of both worlds. A machine to practice against, and then people to try your shots out on...and then a comp to implement them. I've only got the last bit and my training board which is better than nothing, but doesn't give realistic shots, so all I can do is practice to a limited level. But we have to be thankful for what we have at least.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2008, 08:59 
A Beautiful Brain

Hi ...I thought this info that I sent to Reb might be of interest to other folk...

fosss

====================================
I had a great practice night the other night with the Xushaofa robot, and I was able to play shots in conjunction with Ross, similar to a game of doubles with random placements of the ball...we could also practice forehand and backhands together with the robot dishing out a ball to Ross on the left side of the table and then to me on the right side of the table.....the delivery was fast enough so the hitting action was the same as single play...ie twice the number of balls divided by two..1/2 for me and 1/2 for Ross..

What is more important than anything is that we are able to step off from 1/2 hour on the robot and hit normal shots in normal game play without any adjustment for either weaker or stronger spin...ie the robot delivers realistic speed and spin...At first I discovered that Ross was hitting the ball too high to me in normal game play...and that was because he was using the weak spin routines...and that meant that the weak spin is less than I use in normal game play

Because speed is independent of spin, you can speed up the ball and still keep the spin realistic.

The robot has 4 motors (and wheels) on the head...so its more than any other robot....the most important thing is that Ross is very pleased with it.

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 02:54 

Anyone know if this can work in the USA? Robot uses 220V at 50Hz. Here in the US, it is easy to convert 120V to 220V, but not very easy at all to convert 60Hz to 50Hz. I'm wondering if the timing of the machine will be affected with the difference in frequency if the computer is using a timing circuit based on the cycle time of 50Hz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 05:43 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Souds like great robot Fossil be good if you could put up a few photos of robot :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 05:52 
Super Looper
Super Looper

speedplay wrote:
By all means, keep on asking questions here, but bare in mind that this tread is 6 months old now, and Fosssil hasn't posted here in a while.

Thanks for info Speedplay didnt even look when was posted first :shock: :oops: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 06:31 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
scchang wrote:
Anyone know if this can work in the USA? Robot uses 220V at 50Hz. Here in the US, it is easy to convert 120V to 220V, but not very easy at all to convert 60Hz to 50Hz. I'm wondering if the timing of the machine will be affected with the difference in frequency if the computer is using a timing circuit based on the cycle time of 50Hz.

Most robots come with a switched power supply, which can take a wide range of voltages and frequencies. These supplies are actually cheaper to make as well, so I would be surpirsed if this robot uses an old transformer supply. Can anyone confirm? You can easily tell by the weight of the supply, the switches supplies are much lighter...

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 07:18 

So, everyone seems to agree this machine is the bee's knees with its 300 routines more than 290 of which are near impossible to complete :) I'm curious whether enthusiasts of then could post their notable experiences up to now (wear & tear, did you make it past the 1st dongle?) and those who might have got hold of one since, please explain how you got it out of China (RTF education limited seem to have disappeared off the map). Cheerio.