OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Robot for about £200
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 06:14 

Hello,

Probably not surprisingly, I am looking to buy a robot!!

I have played for many years but need more time to practice. When I play at the club, I don't get a great deal of time to perfect any one shot. At home, I don't get enough of a challenge.

I was going to go for the hp-07, as the price was good and the fact that it could do sidee spin interested me. But, I am now worried, that it will only take certain types of balls (not 40mm). So I am starting to go off this, also bit concerned that what's selling on eBay may be a bit dodgy (UK sellers). Did any one have feedback on this please?

The next one that has got my interest is a second hand practice partners 20, but I am not if this is better than the hp-07 or not?

The third option, is to go back to the v300 idea, but I am now worried that there may be a newer version, which has a no spin option, which sounds good. Does any one know when the newer one night come to the UK (ipong trainer motion)? Is it worth waiting for?

Paul

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 06:22 
Super User

Well you're in luck.

I bought the hp-07 for i think it was $204 on Amazon about a month ago and I can confidently say it's great.

I mainly wanted a two-wheeled robot so I could practice vs no-spin. It does that great. But your question asked about plastic balls. I reached out to a user on Amazon asking if it could take plastic. One user said they used the Butterfly 40+ ball. I have been using the DHS D40+ balls and not one single jam.

In comparing the ball hole checker from this hp-07 to my previous Newgy Robopong 540 (which struggled with plastic), the size difference is pretty substantial.

Long story short, the HP-07 I can confidently say will fit any plastic 40+ ball. It is hands down the best robot for the money when you factor in that it can give you any type of spin.

I wouldn't bother with any type of ipong robot given you can't rotate the head for different side spins. Trust me on this one when I say "just buy the HP-07" and call it a day. You're good to go from there.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 07:17 

Thank you, you've got me back on the hp-07 idea.

So how does the no spin work on this robot, does it work when both wheels are set to the same speed?

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 01:50 
Super User

captainpk wrote:
Thank you, you've got me back on the hp-07 idea.

So how does the no spin work on this robot, does it work when both wheels are set to the same speed?

yeah there's 4 knobs. One turns off & on. One for oscillating speed left to right. The for the top wheel. The other for the bottom wheel.

If you want no-spin, you simply put the top & bottom wheel shoot at the same speed.

I had the newgy Robopong 540 for years but I really became to dislike 1 wheeled robots. I felt the weakest part of my game was vs no-spin players or long fast dead serves. Primarily because I didn't get to practice vs it all that often.

Furthermore, as a family man, it was hard to justify to the family a $1200+ table tennis robot that only I will use.

I really couldn't be happier with my purchase.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 02:58 

I bit the bullet and ordered one off of eBay today (local merchant), I shall let you know how I get on.

I just need to figure out what I am going to do for a ball catching system now, make my own or buy one. I also need need more balls :)

Last edited by captainpk on 20 Feb 2019, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 03:18 
Super User

captainpk wrote:
I but the bullet and ordered one of eBay today (local merchant), I shall let you know how I get on.

I just need to figure out what I am going to do for a bash catching system now, make my own or buy one. I also need need more balls :)

Net catcher: Good price. Works great.

https://www.megaspin.net/store/redirect ... -catch-net

Also TTNPP has the DHS D40+ Ball pack of 72 for like $40 i think. Best ball out there. Get the one with Ding Ning on the cover.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 03:50 

I am in the UK, so will need to look over here.

Cornilleau Pro Table Tennis Balls (Box of 72), White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008YS7BOS/ ... BCb2BH157V

These seem okay for practice?

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 04:51 
Super User

captainpk wrote:
I am in the UK, so will need to look over here.

Cornilleau Pro Table Tennis Balls (Box of 72), White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008YS7BOS/ ... BCb2BH157V

These seem okay for practice?

Never played with them.

TTNPP ships world wide.

http://ttnpp.com/store/3-stars/869-dhs- ... 72-39.html

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 14:08 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
There is an "offer" for a Tibhar RoboPro Junior+ robot, together with two boxes of training balls (Tibhar Basic 40+ SYNTT NG, 144 in total) for 239Euros. I think it is a very good offer from www.contra.de

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2019, 08:31 

I agree, that deal looks very good. However, I have already bought my robot and looking forward to it being delivered.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2019, 14:36 

captainpk wrote:
I agree, that deal looks very good. However, I have already bought my robot and looking forward to it being delivered.
HP-07 seems to be a good choice for this budget.

To tell you the truth I was going for a HP-07 myself until I found this "offer", so I have chosen the "branded" AMDT Y&T B3 (Tibhar calls it RoboPro Junior) and the extra balls instead of the "unbranded" HP-07. The plus for HP-07 is that it can be tuned-by-hand by just rotating the "head" to have side spin, while the Tibhar cannot.

Waiting your feedback about HP-07 robot.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 02:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

tzifos wrote:
There is an "offer" for a Tibhar RoboPro Junior+ robot, together with two boxes of training balls (Tibhar Basic 40+ SYNTT NG, 144 in total) for 239Euros. I think it is a very good offer from http://www.contra.de

Interesting... TIBHAR spelled backwards is... RAHBIT. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2019, 06:37 

Hello all,

The robot was delivered yesterday. It was easy to put together and had English instructions.

My initial realisation, was that I needed a catch net, so I created one from garden netting. It works well, but I still have to pick up the balls from the bottom of the net, so a bit of a pain. If money was no option, I would love one that recycles the balls.

The robot works well and it's easy to switch from basic easy shots to very hard shots, which are hard to return (lots of sidespin). Still getting used to it, but already I have improved my backhand by using it.

My main problems are nothing to do with the robot, my garage is too small (even though it's a double) to have enough room to do proper practice. The drive is better but then I won't use it as much. Also need to improve my net, I don't think buying off the shelf will help that much. So a curtain style will work better, but I need to improve the way the balls are collected at the bottom (possibly going into a collection box).

Overall I am pleased with robot. For the money it's worth it. I just need to get a better space to be able to setup quickly to have a quick practice without spending too much :(

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2019, 02:13 

Blade: Butterfly Vicarias
FH: Fastarc G-1
BH: EL-S
Hello,

can you do some Falkenberg-Drills with this robot?

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2019, 04:04 

Kreet wrote:
Hello,

can you do some Falkenberg-Drills with this robot?
You cannot do this with the above Tibhar RoboPro Junior+, it is not programmable and low-cost. It can throw one left and one right but not twice left and one right as this exercise requires.

The OP will inform you about the robot HP-07 he chose but I doubt that it can do this also.