OOAK Table Tennis Forum
http://ooakforum.com/

Introduce yourself
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=431
Page 146 of 149

Author:  IndianRPB [ 10 Mar 2017, 18:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

joseph1303 wrote:
Hello everyone. My name is Joseph and I live in Delhi, the capital city of India. I started playing table tennis while I was in school but then stopped playing due to other commitments. My passion for the game was restored a year ago when I found a friend who also shares the same passion for the game.

Apart from table tennis I teach french language to school students as French is my passion.

I love the Lord Jesus Christ who is my saviour and thus most of my time apart from studies and playing is spent in church serving the Lord.


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Welcome Joseph. Will try to get a match against you next time I am in Delhi :p.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Author:  d1244 [ 19 Mar 2017, 07:51 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hi guys,

My name is Dariusz and I am from Poland.
I play in a quite developed amateur league (5 divisions, around 300 players) in the city I live in (Lodz).
I have been playing for about 20 years now.
I am a topspin attacker (FH and BH).
I haven't had much professional training so far - just last year started to intensively train with a coach. I am satisfied with the progress I am making. Being corrected by a professional is just invaluable.

I am an academic teacher and additionally work as a programmer.

My other hobbies include mountains/trekking and computer science.

Author:  joseph1303 [ 22 Mar 2017, 01:18 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

IndianRPB wrote:
joseph1303 wrote:
Hello everyone. My name is Joseph and I live in Delhi, the capital city of India. I started playing table tennis while I was in school but then stopped playing due to other commitments. My passion for the game was restored a year ago when I found a friend who also shares the same passion for the game.

Apart from table tennis I teach french language to school students as French is my passion.

I love the Lord Jesus Christ who is my saviour and thus most of my time apart from studies and playing is spent in church serving the Lord.


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Welcome Joseph. Will try to get a match against you next time I am in Delhi :p.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk


Sure my dear bro. That would be great. Looking forward


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Author:  keme [ 23 Mar 2017, 03:28 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

d1244 wrote:
Hi guys,

My name is Dariusz and I am from Poland.
...

Hello Dariusz, and welcome inside!
Wow! that is quite impressive for a local league. I know, I know, Lodz is not exactly a small town. It is just that I went to Krakow last summer, and posted here about my travel plans and the possibility to meet and perhaps play a bit. I got exactly zero response, so I thought there was little TT played in Poland. 5 divisions is about what we have in Norway ;) (that being teams series, so still a bit more than 300 players, of course).

Having a good coach helps a lot, you are right about that. For my own game, having a national level coach visiting the club and doing group instruction for 3 hours did as much for my consistency as years of previous training. I hope that my own efforts towards the younger players can do something similar for their game.

Good to have you around. Enjoy!

Author:  sincross [ 23 Mar 2017, 14:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hello All,

My name is Umar and I'm originally from India and am currently working in the U.S.

Have played table tennis several times throughout my life but only casually. Started playing seriously since the past 2 years during lunch time in my office.My first decent paddle was/is a Killerspin JET 600 and I have recently got a new custom paddle.

Dont know my level yet but I would say I fall in the intermediate category.Will soon start going to local leagues here in my city of San Diego in order to improve my game and learn new techniques by playing with others.

Style-I have a very strong forehand ,good with topspin smashes,occasional loops(want to improve here),consistent with chops on both backhand and forehand.. But my backhand is weak,i mostly rely on backhand chops.Need to improve in this area so i can smash and loop with my backhand

Stumbled upon this website while trying to read about rubbers. Want to use the resources on this site to help me become a better player.

Author:  haggisv [ 23 Mar 2017, 20:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

sincross wrote:
Hello All,

My name is Umar and I'm originally from India and am currently working in the U.S.

Have played table tennis several times throughout my life but only casually. Started playing seriously since the past 2 years during lunch time in my office.My first decent paddle was/is a Killerspin JET 600 and I have recently got a new custom paddle.

Dont know my level yet but I would say I fall in the intermediate category.Will soon start going to local leagues here in my city of San Diego in order to improve my game and learn new techniques by playing with others.

Style-I have a very strong forehand ,good with topspin smashes,occasional loops(want to improve here),consistent with chops on both backhand and forehand.. But my backhand is weak,i mostly rely on backhand chops.Need to improve in this area so i can smash and loop with my backhand

Stumbled upon this website while trying to read about rubbers. Want to use the resources on this site to help me become a better player.



Welcome to the forum sincross! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Author:  univesse [ 01 Apr 2017, 13:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

EmRatThich wrote:
hello,
I'm EmRatThich, vietnamese player. I live in France now. Nice to meet everybody here in ooak forum.


Hi, you have a great Youtube channel with some invaluable advice, which I discovered recently. I used to live in Hanoi for a few years, but only played beer pong there a few times [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT] Mot hai ba..!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Author:  univesse [ 01 Apr 2017, 14:17 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hi everyone,
I am from Bulgaria originally but have lived in Japan and Vietnam since year 2000, and currently 5 years in the US.
I am fluent in Japanese so holler if anyone struggling with any product translation, etc.
I've been playing tt for some 25 years now, with some off time in between.
Pretty much all the time been using a BTY SuperAnti on my backhand (2 rubbers lasted me the whole time!),
but following recent composition changes BTY made, currently switched to DMS Mega-Block.
My search for a new, slick Anti is what brought me here, and learnt a lot about equipment,
as well valuable insights and insider info from fellow material players :)
Playstyle is aggressive on the FH, and block on BH with some twiddling, and I seem to be about 2200 USATT level.
See you around ~~

Author:  haggisv [ 01 Apr 2017, 17:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Welcome to the forum univesse :rock:

Author:  dominus7 [ 03 Apr 2017, 22:25 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hello all, I'm from Argentina but live in Chile, I've never trained in a club, but I play just for fun, this year I just tried to get a decent equipment for playing seriously.
I'm not sure what is my playing style, I just know I use shakehand FL. Normally I attack the third ball or 5th ball by topspin or chop.
I'm a working student of informatic engineering, close to finish the career.
Hobbies I like to play The legend of Zelda, assassin's Creed and need for speed.
This forum is interesting because I want to grow up in my technique. There are several posts which helped me a lot.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Author:  Table Tennis Manager [ 05 Apr 2017, 19:52 ]
Post subject:  Introduce myself

Hello,

my name ist Wolfgang, I am 43 years old, from germany and I am a media designer.

Playing Table Tennis over 25 years and beeing a PC games fanatic, I decided to develop a Table Tennis Manager game on my own. This needed some years with many up´s and down´s but now I succeded in creating a nice game (hopefully I am not the only one thinking so :?: ) and finally I launched the english version this monday!

So am I allowed to present my "fresh" new game in this forum?

P.S. Please forgive my bad english, languages is not my strengh...

Author:  haggisv [ 05 Apr 2017, 23:35 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce myself

Table Tennis Manager wrote:
Hello,

my name ist Wolfgang, I am 43 years old, from germany and I am a media designer.

Playing Table Tennis over 25 years and beeing a PC games fanatic, I decided to develop a Table Tennis Manager game on my own. This needed some years with many up´s and down´s but now I succeded in creating a nice game (hopefully I am not the only one thinking so :?: ) and finally I launched the english version this monday!
Welcome to the forum Wolfgang!

Table Tennis Manager wrote:
So am I allowed to present my "fresh" new game in this forum?
Yes sure, why not. It looks very interesting. ;)

Author:  Balamea [ 12 Apr 2017, 05:17 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

-Hi. My name Is Julind, but feel free to call me Balamea (its just a random name that I chose to use on the internet :) )
-I am a teenager (somewhere 13-17) I've been playing for half a year now, but started really getting into playing the sport since a month
-I still haven't chosen a playing style because Im quite new to the sport. I like the penhold grip A LOT, I was playing shakehand until February somewhere, but after watching people play penhold on youtube I was inspired to try it out and absolutely love it. It feels so comfortable. Lately I've been mostly playing aggressively, not because I like to play that way. but its the easiest way to play in my opinion. I plan on learning how to chop because of watching Zhang Xielin play, he is probably the biggest reason why I have changed to PH. Maybe his style isnt the most effective one out there, but in my opinion is the most satisfying to watch
-My other hobbies are music,arts,video games and I play other sports too. the one that I probably like as much as ping pong is volleyball.
-I've stumbled upon this forum while searching for help on how to play with PHgrip better and finally today chose to register

EDIT: ohh and another thing. If anybody has any more footage of Zhang Xielin playing that isnt from the "the magical chopper" or "ping pong deplomacy" please pm me

Author:  Tand [ 17 Apr 2017, 10:09 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hi my name is Daniel.
Since a few months my company setup some table tennis tables in the offices. People are starting to play and even me.
I use to play in my garage at 8th grade. But never realize was so much fun. In a month we will start a company competition.
I play penhold. And I am in the middle of buying a penhold bat and in 2 weeks time will look into joining a local club.

Author:  5stars [ 18 Apr 2017, 16:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hello everyone,
My name is Phani. I am from Hyderabad, India. I work in TechMahindra and play at my office in the evenings.
I got addicted to the game when I'm in collage, but couldn't get any opportunity to play later. Started playing again after joining in this company. That would be on and off 4 years.
Recently started participating in local tournaments.
I would define my style as all round. But mostly from near the table and medium distance. Started using Anti on the back hand from an year(that would be another story perhaps ;) ).
I have been following this forum from sometime.. almost from last 2 years, registered an year back and found the courage to post now.

Page 146 of 149 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/