OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 01 May 2024, 14:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Ouch! Sore Elbow
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 02:18 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I just posted this in a different thread on someone's shoulder pain, so I figured I'd also post it here (since it's just as relevant to elbow pain) just in case your pain comes back:

I used to have pain in my neck and upper back on the right side whenever I'd play (or immediately afterwards), but then I read this book, and it pretty quickly went away afterwards:
http://www.amazon.com/Mindbody-Prescription-Healing-Body-Pain/dp/0446675156
(Just to be clear: I'm not in any way affiliated with the author and don't get any money in any form from his book sales.)

Depending on the nature of your problem, that may or may not work, but ....

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 03:46 
Hard Justice

mynamenotbob wrote:
A few weeks off and the "tennis elbow" brace worked wonders. No pain. Thanks guys!

Which tennis elbow brace did you use? A circular one the goes on the forearm right below the elbow with or without an air pack?

I've been wearing mine and taking an anti-inflammatory for about the same amount of time, but nothing has changed.

I'm starting to think the physician misdiagnosed my problem as tennis elbow since I haven't been having any pain associated with the elbow clicking, and it hasn't gotten any better after wearing both equipment and taking medication directly associated with tennis elbow.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 04:12 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I used this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P00HGM

If you have clicking it might be arthritis or some loose cartilage. I have that in my ankle. Did your doctor do an x-ray?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 04:24 
Hard Justice

Yeah, I have exactly the same kind of brace.

Doctor didn't do an x-ray since you can actually feel the tendon overlapping something and clicking when the arm is flexed inwards if you just put your finger on the elbow, so the x-ray would have just appeared normal he said, and he said it was ('probably,' there's a word you don't like to hear at the doctor's) caused by the inflammation.

Since I've been on an anti-inflammatory and have been icing it, I'm starting to doubt that, and because there's no pain or stiffness, arthritis is out of the question I hope. Don't really feel like doing another co-pay to see the doctor, but I'd like it to go away, and those anti-inflammatory pills keep me drowsy all day!

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2011, 00:38 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I haven't bought anything off ebay for quite a while, but I ordered 2 things today, directly as a result of this thread. I like the sound of the book Traditional Tradesman put up and I like the look of the pneumatic arm brace MNNB put up. When they arrive in a couple of weeks (both coming from the US - Yes helping out your economy guys :up: ) I'll be able to see how good they really are. My current elbow brace is working ok, but the other looks more effective. And if TT's book is good, I won't need either in the end! :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2011, 03:55 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
I haven't bought anything off ebay for quite a while, but I ordered 2 things today, directly as a result of this thread. I like the sound of the book Traditional Tradesman put up and I like the look of the pneumatic arm brace MNNB put up. When they arrive in a couple of weeks (both coming from the US - Yes helping out your economy guys ) I'll be able to see how good they really are. My current elbow brace is working ok, but the other looks more effective. And if TT's book is good, I won't need either in the end!

I'll be very curious to know what you think of the book if you wind up reading it. I don't agree with every one of the author's specific points, but I think he's clearly on to something about the relationship between the mind and body and the way that relationship creates these persistent pain syndromes.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2011, 20:40 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
In a medical advance inspired by recessionary thinking, researchers from the Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine and Athletic Trauma at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City announced last month that they’ve developed an effective and supremely cheap treatment for chronic tennis elbow. Huddling a while back to brainstorm about inexpensive methods for combating the injury, the scientists glanced around their offices and noticed a homely, low-tech rubber bar, about 8 inches long, which, at the time, was being used for general physical therapy programs. The researchers wondered whether the ribbed, pliable bars, available for less than $20, might be re-purposed to treat tennis elbow. The answer, it soon become clear, was a resounding yes....

Continued at this link: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/2 ... nis-elbow/

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2011, 20:54 
Stir Crazy

mynamenotbob wrote:
In a medical advance inspired by ...

Good find, mnnb. Guess who is now checking out prices on Amazon?

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 01:34 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Tassie52 wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
In a medical advance inspired by ...

Good find, mnnb. Guess who is now checking out prices on Amazon?

Its funny but I just tonight had a discussion with someone about Tennis Elbow and his physio said to do the same thing as this bar does with a damp towel. Might be a cheaper option to try first Tassie! ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.