OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: EJ.. the great medicine
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 12:16 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
I have been suffering from tennis elbow for the past 4 months .

The first time it happened was terrible. I could not even lift my blade properly. Drinking coffee with my playing hand post a lot of challenge. I was forced to stop playing for 2 weeks.. came back and it got worst. Then stopped for a month, I was able to play but still felt pain.

To cut the story short, since I cannot and will not stop playing , I played with my elbow hurting. It did not get any worst but my level of play declined. I joined a tournament hesitantly because of the pain and was beaten in all my games. It is a team event though and my team mates salvaged a medal finish.

After the tournament, a brilliant idea came into my mind. Get a new set-up!

From a current set up of Jun Mizutani, fitted with Tenergy 80 and Donic Acuda Blue P3, I shifted to Photino, with Rhyzer 43 on FH and retained Donic Acuda blue on my BH.

Seems that the decision is the perfect medicine to my tennis elbow. After adjusting to my latest set-up, I am back swinging and smashing! I am back to my winning ways. Pain is totally gone although I did not stop playing. And I even played and smashed harder this time.

Is there a scientific basis for this? Or pure coincidence? :devil:

Last edited by Red_lion on 05 Jun 2018, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 12:43 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
To the extent this is based on something real, it might be the Photino's lighter weight. I had a similar thing happen when, a few years back, a lingering tennis elbow pain that was creeping in while I was using the heavy Butterfly Toccata blade went away virtually overnight when I, for other reasons, shifted over to the very light Sauer and Troger Firestarter blade. Since then, only light blades for me, and no more tennis elbow.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 13:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Pleased to here that your injury cleared up,I have had the condition since the end of April after swinging at full power to kill a high ball not connecting properly and wrenching my arm,I played the end of season games as we were involved in cup finals and promotion with painkillers,slowly improving but I'm paying for it now

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 14:57 
Super User

Neither scientific nor coincidence. It's the 'EJ Wonder Cure' in your case :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 18:35 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
To the extent this is based on something real, it might be the Photino's lighter weight. I had a similar thing happen when, a few years back, a lingering tennis elbow pain that was creeping in while I was using the heavy Butterfly Toccata blade went away virtually overnight when I, for other reasons, shifted over to the very light Sauer and Troger Firestarter blade. Since then, only light blades for me, and no more tennis elbow.

Makes a lot of sense!

One thing I'm thinking, since I shifted to a softer rubber, I had to adjust my stroke. I have to brush the ball more deeper. This might have triggered another set of muscle to be developed.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 18:46 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

TTbuddy wrote:
Neither scientific nor coincidence. It's the 'EJ Wonder Cure' in your case :lol:

That is exactly I want to hear! :D