OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2018, 05:05 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Saves ball pick-up time I guess. Does this mean we can use this practice in our official play as well?

Quote:
ITTF World Tour & T2 Sign Collaboration Agreement

01/11/18

During the Seamaster 2017 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals in Astana, Kazakhstan; the ITTF World Tour and T2 signed a collaboration agreement.

The agreement will see the ITTF World Tour and T2 Asia & Pacific Table Tennis League working together to grow both properties for the betterment of global table tennis.

Mr Frank JI, who is the Founder & Chairman of T2 as well as the Chairman of Seamaster, the title sponsor of the ITTF World Tour stated:

“My goal is to create an environment where our table tennis players are adored and loved by millions across the world and not just by table tennis fans. An environment that would attract more media attention, more TV broadcasters, more fans and more money into the sport. I want table tennis to be one of the biggest sports in the world, and have our players become rich and famous! This is why I created the T2 league and sponsored the ITTF World Tour.”

“I see many synergies between the two properties, which is why this collaboration makes sense, so ITTF and T2 can work more closely together and achieve my goal of table tennis being a flourishing commercial sport,” concluded Mr JI, who is also the Special Advisor to the ITTF President for Commercial Business.

The collaboration will involve the ITTF World Tour, incorporating certain elements from T2, such as using multiple balls during matches, increased player promotion, player contracts and broadcast innovations.

The biggest aspect of the collaboration is that T2 will become the ITTF competition laboratory, whereby the ITTF can test new innovations such as ball tracking spin and speed, as well as the challenge system where players can challenge an umpire’s decision. This could work for edge ball and even fault serves. T2 is a perfect environment for testing to see if concepts are fit for official ITTF competitions.

ITTF President Thomas WEIKERT stated during the signing ceremony: “We are very happy to have people like Frank Ji in our sport, we need more passion, more ideas and more energy. With Mr Frank JI on board, we have been able to innovate and develop the 2017 ITTF World Tour, which resulted in record prize money, record TV viewership and record TV interest.”

“2018 is an important year for the ITTF, so we are looking forward to the collaboration, which will assist the ITTF to take the ITTF World Tour to new heights.”

The first event of the Seamaster 2018 ITTF World Tour will be the Hungarian Open commencing on 18 January 2018.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2018, 07:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I think they are using it more and more in different countries local leagues. Perhaps even in Sweden :). It should be ok in lower class leagues as well, can’t see why not? If you have the balls for it ;)

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2018, 12:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I suppose it increases the expense of buying balls... :lol: Can't see it happening in the big US tournaments except in the Open Finals.. just too many matches going on at one time, most of which are player-umpired (i.e. NO officials present).

Not that this is terribly new - I recall seeing it done in at least of Eastern European tournament on YouTube - Poland or Slovakia or somewhere.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2018, 20:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

DUSTY BALLS?
All the balls, as they come out from a factory, all covered with plastic dust.
This white fine dust will reduce the rubber friction and wreck your play, anyway.

ITTF does not care to clean up the balls. Some players did spoke against the multi ball to be introduced.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2018, 20:49 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

igorponger wrote:
DUSTY BALLS?
All the balls, as they come out from a factory, all covered with plastic dust.
This white fine dust will reduce the rubber friction and wreck your play, anyway.

ITTF does not care to clean up the balls. Some players did spoke against the multi ball to be introduced.

Spit, wipe, clean off, voila, a dust free ball!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 10:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I suppose, at least, we won't need multiple ball young persons, like they do in tennis... :lol:

There was a match at the WTTC two years ago when the ball got stuck under the fancy table, inside the lighted leg structure and one of the players had to crawl underneath to get it back...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 12:17 
I am Legend
I am Legend

They should have 1 ball, but change it after the first 7 points, then every 9 points after that :rofl:

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 14:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Should make it every 6 points - each towel break... :lol: (Or 12 points - every second towel break..)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 16:31 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
I doubt that will be popular in the USA with the Nittaku Premium made in Japan the ball of choice at $2-3 each

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 02:39 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I suppose changing the ball after every so many points would have made more sense with the old DHS 40+...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 09:39 

It's about time! I've always wondered why they don't have multiple balls at matches. Is it because TT is too cheap? They can't afford a few more balls? I realize it's a cheap sport to play but in a professional tournament??? Hopefully it will speed up the pace of the game. I have some friends that were new to TT and the first thing they commented when watching a match is "they're always running around chasing balls and not playing" :D

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 09:45 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Because a) the old balls werent that durable b) players think they can tell the diff between balls

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2018, 00:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

There was a match at the WTTC in KL - can't remember who was playing (Germany vs. Japan women) but the ball got caught in the legs of the exhibition table, where the lights were. One of the players had to crawl underneath to get it. They actually had to look around for it for maybe 20 seconds before they realized what happened to it.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!