OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Sharara Re-elected
PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 02:47 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Got this an hour ago in my mailbox:

Sharara Re-elected as ITTF President

Adham Sharara at the 2013 ITTF Annual General Meeting in Paris, France. Photo by Remy Gros.

Mr. Adham SHARARA (CAN) has been elected as the International Table Tennis President today at the 2013 ITTF Annual General Meeting in Paris, France.

He overcame the challenge from European Table Tennis Union President Mr. Stefano BOSI (ITA) and will add 4 more years to the 14 that he has already served in ITTF's top job.

Mr. Adham Sharara stated: "I am extremly plesed that as expected, the delegates of the AGM understood the importance of my work and understood very clearly our future plans. The overwealming support for my team and myself gives us extra motivatiion to try as hard as possible to make sure table tennis is in the top 5 sports in the world."

The ITTF Executive Committee serving under Mr Sharara will be: Shi Zhihao (CHN), Masahiro Maehara (JPN), Khalil Al-Mohannadi (QAT), Cherif Hajem (TUN), Petra Sorling (SWE), Thomas Weikert (GER), Patrick Gillmann (NCL) and Melecio Eduardo Rivera (SAL).

The race for the 2016 World Team Table Tennis Championships took a twist, as the AGM approved the proposal for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to host the 2016 edition and 2018 to be held in Halmstad, Sweden due to the high quality of both bids.

In other business at the 2013 AGM, 3 members of the Chinese Table Tennis team that was recently nominated for a Laureaus sport award, Ma Long, Li Xiaoxia and Zhang Zike were inducted into the ITTF Hall of Fame.

Bonaire were also confirmed as the 218th Table Tennis National association, which leaves table tennis just 2 associations short of Volleyball, who currently has the most national federations of any sport.

http://www.ittf.com/media/press_release/PR_15May13/index.html

Post subject: Re: Sharara Re-elected
PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 03:02 

Sad news ;(

Sharara : 149 votes
Bosi : 53 votes
source

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 05:58 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Well, we all knew that the fix was in. This ITTF electorate voted for Sharara even though they know they've been repeatedly lied to by him. 75% supported him despite evidence of serious corruption on multiple levels.

At least Bosi brought some of Sharara's unethical practices into the light.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 07:57 
Joo Too
Joo Too

mynamenotbob wrote:
Well, we all knew that the fix was in. This ITTF electorate voted for Sharara even though they know they've been repeatedly lied to by him. 75% supported him despite evidence of serious corruption on multiple levels.

At least Bosi brought some of Sharara's unethical practices into the light.

Still the allegations stand and it will weaken his positions a lot. I think some will want something back for keeping him president and he'll be reminded about when he gets too arrogant in his position.

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 09:06 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

The French Association backed Bosi. http://www.stefanobosi.com/wp-content/u ... y-2013.pdf

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 09:17 
Joo Too
Joo Too

mynamenotbob wrote:
The French Association backed Bosi. http://www.stefanobosi.com/wp-content/u ... y-2013.pdf

I'm quite curious how Germany and China voted. Anyone any info about that?

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 09:22 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Germany voted for Sharara. Not sure about China.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 09:28 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

It was secret ballots, so unless someone makes a statement there is no record on who voted for who. Of course, the people tallying the secret votes were all Sharara appointees or paid ITTF employees, so it's open to question what the real result was. So much for transparency.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 10:20 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
It was secret ballots, so unless someone makes a statement there is no record on who voted for who. Of course, the people tallying the secret votes were all Sharara appointees or paid ITTF employees, so it's open to question what the real result was. So much for transparency.

Are you sure? Isn't it common for such things to be handled by an independent firm?

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 10:51 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Maybe TMS did the counting.... :lol:

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 11:18 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

There is nothing in the ITTF Constitution about an independent entity doing the counting, probably never considered since ITTF presidents are usually in for life.

When Bosi requested a representative to observe the voting, ITTF CEO Judit Farago, a paid ITTF employee and longtime Sharara aide, assured him in writing "It is in everyone's interest to have a fair and democratic election. I am sure that all candidates for all positions agree and I am sure this is also what the delegates want. I can assure you that the elections will be conducted with integrity and the ITTF staff has taken every measure to ensure sure that.

"…Again, in order to stick to the rules and to avoid any misunderstandings, we cannot allow anyone to attend the AGM during the election process. Therefore we cannot allow your technician, but it will not be necessary based on the conditions mentioned above."

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 15:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
mynamenotbob wrote:
There is nothing in the ITTF Constitution about an independent entity doing the counting, probably never considered since ITTF presidents are usually in for life.

When Bosi requested a representative to observe the voting, ITTF CEO Judit Farago, a paid ITTF employee and longtime Sharara aide, assured him in writing "It is in everyone's interest to have a fair and democratic election. I am sure that all candidates for all positions agree and I am sure this is also what the delegates want. I can assure you that the elections will be conducted with integrity and the ITTF staff has taken every measure to ensure sure that.

"…Again, in order to stick to the rules and to avoid any misunderstandings, we cannot allow anyone to attend the AGM during the election process. Therefore we cannot allow your technician, but it will not be necessary based on the conditions mentioned above."

Gee, that doesn't sound like a con much....

Hopefully the allegations posed will be carried into court still and answered properly. If Adham is innocent, then let's see it tested. Winning the election doesn't change any of that.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 17:58 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Quote:
Adham Sharara: This election was different than others.

Our ambition is to make table tennis one of the five best sports in the world.

P4 Plan - Participation, Popularity, Profit, Planning - now we want to add fifth P - we are weak in the Promotion department, ITTF needs to do more promotion for our sport all over, not only in places where it is popular. The goal is to be one of the top five in the world. Everyone must work very hard for this.

Yes, he attacked, that was his strategy, but that is not my style. The delegates understood to elect someone who will work for the ITTF. No hard feelings at all.

We don't tell the world enough about what the ITTF does. We want to give ITTF a new brand and new image so everyone can recognize the ITTF.

Increase presence on modern media, social media, streaming more on ww.ittf.com and YouTube. Website and TV coverage of table tennis is generally very high but our events have low print coverage.

The results of the election indicate that the plan we presented is the plan that ITTF wants to follow.

No hard feelings? Then maybe Adham will finally answer Bosi's questions.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 4.26.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 4.26.05 AM.png [ 338.51 KiB | Viewed 3069 times ]
Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 4.26.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 4.26.27 AM.png [ 244.54 KiB | Viewed 3069 times ]

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 17 May 2013, 02:42 

Quote:
we are weak in the Promotion department

So... isn't that part of what TMS does? Marketing?

So TMS has failed to do it's job well?

PostPosted: 17 May 2013, 12:28 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Does anyone know if Bosi was allowed to speak at the AGM?

I know Sharara was doing all in his power to muzzle him.

http://tabletennista.com/2013/5/bosi-si ... annual-ge/

| My OOAK Interview