OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2013, 22:16 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
ITTF President, Mr. Adham Sharara, appointed to 2018 YOG Co-ordination Commission. Photo by ITTF.

Adham Sharara, President of the International Table Tennis Federation, has been appointed a member of the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) Co-ordination Commission for the upcoming 2018 Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires.

"It is a great honour to be appointed to the IOC's Co-ordination Commission for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires", said Adham Sharara.

It is the second time that the ITTF President has served on the IOC's Co-ordination Commission. President Sharara was elected a member of the Co-ordination Commission in 2006 prior to the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.

"I had a great experience as a member of the IOC's Co-ordination Commission for Beijing 2008 and I will bring with me this experience to the table."

President Sharara is representing the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF) on the 2018 Youth Olympic Games' Co-ordination Commission, which is chaired by Namibia's Frankie Fredericks.

"I am particularly interested in the development of the Youth Olympic Games not only as a high level competition for the youth of the world but also as an educational forum for the elite athletes of the future", added Adham Sharara.

"I sincerely thank IOC President Bach for this nomination and I thank ASOIF President Francesco Ricci Bitti for supporting my nomination on behalf of the international federations."

Joining President Sharara on the Co-ordination Commission are: Danka Bartekova, the newly elected International Olympic Committee member for the Slovak Republic who represents the Athletes' Commission; Henry Nuñez who is the Association of National Olympic Committee's representative and also the President of the Costa Rica Olympic Committee, plus International Olympic Committee members New Zealand's Barry Maister and China's Li Lingwei.