OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 06 May 2024, 18:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015, 22:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think the biggest issue, at least in recent times, is the lack of transparancy by the ITTF, and the lies and deceit through which they brought in some of the recent changes. The ball change was a classic example of this. I believe this is what upsets people even more than the actual change.
If changes are truly in the interest of the sport, there is no need to lie about anything, and open discussions, especially inclusive of minority groups, can potentially lead to even better changes.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 01:32 

hookshot wrote:
New tactic,,,,when you are ahead, slow the game down as much as possible.

Just leave the game alone. :punch:

That's what I said back in 1959, standardize the sport to HB, but nobody at the time was listening to a teenage newbie who had come to TT from tennis. :(

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 02:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I've seen the same charges of "lack of transparency" leveled at many organizations. I mean, what would it take to make things more transparent? Releasing of minutes of all committee meetings? Videotaping of all committee meetings? Even then some people will still not be satisfied. There are those who will put a negative spin on practically anything - the one about the orange celluloid balls is a good recent example. Just look at the current batch of thread topics on this "ITTF Watch" forum and you can see this.

Attachment:
ittfwatchtopics.jpg
ittfwatchtopics.jpg [ 100.85 KiB | Viewed 2778 times ]

I mean, "puppet president"????

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 02:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

bmann1942 wrote:
hookshot wrote:
New tactic,,,,when you are ahead, slow the game down as much as possible.

Just leave the game alone. :punch:

That's what I said back in 1959, standardize the sport to HB, but nobody at the time was listening to a teenage newbie who had come to TT from tennis. :(

So you must've been one of the anti-spongers this article talks about in 1959!

http://www.ittf.com/museum/TTC75.pdf

Actually, if they had "left the game alone" back then some of us would probably still be using 1/2 inch thick bare sponge - that might be fun!

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 02:42 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
So if we call out the ITTF on their B.S., we're just being hysterical and trying to put a negative spin on their lies? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For example: "Plastic balls are safer and much more cost effective than celluloid balls to produce."

So why are plastic balls TWICE the price again?

Or how about the "worldwide ban on celluloid" used to dupe the BoD to pass a motion on false pretenses?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 06:33 

iskandar taib wrote:
Lorre wrote:
Except faster equipment will bring the ball back faster and all will be done to slow down the game at the pro's level. Why just not play one point during those seven minutes? Who's going to stop that? It's a bizarre idea to limit the time needed to play a match. Not even tennis does this. And if I'm correct, tennis is quite popular on tv. So the reason for doing so is also bogus.

I wonder what their hidden agenda is.

One point? Too risky. WAY too risky for anyone to try it. And once one point is scored the person behind will be going all out. :P

Baal wrote:
OK, I declare now, I will never play games in a 7 minute format no matter what ITTF decides on this.

Oh, I dunno. Might be worth a try one evening, just to see what happens. Think of all the other silly stuff we do now and then, ever play the game where you have to run around to the other side of the table after you hit the ball?

Iskandar

Well, there's always beerpong. Haven't played it for awhile, since I no longer drink, but I believe there was a rule that if you missed the cup you had a seven minute time limit to chug your pitcher, according to IBPF (International Beer Pong Federation) regulations.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 07:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
For example: "Plastic balls are safer and much more cost effective than celluloid balls to produce."

Or how about the "worldwide ban on celluloid" used to dupe the BoD to pass a motion on false pretenses?

Plus lets not forget the change in ball size, which they didn't even propose or vote on. Of course this has come back to bite them, because it's made the balls weaker.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 09:19 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

haggisv wrote:
Plus lets not forget the change in ball size, which they didn't even propose or vote on. Of course this has come back to bite them, because it's made the balls weaker.

Also the original plastic balls were ALL supposed to be one-piece. The two-piece 40+ plastic balls now being used in ITTF tournaments weren't even supposed to exist.

Sharara: "As for the size of the ball, with the new process they will be 40mm, and very few will be over that size if any. It is a different process and the inside of the mold itself is 40mm, so not very likely to get balls bigger that 40mm. However, with the previous process (two discs shaped into semi-spheres), it was almost impossible to get the ball at 40mm. In any case, this is NOT the issue, the real issue is the availability of celluloid sheets."

Apparently it WAS the real issue after all. :lol:

----------

Regarding the upcoming ban on some very common and popular orange balls - that we are accused of being hysterical about - we must remember that on this very forum multiple times Sharara himself promised us that as long as celluloid balls are available they will remain legal, and all of us are welcome to use them.

The truth? Just like rubbers, if balls are removed from the ITTF list, they become illegal and are therefore banned. This is not negative spin, simply a fact.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 11:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mynamenotbob wrote:

So these two are related somehow? I suppose if you're into conspiracy theories you can spin another tale about Sharara having stock in XSF and DHS...

Quote:

This one's worth looking into. Such a "ban" might most likely take the form of transportation restrictions - classifying cellulose nitrate as a "inflammable substance" (which it is - it's the same stuff used in rifle and pistol ammunition), which would then make it prohibitely expensive to ship. Is such a "ban" in the works? I'll look into it. There's already such a "ban" on lithium batteries, which has put a crimp on the activities of some of my friends who fly electric powered model airplanes.

mynamenotbob wrote:
Also the original plastic balls were ALL supposed to be one-piece. The two-piece 40+ plastic balls now being used in ITTF tournaments weren't even supposed to exist.

Sharara: "As for the size of the ball, with the new process they will be 40mm, and very few will be over that size if any. It is a different process and the inside of the mold itself is 40mm, so not very likely to get balls bigger that 40mm. However, with the previous process (two discs shaped into semi-spheres), it was almost impossible to get the ball at 40mm. In any case, this is NOT the issue, the real issue is the availability of celluloid sheets."

Ah, I see. Very clear. You take one isolated statement, which may or may not be in context, and from that you make out that all the new balls were supposed to be seamless. Forget for the moment that there are several companies involved in making balls, with much already invested in production lines, and they're all free to make and sell balls, and submit them for approval to ITTF.

Quote:
Regarding the upcoming ban on some very common and popular orange balls - that we are accused of being hysterical about - we must remember that on this very forum multiple times Sharara himself promised us that as long as celluloid balls are available they will remain legal, and all of us are welcome to use them.

The truth? Just like rubbers, if balls are removed from the ITTF list, they become illegal and are therefore banned. This is not negative spin, simply a fact.

The REAL truth? You don't know why the TSP balls were removed from the list, and who was responsible for their removal from the list (most likely TSP themselves), but you immediately make ITTF responsible for maliciously removing them from the list and thereby "banning" them. And then you quote Sharara and extend that general statement to include ALL and every celluloid ball. Never mind that there are already many celluloid balls that are "banned" (by your definition), and have been "banned" even way before the plastic balls were ever conceived. This is a classic example of negative spin - ascribing the worst possible motives for something even before you know what actually happened. Even if you did it wouldn't make much difference, you've already made up your mind that there's some dark, secret cabal in control at ITTF and there's GOT to be some conspiracy going on here..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 12:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
you've already made up your mind that there's some dark, secret cabal in control at ITTF and there's GOT to be some conspiracy going on here..

Iskandar

Who hasn't realized it already except you? :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 16:49 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

iskandar taib wrote:
Ah, I see. Very clear. You take one isolated statement, which may or may not be in context, and from that you make out that all the new balls were supposed to be seamless. Forget for the moment that there are several companies involved in making balls, with much already invested in production lines, and they're all free to make and sell balls, and submit them for approval to ITTF.

One isolated statement? Let me educate you.

In 2011, the ITTF formally ordered manufacturers to develop a seamless plastic ball using a completely new manufacturing process (this had been pre-arranged years prior). XuShaofa, DHS and Double Fish entered into a joint agreement to produce those balls in XuShaofa's factory, which were originally to be put into use after the 2012 Olympics.

In 2013, the manufacturers got into a dispute and only then did DHS and Double Fish start producing two-piece plastic balls. On June 28, 2013 the ITTF announced there was a change in plans and "there is now the possibility of having two types of plastic balls: a) seamless, and b) with seam."

It also sounds like you're blissfully unaware that the central theme in the last ITTF election was allegations of long term corruption on the part of Sharara.

Or that that Adham's handpicked ITTF manager in charge of testing and approval of the plastic balls quietly took out patents on the new ball design under his wife's name.

Or that the ITTF's claim of a "worldwide ban on celluloid" has been thoroughly investigated and proven to be bogus.

These are facts. But don't bother to do your research. Just keep drinking that ITTF Kool-Aid.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015, 22:28 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
I let the discussion have it's go: I've said my opinion about Iskandar loud and clear and he's acting like it so far. But let me add this: I also don't believe in conspiracy theories. However, people react to each other (mostly in these cases for their own personal gain) and can therefore appear to form a group basing their membership on greed. They, off course, will stab each other a knife in the back eventually. They don't identify themselves as being in a group, but for the outter world they might appear like it.

I'll take the popcorn now. :devil: :clap: Someone will have to give here for sure and I already know who that will be. I see a second AH story unfolding itself. :n:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015, 10:58 
My Precious

FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
So if we call out the ITTF on their B.S., we're just being hysterical and trying to put a negative spin on their lies? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am a Professional Fire Fighter & have been for 49 years saying that plastic balls are safer is not true when plastic burns it gives off Cyanide related gasses & which are very poisonous! :swear: :@

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015, 11:20 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Such a "ban" might most likely take the form of transportation restrictions

Do Sharara's words "celluloid is banned, is not allowed in most of the world" really sound like "transportation restrictions" to you?