OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015, 03:39 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
They don't say whether it's seamed or seamless. :(

Quote:
Butterfly Announce New 3 Star 40+ Plastic Ball Made in Germany

Most of the feedback that we have received from our customers over the last year has been concern about the quality, performance, durability and cost of the 40+ plastic balls. Good news is on the way.

Butterfly, the world famous manufacturer, have announced the launch of a new Butterfly plastic ball range manufactured in Germany. Up to now all of the plastic balls have been manufactured in China – both the ones with and without a seam.

The new Butterfly 3 Star 40+ is scheduled to be available next month. It’s round, hard, durable, has a higher bounce and is at a cost which is much closer to the current celluloid Butterfly 3 Star. Butterfly, who have exclusivity over all of the production of this particular ball, predict that it will quickly become the most popular ball worldwide. Butterfly will be selling it everywhere, including both in Japan and China. The quantities available should be sufficient to meet the demand.

This could be the answer that we have all been hoping for.

For those customers who prefer quality celluloid balls and wish to use them for their league matches for the coming season, we confirm that currently the Butterfly 3 Star celluloid remains available. ITTF approval of this ball is current until the end of December 2015. Butterfly have confirmed that they are going continue the ITTF approval of the Butterfly 3 Star celluloid ball for 2016.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015, 04:32 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
Quote:
Butterfly Announce New 3 Star 40+ Plastic Ball Made in Germany

It’s round, hard, durable, has a higher bounce and is at a cost which is much closer to the current celluloid Butterfly 3 Star.

higher bounce = no thank you! :punch:

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015, 06:31 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
That's probably in comparison to the seamed balls which do seem to bounce strangely low at times, lower than celluloid.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015, 06:34 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
dunc wrote:
That's probably in comparison to the seamed balls which do seem to bounce strangely low at times, lower than celluloid.

thats actually better for defensive players, as chopped balls or blocks that come in lower are harder to loop again for the offensive player..

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015, 06:38 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Aye, I wouldn't mind it - but it's very inconsistent. I don't think it's low bounce by design.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015, 09:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Although they say that price was a common complaint, they don't say how expensive these balls will be either. Since Butterfly balls are among the most expensive on the market currently, I don't expect prices cheaper than the current Chinese-made seamless.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015, 13:46 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
haggisv wrote:
Although they say that price was a common complaint, they don't say how expensive these balls will be either. Since Butterfly balls are among the most expensive on the market currently, I don't expect prices cheaper than the current Chinese-made seamless.

a) The Butterfly 3 Star 40+ have an introductory price of

Box of 3 £3.99
Box of 12 £15.75
Box of 72 £95.00

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2015, 12:46 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

So any confirmation as to the seamless/not seamless construction of these balls???

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2015, 09:37 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
Any update on these German made balls ?
Does anyone have a picture of one ?
Got a mention on the link below where they said that they were truly awful....
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28152&start=45#p299804

I mentioned somewhere that I received a dozen Butterfly Chinese poly balls from Teesport. Tried them tonight and they were OK. Didn't manage to break any which compared to early on this year was a big plus. After playing with the XSF ball I think I preferred this seamed poly ball despite being a Chinese poly. Bounce isn't as high didn't feel as big felt a little lighter. Definitely slower than the XSF. Would need more time with it before I could tell if there was a difference in spin but it could have been a little less. Still waiting on the Nittaku Premiums to see if I would prefer them.

P.S. My old club has decided on the XSF as their chosen ball for the leagues. Jury is still out on my current club as to what they will be playing with. I wonder if individuals will end up with slightly different setups for either the seamless and the seamed poly balls. Tonight I felt that the harder sponged FH rubber was ideal whilst on the XSF I felt I could drop back to a 'softness' of a T05.