OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Kingnik Poly ball
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2015, 22:36 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Besides wrecking our own very refined games, making monkeys out of both of us to look like almost newbies, we did not enjoy the experience, i will continue to write more later about progress (or not), but it became clear that the lack on ball grip made both our tacky rubbers v. difficult to use and dare i say i,t useless to even think of proceeding with for the upcoming season!!

We did get more used to the ball after 2 1/2 hrs use, it is consistent, you have to adjust for your normal shots going long, it has a very high bounce and was hard to use in the short game or with soft strokes with many high balls popping up for kills, but many of these easy shots went long also!!!!
It feels harder, heavier, floats more, was difficult to cut on all manner of shots - hitting a spinny, fast shot left no room for error!

PS

I had recently used Nittaku SHA ball in a hot, slightly humid climate just before this, i experienced the same there, but wondered if the humidity was the problem, but as i had no problems there previously in same conditions with cell ball - i discounted the humidity as a problem!

This ball was truly awful, very inconsistent, serving off the table (wtf - i never do that!! ), shots going into net, balls / flights shots very inconsistent too, many going long!
No rhyme nor reason to what developed in play, it really sapped my brain power to use and unsettled my confidence in play.

I had 4 sessions with, of about 3 hours each, although i got used to these (lack of) qualities, it ruined my consistent game!

I did not enjoy!

tbc...............................................................

Post subject: Re: Kingnik Poly ball
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2015, 08:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Not a good experience. :( They're probably no worse than other seamless though, are they?

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2015, 21:38 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
I played with Kingnik balls at a training camp for 5 days (around 30 hours of play in total).

I found them a little brittle (cracked 2), and a little inconsistent in terms of batch quality (2 egged balls) but other than that, they're not much worse than the Xushaofa seamless in my opinion.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2015, 21:51 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

haggisv wrote:
Not a good experience. :( They're probably no worse than other seamless though, are they?

In my experience of 2 types N40+SHA (4 SESSIONS), by far the best, lol!!!!! :lol:

So i have not tried any other SL, but could see they are quite consistent despite all of the changed properties from Cell balls.

Really v. surprised by the high bounce though!!! :@

@dunc - They are supposed to be the same ball by the same manufacturer!!

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 09:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

dunc wrote:
I played with Kingnik balls at a training camp for 5 days (around 30 hours of play in total).

I found them a little brittle (cracked 2), and a little inconsistent in terms of batch quality (2 egged balls) but other than that, they're not much worse than the Xushaofa seamless in my opinion.

Little to wonder, all the cakes coming from the same oven.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 22:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Robot Blocker wrote:
haggisv wrote:

In my experience of 2 types N40+SHA (4 SESSIONS), by far the best, lol!!!!! :lol:

So i have not tried any other SL, but could see they are quite consistent despite all of the changed properties from Cell balls.

Really v. surprised by the high bounce though!!! :@

@dunc - They are supposed to be the same ball by the same manufacturer!!

The two clubs where i play both use seemless balls, one XSF and the other Kingnik. And we have yet to experience any "bad" balls. We intially tried a variety of seamed balls...but not the new premium Nittaku balls.... with varying degrees of satisfaction, but with the XSF and Kingnik there have been negligible complaints. We have yet to break a ball of either variety, except for the ones that have been trodden upon. The big spinners took a little longer to acclimate, but we have seen very little of the problems discussed abover.

Our players primarily range from about fifteen hundred to two thousand (with a couple somewhat above the two thousand level.

tOD

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 23:54 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

igorponger wrote:
dunc wrote:

Little to wonder, all the cakes coming from the same oven.

Lol!!!!
You make me laugh so much igor, i like the analogy!!

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015, 00:04 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Update 2, - 2nd session last night, much better, started to get more used to timing required, it's clear that we all have more time on the ball in general, but the ball can still be put away fast, also skids on table and / or dips low under oppos blades on fast loops.
Is this as a result of the powder coating coming off the ball, i wonder if it will be prudent to wipe ball free of it pre match?, i will experiment!!!!

Other observations!!

More wobble can be seen on balls in play!!

More bend can put be on balls in play and from serves often ace'ing oppo!!!!

Good contact on u/spin serves make it v. difficult to return serve what with less ball friction!

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 07:50 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

KINGNIK BALL GETS BETTER AND BETTER OF QUALITY.

Premium Grade super selection ball, more springy 280 mm rebounce height.

http://minkow.en.alibaba.com/product/60 ... balls.html

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 10:27 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
So do you buy these from Alibaba, or direct from Minkow?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 17:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Last time I got some directly from Minkow. Don't think much of Alibaba's shopping cart software, although AliExpress is very, very good.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2015, 09:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

INTIMACY MAKES TRADING SO EASY...

Minkow has now established a special outlet to trade their goods wordlwide through Aliexpress site.
The sayed outlet is not a regular AE shop, it is fairly hard to get into this Minkow's den . YOU need to become a trusty buyer to get admission to the AliEspress Minkow, Mr. Franklin Yan's location.
Still,, once you a lucky dog, making friendly relations with Mr. Yan, you will get plastic ball 0.5 US$ from Minkow factory, payment by Aliexpress.

GOOD LUCK.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2015, 10:54 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

That is just pure showing off Igor, getting those prices!!!

Some middlemen are driving Rolls Royces!!M

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2015, 17:45 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Don't believe Igor. Just write to Minkow. As long as they don't have a dealer already in your area, they will sell directly to you. You can even apply to be their dealer. If they already have a dealer in your area they'll point you to him/her and you can obtain the balls that way.

The price he's talking about involves a very large minimum - how long will it take you to use up 1000 balls?

AliExpress and Alibaba are different, even though AliExpress was set up by Alibaba. AliExpress has very good, painless shopping cart software and is meant for consumers, Alibaba is meant for business-to-business business.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2015, 19:16 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Robot Blocker wrote:
That is just pure showing off Igor, getting those prices!!! :lol:

Some middlemen are driving Rolls Royces!!M
:lol:

Edit to add smilies. Igor, I genuinely find you amusing, your remarks often crease me up and make me lol, your - is it? Russian to English?, translation is very good and sometimes comes across as Olde English!!!

You are obviously intelligent and a very good tt player from what I have seen of your videos, I enjoy very much!