OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016, 02:34 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
I don't get it. :headbang: Definitely aimed at casual audience, but then it has this strict time limit of 2 min - who is monitoring the time? Umpire, player, your cool friend standing nearby?

Since it's time limited, what stops me from not serving once I got the lead and let the clock run out? Do I win that way? Rulebook says this:

In the event of time-wasting by any player,
the umpire may award any number of points
to the opponent, at his/her own discretion.

So, you must have an umpire after all, who can simply award the win to your opponent? Yes, that will go well, I'm sure.

The more I think about this - it feels like a game invented in a boardroom that has nothing to do with current TT (and I include hardbat, sandpaper etc. in this), besides having a table, paddles, and ball.

:n: :swear:

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016, 07:00 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
I don't get the general trend in TT specific and sports and the world in general. Everything has to be fun and beware if you have to use your brains. Why not make the sport more technical and tactical again so a second Waldner can rule the world?

I imagine being beaten by one of my relatives with this new TTX. The shame!!! :D

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016, 08:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

On the bright side: we have nothing to worry about.
Dead on arrival.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016, 09:02 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
In the U.S. there are actually lots of tables in homes. There are millions of "basement" players. All they need to do is introduce them to "real" table tennis. Most don't even know there are competitions or what level it can be played.
They are just dumbing the sport down. I bet there will be very few converts to our established sport.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016, 09:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I'd like to see any studies or research that shows that adding a simpler and more 'fun' version of a sport, can have a positive impact on the main sport. If they can show this, it might have a chance. If it's just a 'bright' idea that someone came up with, that they thought might work, I think they've wasted their (and our) money, and I think it's got just as much chance of deterring from our sport, than attracting to our sport.

I'd also like to know who will make the equipment, and whether any of it needs ITTF approval (which could potentially make them big $$$).

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016, 07:55 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Official ITTF rules:

EQUIPMENT - THE GREAT THING ABOUT TTX IS THAT IT CAN BE PLAYED ANYTIME, ANYWHERE

1. Grab yourself a standard table tennis table, or if you don't have one, then any flat surface will do. Approx. dimensions if you need them are 2.74m long x 1.525m wide. Or just feel free to improvise.

2. If your table doesn't have a net, then construct a 'wall or net' to mark the table into two halves.

3. Arm yourself with a fierce table tennis bat and balls! Coming soon, TTX bats will be without rubber and TTX balls will be bigger and heavier.

4. Play indoor or outdoor (and let the wind add an extra dimension!).

That's it. You have all the equipment you need, so get your game-face on and get ready for a game of TTX! We are also constantly working on improving the TTX experience. Watch this space for more updates on official TTX equipment!

SERVING - YOU'RE IN IT TO WIN IT

To begin your match, decide who gets to go first, by either tossing a coin, or playing a game of 'rock, paper, scissors' against your opponent.

The winner of the draw or coin toss, gets to choose if they would like to serve first or choose their preferred side of the table.

If serving first, then your opponent gets to choose which end of the table they would like to start at.

Unlike conventional table tennis, there are no set rules for how to serve in a game of TTX, so you can freestyle it, and serve it your way! You don't have to toss the ball if you don't want to, there is no specific toss height, and you are able to hide service behind arms, legs or other body parts. The start of serve can be from anywhere.

For a serve to count, the ball must bounce once on the serving player's side of the table first, followed by bouncing on the opponent's side once.

As long as the serve is made before the buzzer, the point will be considered.

Keep vigilant because your opponent can serve when you are not ready!

ORDER OF PLAY - ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE & WAR

Singles

Players take turns to hit until points are gained. The winner of the last point will continue to serve until they lose the point. The player who loses the first/previous set will start the subsequent set by serving.

Doubles

1. Sequence for doubles will be one hit per player

2. As per singles, the winner will continue to serve, with the exception that the pair will serve alternately

3. Server can serve from/to anywhere

4. On the receiving end, anyone from the opposite end can choose to receive

Players have to change ends in every set. Keep it fair people!

SCORING - IT'S FAST AND FURIOUS, AND THERE'S ALWAYS A CHANCE TO STRIKE BACK!

Points in TTX are won in the same way as regular table tennis.

The key things to know are:

A player shall score a point(s) if:
– an opponent fails to make a correct service or return
– the ball passes over the end line without touching his or her court, after being struck by an opponent
– an opponent obstructs the ball or strikes the ball twice in succession

1 POINT

Scored when:

– your opponent doesn’t return the ball over the net
– opponent fails to make a correct service

2 POINTS

Scored when a shot or service is a:

‘Winner’

A winner is winning shot (see, said it was simple). 2 points are awarded if you, or your opponent, serves or returns a ball that the opponent does not touch... WINNER!

‘Wildcard Ball’
A wildcard gives you the chance to score extra points when you might need it most. To activate the wildcard ball, a player must call "WILDCARD!" before a serve. If that player then wins the game with the wildcard ball, you get 2 points.

However, you can’t rest on your laurels in TTX. You never know when the game might change, and when your opponent might score points!

4 POINTS

Scored when:

- you call a ‘Wildcard Ball’ and serve a winner or hit a winner shot

High Risk, high reward!

GAMEPLAY - GET READY FOR SOME ACTION! TTX IS TIME-BOUND AND INTENSE

A single set of TTX lasts for 2 minutes (or any time limit that suits you when playing casually), and is won by the player or pair of players that scores the most points, or reaches a 10 point margin first, within 2 minutes (or set time limit).

A match is composed of a prescribed number of sets, which will be dependent on the level of competition or prescribed by the rules of the tournament or event you're playing in.

Usually it's three or five sets, but if you're just hanging out with family and friends, then you can mix it up however you want. Make it freestyle to whatever suits your ability, time, energy levels, etc!

To the death! In the event of a tie, players play a 'sudden death rally' and the first player to win the points wins the set/match.

KEEP IT FAIR AND SQUARE - IT’S TEMPTING TO GET CARRIED AWAY

In the spirit and sportsmanship of TTX, lets keep the sport fun and enjoyable for all.

As TTX is a time oriented sport, time-wasting by any player is not cool, and will be frowned upon.

In the event of time-wasting by any player, the umpire may award any number of points to the opponent, at his/her own discretion.

May the best player win!

HUSTLE YOUR WAY TO GLORY

That's it, you're all set for a game of TTX.

Good luck and be bold!

Let us know what you think of the sport and the rules at ttx.world We'd love to have your feedback!

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016, 08:08 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

So if you have a table, "all" you have to buy are TTX bats, TTX balls, and some kind of timer/buzzer. Time-wasting by any player is "not cool," but serving when the opponent isn't ready is. The X in TTX stands for "Xtreme." Apparently, this is some type of out-of-touch attempt by 50-year-old ITTF execs to attract young people to the sport. I don't think Pokemon Go has anything to worry about.

Like the official table and net?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016, 10:29 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
Official ITTF rules:

Let us know what you think of the sport and the rules at ttx.world We'd love to have your feedback!

I am quite tempted to leave some (constructive :devil: ) feedback there.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 06:43 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

AA wrote:
DTopSpirit wrote:
Here's some thoughts on the new form of table tennis:

haha funny

but at 3:20 who are they referring to? "tabletennis terminator", "he is ruthless.." it was inaudible. also who did they refer to as his cell mate, that was inaudible too..

Greg must be busy making another video after hearing the exciting news of TTX! :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 09:51 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

ITTF President Thomas Weikert: "This is the future."

Is this the ITTF's new hope to stop the Chinese? I think it's official. Weikert is clueless and should resign immediately.

Attachments:
ittf-future.jpg
ittf-future.jpg [ 433.47 KiB | Viewed 2215 times ]
28800611585_8096d827f5_o.jpg
28800611585_8096d827f5_o.jpg [ 12.47 MiB | Viewed 2219 times ]

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 12:38 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Hey, looking at the video and the picture, penholders may be making a come back!

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 14:23 

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
This should have been introduced April 1st. Its a joke! :n:

No word yet on weather the equipment must be ITTF approved.

No spin bats! Try to coach someone in table tennis after they have played this junk game. :headbang:

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 14:46 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
What they should have done is designed this game with the world's most popular sports in mind, so that it would MAKE TT popular.

So they should have:

The ball - Sized between a basketball and a soccer ball, with half of it looking like a baskeball and the other half looking like a soccer ball. Of course it'll be lighter than either basketball or soccer ball.

The bats - lighter versions of the baseball bat.

And there you have it...a sport with all the makings of popularity that the major sports have! Sure fire winner! :P :lol:

Now I can just see the ITTF reading this and thinking...."why didn't WE think of that?" :@ :lol: :P :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 15:00 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Another great video. Timo Boll tries out the new ITTF form of table tennis (TTX). It messed his game up so much he almost lost his opening match in the Olympics!

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 18:28 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
:up: :up: :up: MNNB!!!

hookshot wrote:
No spin bats! Try to coach someone in table tennis after they have played this junk game. :headbang:

Ideal to create some darksiders, though! :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next