OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 02:17 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
One subplot to the election involves the current suspension of ITTF chief executive Judit Farago on full pay until after the election due to, what it is believed, to be a breakdown in relations with Weikert.

Another involves the role played by ITTF chair Adham Sharara, who stepped-down to be replaced by Weikert as President in 2014.

Weikert claimed in an interview with German newspaper Ruhr Nachrichten that Sharara was supporting Saive.

The Canadian did not confirm his views when contacted by insidethegames but did admit his relationship with the German had deteriorated.

"Over time, with some irreparable differences we lost trust in each other due to an accumulation of factors and incidents," he said.

Sharara is due to chair the meeting in the German city but has informed the ITTF membership that he will "recuse" himself from chairing the election portion.

This part will instead be supervised by an independent legal supervisor to remove any "perceived bias" during the process.

The election is due take place during the ITTF Annual General Meeting on May 31.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/ ... -president

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 02:38 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Sounds like Sharara may be upset that Weikert cut off the TMS money train.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 16:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very interesting indeed. Would be great to be a 'fly on the wall' at one of their meeting. :lol:

PostPosted: 12 May 2017, 00:19 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
haggisv wrote:
Very interesting indeed. Would be great to be a 'fly on the wall' at one of their meeting. :lol:

But then, there high probability of something fly to the wall, looking at how tense the situation is. :P

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 23:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Interesting that Weikert is using the fact that Sharara supposedly supports Saive as some kind of bludgeon -- as if Sharara has now been totally discredited (as Sharara certainly should be given his really quite obvious corruption, in spite of the fact that for some reason he still gets to chair an ITTF meeting).

In light of that, which MNNB is nicely documenting, here is the ONE thing I would very much like to know:

Back in 2014, the last time there was an election and a time when Sharara's corruption was already obvious (his opponent from Italy made a large point of it), who did Weikert support? Did he support Stefano Bosi?

Because if Weikert supported Sharara back then, we can conclude that his more recent disavowal of Sharara (by saying he supports Saive) is entirely about serving his own interests and has nothing to do with some high moral principle. And that would probably mean "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Of course we don't get to vote so it doesn't matter what we think, and what matters is what ITTF does moving forward. TTEX and the ongoing poor marketing does not give me much confidence.

(Here are reminders of some of that on this older OOAK thread, MMNB was on top of this then too).

https://www.sportskeeda.com/table-tenni ... turns-ugly

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=25240

Edit added: Looking through the web, it seems that Weikert and Bosi did not get along, and it may have been for issues outside of Sharara, but I'm not sure. It related in part to how the European Championships should be organized.