OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2017, 06:08 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
The Weikert camp says Sharara was unable to handle not being in control and had sought to interfere and undermine Weikert's presidency.

Sharara claimed Weikert had been acting in an increasingly authoritarian manner.

As we suspected, it's confirmed that the suspension of ITTF CEO Judit Farago has to do with the Weikert-Sharara dispute. A specific reason has still not been given, but obviously she's supporting Sharara. The ITTF didn't release anything on the matter from their BoD meeting.

Weikert says Sharara will no longer have any influence within the organization and the ITTF may scrap Sharara's self-made position of chairman.

Weikert criticized Angela Merkel's German Government for not attending the world championships.

Weikert also denied that the Chinese-dominated nature of the sport is negatively affecting its popularity. (A clear lie. We all know TT would be more popular if other countries had a chance.)

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/ ... ina-crisis
http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/ ... mpionships

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2017, 09:58 
Super User

Blade: VKMO (FL)
FH: Gambler Volt-T black
BH: TSP Spectol Blue 1.5 red
mynamenotbob wrote:
The Weikert camp says Sharara was unable to handle not being in control and had sought to interfere and undermine Weikert's presidency.

Sharara claimed Weikert had been acting in an increasingly authoritarian manner.

Plenty of room for these both to be true IMO :V

mynamenotbob wrote:
Weikert says Sharara will no longer have any influence within the organization and the ITTF may scrap Sharara's self-made position of chairman.

Probably a good thing, even though it's likely being done for bad reasons.

mynamenotbob wrote:
Weikert also denied that the Chinese-dominated nature of the sport is negatively affecting its popularity. (A clear lie. We all know TT would be more popular if other countries had a chance.)

Not sure what they can do about this. I'm not a fan of artificially capping the number of entrants per country they way it's done now (which probably kept JSH from playing in the 2017 WTTC, to my chagrin), which doesn't seem to be working anyways. The problem here is that the Chinese legitimately have a larger pool of great players and a fantastic training and coaching apparatus. The long-term way to fix this is to grow the sport at the local amateur level in other countries, and neither the ITTF nor its member organizations seem to be any good at doing that.

Currently experimenting with short pips:
VKMO+ Gambler Volt-T + TSP Spectol Blue (1.5)
Joola CWX + Nittaku Hurricane III Pro Turbo Orange + Spinlord Gepard (1.8 )

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2017, 10:47 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
I guess TTX did not come up? :?:

Sorry, did not read the linked article.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2017, 18:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The Chinese are just better players and they have a huge supply. No way to legislate that away.

As for Weikert, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Purging all residuals of Sharara is only good if the new people are better. I am not optimistic.

And if Weikert couldn't get reps of German government to attend the WTTC it suggests they just don't like him or he bungled the invitation. Most of the time that should be the easy part! I find this really telling. Weikert just might well be an a-hole or incompetent or both.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2017, 23:14 

Editor did miss the focus: reason why Saive lost is not due to a lack of administrative experience. It's all about money. Weikert has ITTF resources from development project at his disposal, and could easily buy votes by promising allocating equipments to these small countries. Also obviously rumor about giving cash to certain national association is not included in the article. .. . I lost interest in these politics...

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2017, 23:15 

Not mention getting votes by promising official positions to certain people from National associations. Look at these new EC members. Easy to see. Same as politics everywhere

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2017, 00:17 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
Quote:
A clear lie. We all know TT would be more popular if other countries had a chance.

Blaming China for just beeing better in about any aspect doesn't fit the bill. Imho, western countries seem to be more interested in pressing as much money as possible out of players etc., they seem to think for short-term effects only.
Japan did do some promising support of the sport and they do earn the scores, rightly so.
Looking elsewhere I just see halfhearted and temporary attempts to give the scores some boost. But hey, there's not much money to spend once soccer, tennis, icehockey and so on have been fed with fresh bucks.