OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2024, 01:46 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
mac33 wrote:
It is obviously a top down conspiracy so over 99 percent are kept in the dark believing the lies.

Obviously! Since you seem to be in the 1% that knows, would you be so kind to enlighten us who is behind this "top down conspiracy" and why would they hide it from us.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2024, 10:10 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
mac33 wrote:
So let me get this right - you look up at the sun daily and your conclusion is it is the earth that is moving every 24 hours around the sun lol.

Almost correct - the earth spins around every 24 hours, but it revolves around the sun every 365.25 days (we humans call this a year). So, you have a spinning ball rotating on its axis, circling around another object in space. If you take all the other information you can experience into account - there is no other explanation. Think about the travel distances between cities, and try and explain this with a flat earth.

Your assumption seems to be that because you don't sense that you are moving, you are stationery, the world is stationery, and everything else moves relative to you (and the earth). Have you ever travelled on a train - particularly a high-speed train at 300km/h? If there were no windows, you would have no sense of the speed that you are doing - because your speed relative to the train is zero (if you can sit still). The same with a flight. If you cannot grasp this concept, I understand why you need to try and explain everything based on your belief that the earth doesn't move.

mac33 wrote:

Now all your senses bar none tell you are standing on a stationary earth and further your eyes can surely only indicate to you that it is the sun that is moving.

Why because it moves at a decent rate and this is easily observable.

This is quite clear from the above comments. The earth spins. If you could understand this, everything would change.

mac33 wrote:

As for so many would have to be in on it - complete nonsense.

It is obviously a top down conspiracy so over 99 percent are kept in the dark believing the lies.

anyone who understands geography, science, all governments, all government agencies, anyone who has gone to space, anyone who has flown or sailed around the world, all astronomers, everyone who has ever worked on providing maps, Google, Apple and all their employees involved in any location data - or anyone who can think logically about what makes sense - would need to be in on the conspiracy. It's not 99% kept in the dark, it's (I don't know what % - but the vast majority) who can make logical deductions.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2024, 18:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
I often wonder how much time ballers have actually spent looking at the opposing evidence.

Now as a minimum i would have thought you needed at least 10 hours looking at the evidence presented on flat earth documentaries.

You cannot possibly have an informed opinion without first looking in depth at the evidence from the other side.

Start by watching 200 proofs the earth is flat by Eric Dubay.

There is two hours of the ten which likely is one hour 59 minutes more than PRW has done lol.

Ballers are some of the most religious people there are.

They believe and regurgitate the narrative like its gospel.

Critical research seems to be a thing of the past these days, possibly by design.

:lol:

I guess, on the positive side, Mac isn't advocating that schools STOP teaching science (and history), like some right wingers in Florida are doing right now. He bemoans the lack of "critical research"... which I suppose is good, though he's mistaken about the "lack" part. The stuff he's arguing about was proven and settled long ago - science has moved on to bigger and better things.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2024, 22:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2024, 02:04 
Super User

I do not see any post above from peterpong.

Anyways i am thinking ball earthers are eating too much junk food and consuming tap water / fluoride that has unfortunately destroyed their pineal gland, so little if any connection is possible with the divine.

Novak on his unprocessed diet is a staunch anti vaxxer.

I just wonder then if he too believes their 'science' on this topic.

I've just finished eating a litre of Vanilla and Boysenberry ice cream - i might wake up tomorrow believing in their bendy water theory / curved horizon lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy-fKCwr6SQ&t=55s

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2024, 18:34 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

mac33 wrote:

I've just finished eating a litre of Vanilla and Boysenberry ice cream - i might wake up tomorrow believing in their bendy water theory / curved horizon lol.

Although ice cream can do many things, I don't think that it can act as antipsychotic medication

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2024, 13:31 
Super User

So many times I've wanted to come to this thread and debunk the nonsense that gets posted here. Thankfully, on most occasions, I've managed to resist that temptation.

Just recently, however, I read a fascinating article which I believe is relevant to the discussion. The piece was about a well known religious cult that sends out its members to knock on our doors and try to interest us in their magazine and listen to their religious spiel. Surprisingly, the reason why they do this is not to convert us! They know when they set out, when they walk up our street, when they stand on our doorstep that they will be rejected. They know the door is going to be closed in their faces. They know that sometimes they'll be abused and sworn at. They know these things and that is why they do it!

The extraordinary psychological reason they come door knocking is so they will be rejected! Subconsciously they want to be turned away. That way, when they return to their church, they'll be surrounded by lots of others with similar stories of rejection, and this will bond them more and more tightly together! They alone know the truth, they alone will be saved. Rejection is the mechanism by which their community is formed and their identity established.

Isn't this exactly what happens when we argue with flat earthers? Mac retreats from here and returns to his videos which "prove" the rest of us are wrong. He comes expecting to be rejected and he leaves hurt by our mockery, fleeing back into the arms of those who tell him he is special. Only flat earthers know the truth, only flat earthers have been saved from the lies and manipulations of NASA, the global elite, the lizard people.

When we reject Mac we satisfy his need to be special. He doesn't want to convert us. He wants us to slam the door in his face.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2024, 23:26 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
I do not see any post above from peterpong.

Yes you do, or you hadn't mentioned it. You just can't read it.

I think I can. Spelled out in detail, my reading is "Full stop".

You're welcome! ;)

(It may also be that he just contributed a nearly insignificant round object to the discourse.)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2024, 02:48 
Super User

I missed the full stop in the same way i missed the seas and ocerans curving lol.

Actually, when looking at the horizon from a ship out at sea, I think the horizon line 360 degree around may actually be horizontal after all.

The reason being the horizon line would meet up. Look down on a spherical soccer ball as an example and the horizon line meets up but of course the line is always below you r eye.

Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories.... famous last words that seem to be embraced by a few on here.

I was looking at 200 Proofs the Earth is Flat by Eric Dubay a week ago.

Anyone care to offer an explanation to number 15?

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2024, 10:35 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

mac33 wrote:

I was looking at 200 Proofs the Earth is Flat by Eric Dubay a week ago.

it seems that no.15 is the belief that if the earth was a ball, aircraft would have to constantly dips their noses downwards, otherwise they would end up in space.

This idea ignores the atmosphere, the effect of speed and lift on a plane, and gravity. When a plane is at speed, the wings provide a certain amount of lift (as in when a plane takes off). This horisontal speed also provides lift due to the shape of the wings (too detailed to explain here, look it up). The lift is counteracted by gravity - if a plane doesn't fly fast enough, it falls out of the sky. The higher a plane is, the thinner the atmosphere, and the less availability of lift. A plane (at least a commercial airliner) can't fly into space, it doesn't have the ability.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2024, 23:04 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

PRW wrote:
mac33 wrote:

it seems that no.15 is the belief that if the earth was a ball, aircraft would have to constantly dips their noses downwards, ...

https://youtu.be/-Ax_YpQsy88?si=ct7r5TncfJ5fFKjW&t=484
The most important information here is that the posed assumption that aircraft don't adjust the pitch angle during flight (which is the foundation for the issue), is wrong. During a flight, aircraft do dip the nose constantly. On a typical 3 hour flight, the accumulated dip amounts to ~10°.

Tthere are numerous small and large, conscious and automatic adjustments to the "nose angle" (or pitch) of a plane during flight. It goes something like this:
  • On runway standstill, the craft is level. It accelerates to takeoff speed and then lifts the nose to 10°-15° angle, so the wings attack the air acutely and we have liftoff.
  • The craft may remain at takeoff angle or adjust to 6°-8° for better comfort, while the craft climbs to cruise altitude.
    This can take 1 - 5 minutes, depending on flight length, the type of airplane (propeller engines need to be in lower altitudes to work best, while the use of jet engines is more efficient at higher altitudes) and possibly other factors I do not know about.
  • At cruise altitude, the craft goes level (tilt/pitch as close to 0° as possible)
    In this situation, the pilot (human, or autopilot) will constantly adjust pitch, tilt and yaw of the plane to maintain course, altitude and passenger comfort. A skilled pilot will compensate minor variations caused by weather in a way which is ideally not noticeable to the passengers. This may amount to perhaps ±1° "sudden" change.
  • At descent/landing, the craft will keep a mostly horizontal angle. The speed and wing geometry is adjusted to reduce lift, so the aircraft descends.

The "sudden" (within a few seconds) variation of one degree for "weather adjustments" is barely noticeable. Angle variations to compensate for rougher weather conditions (strong gusts of wind or turbulence) are greater and more noticeable. Compared to this, the angle variation I mentioned above (10° accumulated) is very small when you distribute it in time (amounting to ~1/10th of a degree per minute) so it will not be noticeable. Even if you were so sensitive to orientation change that you were able to detect those, they would be masked by the much greater "weather variations".

Also, the "dip the nose" is not a conscious pilot effort (nor a programmed autopilot directive). The conscious pilot effort (and autopilot directive) is something towards "keep the plane level". The effect of weight distribution and aerodynamics - collectively termed "trim" - also works towards this end. The gradual, slow forward rotation ("nose dip" if you will) is consequential to this. So if you ask a pilot whether they "dip the nose" they will most likely say that they don't. Technically this is not entirely true, but for practical flying purposes they are telling the truth. They would, like the reading says, see "dip the nose" as synonumous to that youtube reading's "correct their altitude downwards", ("a pilot would [... have to ...] descend 2777 feet every minute"), which of course they don't do.

Last edited by keme on 20 Mar 2024, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2024, 20:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Looks like Chicago came up again.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2024, 18:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2024, 13:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Another fake video from orbit... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2024, 15:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Attachment:
424674419_10227786354836818_6553536171410464734_n.jpg
424674419_10227786354836818_6553536171410464734_n.jpg [ 47.74 KiB | Viewed 302 times ]

Hmmm.... Looks flat to me.. :lol:

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next