OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2015, 08:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've got a couple of domains related to table tennis (e.g. www.tabletennisexperts.com, www.tabletennis.rocks), which I've always meant to develop into websites, but I never got around to it, as I just don't have the time to do it all on my own.
Is there anyone here that's into building websites? Perhaps you might be interested in developing the site into something useful together?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 04:20 

Hi,
I have a interest.
Maybe we can use a open source blog like hugo https://github.com/spf13/hugo

regards
Joao

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 18:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I wasn't thinking of developing a website by actually writing the software... I was thinking of using existing software to build the site (something like Wordpress), and then developing the site with content, information, guides, etc. :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 21:18 

Yes, the focus is the content, information, videos, etc...

My suggestion was use Hugo because, I think Hugo is more simple and more secure then wordpress.

tks
joao

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 07:16 

I'm interested.

I've developed and built a lot of sites from the ground up (both the software and the content, but I'm talking just about the content here because the software part is easy these days).

I'm new to TT, but I've built a lot of "how to" and instructional content over the years, so I have a pretty good idea how to make appealing information that hits the intended markets: advanced, beginner, intermediate content, etc.

I have experience with video editing and filming as well.

Tibhar TEXO All | 1.8 999 Juic Elite x 2
Ross Leidy ALL Blades (x2) | 1.8BH/2.0FH Juic 999 Elite
Butterfly Amicus Pro

Erie TTCErie TTC Facebook
TSTGE5SKLSW

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 22:19 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
I am interested. ;)

I built WordPress websites in my spare times between my PhD studies, mainly for my friends that eager to sell something.

Sent from my S5G using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015, 13:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks guys!

Perhaps I'll set aside a little section, so that we can kick around some idea, and work out who can do what?

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 00:33 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Nice idea! Making websites is pretty easy these days. I don't know a lot from a technical standpoint but I have make a few websites using drag and drop templates and such.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2015, 02:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

*Sigh*

It used to be so simple in the old days. You could set up a desktop PC (in fact, the one you used for day-to-day work), download any one of a number of web server packages, fire up Notepad and set up a website. You could even learn Perl or even Cold Fusion (there was a free version called CF Express until Adobe bought CF) and set up BBS and blogs and the like. These days expectations are so much higher - backup, pretty design, pro graphics.. and what really killed it all off - security concerns. In the past the hobbyist could have a lot of fun doing things, these days the web belongs to big companies, you have to rent space on a server and pay a professional to set things up for you. Even "simple" tools like Wordpress or Joomla have a steep learning curve or don't do exactly what you want and are fraught with security concerns.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2015, 18:16 

I am interest as well. I am good in setting up wordpress, phpadmin and database.

PostPosted: 25 May 2016, 21:32 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
How cheap can you get a domain (and where from), Haggisv? Also, I'd gladly help in some of my free time!

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 25 May 2016, 23:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Domains are cheap if no-one has registered them yet, but of course all the good ones were registered many many years ago, and some sell for hundreds, thousands or even millions of dollars.... it's a huge business.
I've got a few table tennis related ones, which I either bought off someone, or someone let them expire (either intentionally or forgot to re-register), and these I'm interested to develop into something useful. I've got some ideas, but finding the time to implement something is a challenge for me...especially if you've got no training in web design so everything takes a long time :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: 26 May 2016, 00:55 
My Precious

FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
This all sounds very interesting I will be watching with great interest :up: :*: 8)

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 26 May 2016, 09:11 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Did anyone ever take over the rubber mass guide?

PostPosted: 26 May 2016, 14:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes I did, and it's still ongoing, see here:
http://tabletennis-reviews.com/referenc ... e-database