OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 07:24 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
sderyke2002 wrote:
Quote:
Mac33 -

What is your answer to the proof by Eratosthenes that the earth is round?...

keme wrote:
Quote:
How can we trust Eratosthenes?

You must know that Eratosthenes also devised an algorithm for determining prime numbers, "the sieve".

Prime numbers have a conspiracy of their own, as do number algorithms.

Conflating the two in the best anti-intellectual tradition ... and we all know that Eratosthenes' prime logic for the earth being round is full of holes like a sieve. :)

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 09:12 
Super User

Quote:
Prime numbers have a conspiracy of their own, as do number algorithms.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2018, 13:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Something Mac might want to answer here. If the Earth is a flat disc, and the sun is a lamp hanging about it and moving around in a circle, please explain why the Sun travels in a straight line (this straight line is inclined to various degrees, depending on season and latitude) from sunrise to sunset, rising from the horizon in the East and sinking below the horizon in the West. Why doesn't it curl around from the North, end up overhead, and then curl off to the North again? Why does it disappear at all??? This is something you can verify yourself, this much vaunted "personal observations" that anyone can do but Flat Earthers don't, because they're too busy watching YouTube.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2018, 16:14 
Super User

I was watching Barnwood Builders on the tv last night.

It was from Rock.City which i think is in Alabama.

It was said that from nearby Lookout Mountain ( 2400 feet) you can see 7 States!

Now were the earth a ball - it goes without saying this is impossible a million times over.

Never mind - continue to regurgitate their opinions that you been conditioned to believe at school,Uni and from the idiot box in the corner of your room.

Never research contrary evidence to what you just believe.....

http://www.seerockcity.com

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2018, 18:27 
Super User

mac33 wrote:

It was said that from nearby Lookout Mountain ( 2400 feet) you can see 7 States!

Now were the earth a ball - it goes without saying this is impossible a million times over.

Why is it impossible to see seven states from one particular spot? Nothing "impossible a million times over" with that. Australian states are much, much bigger than US states, and I can point to a number of spots where multiple states can be seen with a simple turn of the head. Perhaps a little geography education might be a good thing rather than spending all your time watching Barnwood Builders. Plus some basic geometry wouldn't hurt. Whoops! both those words have "geo" in them, so they're obviously part of the conspiracy as well!

Look at the map! You could spit in four of those states from Look Out Mountain!!! It's a miracle you can't see more than seven.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 01:24 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
mac33 wrote:

mac33 wrote:
Never mind - continue to regurgitate their opinions that you been conditioned to believe at school,Uni and from the idiot box in the corner of your room.

:rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 05:56 

Blade: Yasaka Extra Offensive
FH: Rakza Xs
BH: Mark V
mac33 wrote:

Impossible...

You are the one regurgitating without thinking.

The viewer is not limited to just the advantage of the 2400 feet provided by the Look Out Mountain altitude (which is about 60 miles). Remember all the surrounding states also have high points which rise well above the horizon and so double the distance one can see to.

http://www.lookoutmountain.com/images/u ... states.jpg

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2018, 07:53 
Super User

sderyke2002 wrote:
The viewer is not limited to just the advantage of the 2400 feet provided by the Look Out Mountain altitude (which is about 60 miles). Remember all the surrounding states also have high points which rise well above the horizon and so double the distance one can see to.

I have to say how much I enjoy your common sense ripostes to the youtube regurgitating flat-earther. It's a pity common sense is so uncommon.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2018, 04:11 
Super User

What is truth anyway? The truth is the essence of something, its natural state, something as it really is. It is really a quest for love, because to truly love something we must know it for what it really is. Perhaps we can sense in an unconscious way that there is a deeper truth to everything and everyone, and we are led to search for the truth about it, so that we can truly love it for what it really is.

- Joe Quinn

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 01:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Mac, you still haven't told us why the sun travels in a straight line across the sky from East to West instead of swinging around to the North.

Whatever YOU think the truth is, the Earth is a spinning sphere - what you THINK doesn't change facts - facts don't depend on what you think... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 03:23 
Super User

If you believe everything I say, I don’t trust you. More importantly, you shouldn’t trust yourself or your own opinion on this until you’ve researched fully for yourself......to the eighth degree.

Regurgitating their science is not enough - know thyself...

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 04:54 

Blade: Yasaka Extra Offensive
FH: Rakza Xs
BH: Mark V
mac33 wrote:
If you believe everything I say, I don’t trust you. More importantly, you shouldn’t trust yourself or your own opinion on this until you’ve researched fully for yourself......to the eighth degree.

Regurgitating their science is not enough - know thyself...

What does it even mean to know something to the eighth degree? Is this supposed to be some vague unsupported idea that you don't claim to know anything until you have proven it yourself? If so, it is no wonder you are so far behind everyone else.

If each individual person has to prove and derive everything over and over for themselves it will slow progress down to a crawl. And for many the process will be far too hard to accomplish in a dozen lifetimes and they will be left out of the ascent of man.

There is a reason the greats have always claimed to see further because they stood on the shoulders of giants. They gave credit to others instead of conceitedly placing themselves at the center of all knowledge (rejecting anything they did not see for themselves as being false). We cannot all travel to Russia to confirm the capital to be Moscow, but we can assuredly all know that the capital is indeed Moscow.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 11:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:

Oh yeah? And how much of this have you actually done rather than watch more YouTube videos? 1) You still haven't replied to my assertion that a 12" ruler bent by .009" looks pretty darned flat. 2) You can easily observe yourself that the sun moves in a straight line across the sky AND DISSAPEARS BEHIND THE HORIZON AT SUNSET. Seems like you don't believe your own eyes. So much for "researching fully" - it's all platitudes. "Eighth Degree" doesn't mean eight YouTube videos.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 18:08 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

iskandar taib wrote:
mac33 wrote:

Oh yeah? And how much of this have you actually done rather than watch more YouTube videos? 1) You still haven't replied to my assertion that a 12" ruler bent by .009" looks pretty darned flat. 2) You can easily observe yourself that the sun moves in a straight line across the sky AND DISSAPEARS BEHIND THE HORIZON AT SUNSET. Seems like you don't believe your own eyes. So much for "researching fully" - it's all platitudes. "Eighth Degree" doesn't mean eight YouTube videos.

Iskandar

Wouldn’t you rather stick pins or broken glass in your eyes than to argue with this ignoramous?

This thread beggars belief, it’s rather like arguing with a child whose brain is not yet developed!

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 19:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Oh, it has its moments, but I know what you mean... :lol:

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 64  Next