OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Sep 2017, 00:42


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 03:42 
Offline
Count Darkula
Count Darkula
User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:07
Posts: 17391
Location: Dark side of Australia!!
Has thanked: 386 times
Been thanked: 260 times
Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
birchamboi wrote:
keme wrote:
Promised myself I wouldn't post here again. Oh, well...

Keme, you know as well as I do that mac33 has absolutely no interest in either science or the truth. He's a conspiracy theorist not a rational human being.

I'm not sure why this thread hasn't been removed. According to the forum rules:
Quote:
F. Things Not to Do

3. "Trolling". Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned. Basically, don't try to pick fights. Knowingly posting false information is also prohibited.


As a moderator here Birchamboi, I would say this thread actually does not breach these rules. Given the thread is in the lounge it can be given some leeway, given Mac seems to believe these theories, I don't think his intention is to cause negative reactions. I've seen a lot of intentional fights picked on the forum over many years, I would not class this in with them. Mac is entitled to his opinion, as we all are. The thread, IMO, is and has been quite entertaining and interesting to see the world through other people's eyes, no matter how errant that may seem to be. I have closed threads because they have become too heated. I have deleted posts that have been inappropriate. This thread has received the same scrutiny and if in my or any other moderators opinion that it was turning disastrous, it would get the same treatment. However, it hasn't quite overstepped that boundary. It gets revived now and then by someone making a new post, but then it falls back into the background as interests move on. It's one of those threads that you can simply overlook if you dislike its content.

_________________
I'm always in the dark, but the Dark sheds lights upon everything!! :twisted: Beauty is only pimple deep! Beauty is in the eye of the pipholder!
S/U 1: Blade: Bty Gergely . FH Black Andro Rasant 2.1 . BH Red Tibhar Grass Dtecs
S/U 2: Blade: Bty Gergely . FH Black Hexer+ 2.1 . BH Red GD Talon
S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 05:31 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5956
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 701 times
I agree. Mac has a right to post this stuff, he's not out to provoke or troll us. As crackpottish as his arguments are, and as narrow-minded as they appear to be, there's no reason to prevent him from posting them. Doesn't mean we can't argue back or point out the huge, gaping holes in his logic and the reams of obvious evidence he chooses to ignore. Every once in a while he feels the urge to bring the thread up to get peoples' attention, nothing wrong with that if he posts something substantial rather than just typing "Bump" like some people are wont to do.

Now.. I am curious about these "flight paths between southern continents", that seems to be a new one... :lol: How would these differ from "flight paths between northern continents", one wonders.

(You think Mac's bad - ever come across "Young Earth" people? :lol: )

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 05:45 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 02:57
Posts: 618
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 15 times
A lame,almost pathetic excuse to stifle the truth.....


Anyway,there's a rather long railway line in China,longest in the world I believe over the sea.

Is there bend built in to the steel railway line?

If not,how is the railway line able to follow the supposed curve of the earth?

Put a laser across across the railway line at different points and if it's shows the line is flat,well I believe we have concrete proof their ball earth theory is a lie.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 06:54 
Offline
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2008, 09:04
Posts: 2037
Location: Lancashire
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 229 times
Blade: Magic: Wand
FH: Confusion
BH: Paranoia
Will someone please pay to send mac33 in to space. mac33 can then take a look for themself at the earth from "up there" and report back if it's round or not.

Now if only we can confirm if all new plastic balls are round....

click.. click... click.... click.....

_________________
Nominate your personal rubber name - New "OOAK LARF" out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 07:31 
Offline
Call me Shrek!
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2011, 12:38
Posts: 895
Location: California, USA
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 57 times
Blade: Hallmark Ultra
FH: Tenergy 05 FX max
BH: Rakza 7 Soft max
Debater wrote:
Will someone please pay to send mac33 in to space. mac33 can then take a look for themself at the earth from "up there" and report back if it's round or not.

Now if only we can confirm if all new plastic balls are round....

click.. click... click.... click.....

I thought about suggesting this - taking a collection - and even paying double for a one way ticket... :lol:
only joking, mac! You know you're special....
and to confirm... mac is not out to troll here...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 13:04 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5956
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 701 times
mac33 wrote:
A lame,almost pathetic excuse to stifle the truth.....


Anyway,there's a rather long railway line in China,longest in the world I believe over the sea.

Is there bend built in to the steel railway line?

If not,how is the railway line able to follow the supposed curve of the earth?

Put a laser across across the railway line at different points and if it's shows the line is flat,well I believe we have concrete proof their ball earth theory is a lie.



Yes, of course there's a "bend". Try this laser experiment yourself, you'll see it's true. Quite easy to demonstrate with a telescope, too - just watch a train going away from you, it'll sink slowly into the ground until it disappears when it's about 12 miles away.

I don't see what your point is - just because the railway line exists doesn't mean the earth is flat. I'm sure the engineers working on the project all agree that the earth is a sphere. And you still haven't explained what the deal is about flights "between southern continents".

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 15:14 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 02:57
Posts: 618
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 15 times
Some of the flight paths in the Southern Hemisphere make no sense on their ball earth map.

Johannesburg to Perth via Dubai.

So you are 'sure' the engineers building the bridge and the railway line built curve in to both.

I am not aware of any railway line EVER being built with curvature built in to the steel runners the train is connected to.

How long is each steel section of line and how much curvature is built into it?

Do you have any links?

Get on the bridge and put a laser across it at different points and of course it will show the bridge is absolutely dead flat.

Or put a ruler across the bridge a few inches from your eyes from the shore and look as far as you can to the left and right and the bridge like never drop below the horizon - showing the bridge is built completely flat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 16:45 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5956
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 701 times
mac33 wrote:
Some of the flight paths in the Southern Hemisphere make no sense on their ball earth map.

Johannesburg to Perth via Dubai.

So you are 'sure' the engineers building the bridge and the railway line built curve in to both.

I am not aware of any railway line EVER being built with curvature built in to the steel runners the train is connected to.

How long is each steel section of line and how much curvature is built into it?

Do you have any links?

Get on the bridge and put a laser across it at different points and of course it will show the bridge is absolutely dead flat.

Or put a ruler across the bridge a few inches from your eyes from the shore and look as far as you can to the left and right and the bridge like never drop below the horizon - showing the bridge is built completely flat.


You sure Johannesburg-Dubai-Perth makes sense on a flat Earth?

Of course the tracks have a built in curve, they're parallel to the ground, aren't they? The ground is curved. No need for fancy plans, that's the way it works out. A ten year old could probably figure this out themselves.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 19:02 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 02:57
Posts: 618
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 15 times
You mean parallel to the sea. The bridge,the longest in the world I believe is built over the sea.

How do you know the tracks are curved to take account for the supposed curvature of the earth?

Again,do you have any links to how they make these steel railway line sections with built in curve to take account for the supposed curvature of the earth?

And how much curve is built in to each section?



P.S - I know there's no curve built in to these tracks as there's no need!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 19:39 
Offline
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop
User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2011, 08:20
Posts: 1347
Location: Egersund, Norway
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 135 times
mac33 wrote:
Some of the flight paths in the Southern Hemisphere make no sense on their ball earth map.

Johannesburg to Perth via Dubai.
Assessments for combining flight paths are not governed solely by simple geometry of single journeys. There are factors such as crew and vessel scheduling, amount of passengers going the full trip vs. those only going halfway, meteorology (e.g. jet streams) and red tape (in the case mentioned it may be restrictions on cabotage within the Commonwealth of Nations). You may dismiss this as non-sense. The airline companies don't.
mac33 wrote:
So you are 'sure' the engineers building the bridge and the railway line built curve in to both.
Yes they did, sort of. The earth curvature is not the most important factor. In fact, it is so tiny that most likely gravity will take care of any required bending. See also below.
mac33 wrote:
I am not aware of any railway line EVER being built with curvature built in to the steel runners the train is connected to.
Then you did not do any research. See below.
mac33 wrote:
How long is each steel section of line and how much curvature is built into it?

Do you have any links?
Perhaps not on that particular line in China. General guidelines for rail curvature are freely available. Curving to adapt to topographical variation is much greater than what is required to follow earth curvature. Lateral curves can be rather sharp. Vertical curves (at the foot and crest of traversed hills) mostly go unnoticed, but they are also real. For high speed railways the minimum vertical curve radius is in some cases as much as 56 km. This is still less than 1% of the earth's average radius.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_r ... cal_curves
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_lengths
For 100m rail sections, ordinary vertical curves with a 10 km radius would require bending to a 0,5m offset. The curvature of the earth would require bending to offset approx. 1mm.
mac33 wrote:
Get on the bridge and put a laser across it at different points and of course it will show the bridge is absolutely dead flat.
If you have conditions that ensure a perfectly straight laser beam, and measuring devices with sufficient resolution, it will show that the bridge is absolutely curved.
mac33 wrote:
Or put a ruler across the bridge a few inches from your eyes from the shore and look as far as you can to the left and right and the bridge like never drop below the horizon - showing the bridge is built completely flat.
And this is an experience you have first hand? Look again!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 19:44 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 23:45
Posts: 218
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Blade: ITC Premier XF
FH: Tibhar Hybrid K1+
BH: Andro Rasanter V42
mac33 wrote:
You mean parallel to the sea. The bridge,the longest in the world I believe is built over the sea.

How do you know the tracks are curved to take account for the supposed curvature of the earth?

Again,do you have any links to how they make these steel railway line sections with built in curve to take account for the supposed curvature of the earth?

And how much curve is built in to each section?



P.S - I know there's no curve built in to these tracks as there's no need!


Mate, you're the one proposing that this railway line shows a flat earth. The burden to prove that it does is on you, no one else. If the current situation is that everyone is proposing possible alternative guesses to your guess then you have nothing.

Ultimately, the earth is very, very big in relation to the railway line. And it isn't a perfect sphere - there are many areas where the ground goes up, and down, or stays relatively "flat" for long distances. Your reasoning is incredibly juvenile if you think that this will convince anyone.

I used to think that this sort of denial of the real world served some kind of purpose - a devil's advocate position that would test debate and evidence. Not any more - in my experience, dig deep enough into any flat earther and you hit a bedrock of dogma. It could be religious, it could be social (conspiracy theorist), or some other form of extreme belief system that leads to a chain of denial of really basic concepts. Flat earth is a classic of course - to stay the course a believer must end up denying gravity, must insist on a worldwide conspiracy of breathtaking complexity and scope, must ignore diffraction of light, and so on. It becomes so obscure and absurd that it's hard to wring any value from debate, and time is wasted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 19:59 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 02:57
Posts: 618
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 15 times
Yes there are many peaks and troughs ( below sea level) on this earth,but that argument doesn't hold water with this bridge,as it's over water.

Unless of course you're maintaining there is a flat spot over the sea where that bridge is situated?

If so,how come the flat spot doesn't show up on our globes in school,libraries etc?

Conspiracy is a part of everyday life,it happens a thousand times each and every day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 21:20 
Offline
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop
User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2011, 08:20
Posts: 1347
Location: Egersund, Norway
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 135 times
mac33 wrote:
Yes there are many peaks and troughs ( below sea level) on this earth,but that argument doesn't hold water with this bridge,as it's over water.
It still holds water, because it is not intended to give evidence that there may be flat spots on a curved earth, but rather to give evidence that there are indeed curved rails (which you claimed does not exist) and also to demonstrate that curvature 100 times tighter that that of the earth will sometimes pass unnoticed.
Unless of course you're maintaining there is a flat spot over the sea where that bridge is situated?[/quote]Not at all.
mac33 wrote:
If so,how come the flat spot doesn't show up on our globes in school,libraries etc?

Conspiracy is a part of everyday life,it happens a thousand times each and every day.
Which proves what exactly?

Water is also a part of everyday life. Does this fact prove that our everyday automobiles are propelled by water? (In some countries where hydropower is a main source of electricity, the latter is technically a fact, to some degree. The former still does not constitute proof...)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 22:30 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 23:45
Posts: 218
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Blade: ITC Premier XF
FH: Tibhar Hybrid K1+
BH: Andro Rasanter V42
There are some people who insist on seeing conspiracy everywhere. I feel sorry for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 23:15 
Offline
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2007, 12:57
Posts: 5410
Location: USA
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 114 times
When the sun comes up on a flat earth, it would come up everywhere at the same time. Funny it does not work here. :rofl:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: