OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 16:41 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
mac33 wrote:
How mant times do I have to state the obvious?

The helicopter dropped below the horizon on the video from a claimed distance of 6 miles.....but......we can see small boats etc from a much greater distance away through a telescope etc.

Therefore,their claim that the helicopter dropped below the horizon is patently false.

The video was in some way edited by Stephen Hawkins and his team to fool the masses that curvature exists.

Mac, I've gone back and watched the vid again. There are no boats seen further away than the helicopter. There's one that passes the telescope's foreground view, but its closer than the helicopter. If you mean you can see small boats further distances away with YOUR telescope, let's see the footage and the height of eye and distance away they are.

I like the way you claim they edited the video, but can't explain how they would do that that makes sense to seeing the helicopter drop below the horizon gradually.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 19:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

He'd have to prove the boats were far away, which I don't think he has the ability to do. Actually, I'd like to see his photographs of the Chicago skyline he keeps talking about, together with proof they weren't taken from the top of a sand dune (I've been the Dunes in Nothern Indiana, you'll be at about 30 feet elevation if you're standing up there on one of them), together with GPS coordinates to prove he was as far away as he says he was. One of the flat earth debunking websites pointed out that the distance from the Dunes Lakeshore to Chicago is a lot shorter than the Flat Earthers claim. There's always refraction, too - I'd want to see photos taken at different times of the year to rule that out.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 09:00 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
The amazing thing about this thread is that even Ptolemy's model of a geocentric universe assumed a round Earth. That is, flat eartherism was already proven to be nonsense back when geocentrism was in vogue.

Digression: Stephen Baxter's novel "Titan" is set in a near future where a fundamentalist US President has mandated the Ptolemaic system be taught in schools because of the doctrine of Biblical inerrancy (a clear dig at the creationist movement). Refusal to accept evidence leads us down crazy paths.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 17:31 
Super User

Acceptance of their 'science' leads us down crazy paths - to tyranny.

Here is a short 4 minute clip.

Dr Russell Blaylock talked about the chemical dumbing down of society - we see it here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=elKS0DEytHw

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 18:09 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
Actually, going down crazy paths, like those favoured by this antivax, antifluoridation, chemtrails-believing authority you cite, isn't evidence of science or tyranny. Usually, crazy is just crazy.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 18:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

hangdog wrote:
The amazing thing about this thread is that even Ptolemy's model of a geocentric universe assumed a round Earth. That is, flat eartherism was already proven to be nonsense back when geocentrism was in vogue.

Speaking of which:

I posted this elsewhere, but it's quite relevant here. "Cristopher Columbus" (er, Cristobal Colon) waving that orange around was pretty funny.

Iskandar

Last edited by iskandar taib on 04 Dec 2016, 02:13, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 23:51 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I don't know why it is the Flat Earth proponents always say there is only one photo of the earth from space taken during the Apollo missions when there is actually a plethora of pictures on flicker. I guess it makes it sound good to add to the Flat Earth and No Moon Mission theories, and the casual reader doesn't go off trying to find anything. But I was rather impressed by everything here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectap ... 9051355812

Inside this one from the Apollo 11 mission there is a stack of earth pics : https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectap ... 9051355812

The snapshot below is an example of one of the many and it doesn't appear to be the nice photoshopped variety the flat earthers always holler about

Attachments:
Snap_2016.12.04 01.05.46_003.png
Snap_2016.12.04 01.05.46_003.png [ 199.26 KiB | Viewed 2161 times ]

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016, 01:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, back then it was real cameras with real film, too. At least for the stills.

hangdog wrote:
Actually, going down crazy paths, like those favoured by this antivax, antifluoridation, chemtrails-believing authority you cite, isn't evidence of science or tyranny. Usually, crazy is just crazy.

Not to mention dangerous. If these folks get their way we'll see cavities and smallpox come back with a vengeance.

In today's news:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/us/pi ... welch.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2016, 05:57 
Super User

Here's a couple of beautiful songs - must listen!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nV1kRNGgw-8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9ob8q0Elc

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 04:55 
Super User

Information overload......

Both sides are presented - you decide.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yIuLU8asI-8

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 11:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Another "interesting song".

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 17:54 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

iskandar taib wrote:
Another "interesting song".

Iskandar

I think the Flat Earthers may have encountered the things he was singing about :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 01:06 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, Tom Lehrer was a big member of the vast conspiracy (and I mean it was VAST - it involved anyone with any sort of science background) to keep people thinking the Earth was round. He was in the army, and when he got out he joined the Radioactive Reserve. The name "Lehrer" is also a code name - it means "Teacher" in German. That song's full of coded messages - for instance, pollution was a fiction invented by the Soviet Union to make the US weaker, and was spread by the pinkos who infiltrated government by way of the EPA. To "rinse your mouth with industrial waste" was code for water fluoridation, note that it follows right after "toothpaste" to which they were adding fluoride back then. There's a hidden subliminal message on the Psi-Upsilon Frequency throughout the song that says "It's round, it's round, geddoverrit".

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 16:25 
Super User

Is the above supposed to mock those that believe there is a worldwide conspiracy? Sure reads like it.

Conspiracy happens everyday in life - but it could never be organised by those in Gov?

Manhatten Project was kept secret for a long time as have many other 'projects'.

Fool me once - shame on you.

Fool me twice - shame on me.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 17:46 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Mac, I have no doubt there are conspiracies carried out all over the world in all sorts of ways. But that does not mean EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. When you get to the stage that you don't believe ANY evidence that challenges your beliefs that a conspiracy exists then you have locked yourself into something whether it be true or not. Honestly, I keep an open mind to just about everything. I can see why you believe the Earth is flat....when I see the pieces of evidence you believe to confirm it AND when I see you ignoring all evidence to the contrary. And just because there are conspiracies going on a lot of the time, it doesn't automatically serve as evidence that a conspiracy was created to say the earth is a globe. There are way too many unanswered questions that the FLAT EARTHERS just conveniently ignore (as you've done yourself in this thread) that go to suggest the earth is not flat. And while the Flat Earth people love to accuse governments of only having CGI pictures of the globe, they have not shown the earth in its entirety with anything but...guess what?...CGI pictures and animations!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 64  Next