OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 07:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 11:53 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Definitely not flat...

Attachments:
4624FD8B-0770-4FE0-9D03-BD4CB074F863.jpeg
4624FD8B-0770-4FE0-9D03-BD4CB074F863.jpeg [ 114.07 KiB | Viewed 1996 times ]

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 18:03 
Super User

All our observations tell us it's flat.

When you look at a river or lake - it's flat as a tack right.

The sea, the ocean - again,flat as a tack.

Put a straight ruler across the horizon and look as far to the left and right as you can - you guessed it,flat as a tack.

Put a laser across water and again - flat as a tack.

All these are self evident truths.

Not one of their theories that point to it being a sphere are self evident - so we just have to take their word for it over our own observations. Our senses also tell us it's stationary too.

Trust science,their 'science' or your own commonsense / observations and senses?

911 proves they have 'science'in their back pocket. JFK alluded to this in his speech he gave us about secret societies - he included the word scientific in his description of the branches of Govt that were part of the conspiracy. That speech was very likely the reason he was shot.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 18:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Sorry, this is irrelevant. Again. It doesn't bear repeating that, to a bacterium, a table tennis ball looks flat. It's been said a thousand times already.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 21:47 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Sorry, this is irrelevant. Again. It doesn't bear repeating that, to a bacterium, a table tennis ball looks flat. It's been said a thousand times already.

Iskandar

What fascinates me most is the breathtaking scale of the stupidity of people who think the world is flat. For them to be right, the necessary conspiracy would have to include hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people all prepared to collude in maintaining the fiction that the world is a globe. Every aeroplane pilot, every geophysicist, every mathematician, every politician, every historian, every geographer - they would all have to be signed up and not just those in the here and now. People have been proving the world is round for millennia! This is not a recent phenomenon with a quick cover up. The sheer scale of what would have to have been happening is beyond belief. Einstein would have to have been in on it. Hawking. Newton. Columbus. All the cartographers of the great period of exploration and colonialism.

Sorry, but the relatively few people who insist against all reasonable evidence that the world is flat really do have to be dismissed as either idiots or people with mental health issues.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 23:06 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
birchamboi wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

What fascinates me most is the breathtaking scale of the stupidity of people who think the world is flat. For them to be right, the necessary conspiracy would have to include hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people all prepared to collude in maintaining the fiction that the world is a globe. Every aeroplane pilot, every geophysicist, every mathematician, every politician, every historian, every geographer - they would all have to be signed up and not just those in the here and now. People have been proving the world is round for millennia! This is not a recent phenomenon with a quick cover up. The sheer scale of what would have to have been happening is beyond belief. Einstein would have to have been in on it. Hawking. Newton. Columbus. All the cartographers of the great period of exploration and colonialism.

Sorry, but the relatively few people who insist against all reasonable evidence that the world is flat really do have to be dismissed as either idiots or people with mental health issues.

Exactly. And not only would all of these people have to be part of the conspiracy, they'd have to be extremely good actors and liars to constantly be perpetuating the spherical earth "lie" in both formal and casual conversations. We are talking about BILLIONS of people scattered around the world who's jobs are directly related to first hand knowledge of a spherical planet.

Even if you believed that science is the product of a millennium of conspiracy...
Logistically, it's just impossible to have global buy-in from people who would know (Pilots, astronauts, military, scientists, geologists, geographers, etc.) My uncle is a pilot. He's flown around the world...quite a lot. The conspiracy would require that he'd be indoctrinated into the conspiracy, lest he fly off the edge of the planet.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 09:04 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
You can't trust anyone. Looks like the Australian Government is in on it. Wasting my taxes on manipulating satellite images to deceive me. Every half hour.

Attachment:
Australian Government meteorology.jpg
Australian Government meteorology.jpg [ 127.12 KiB | Viewed 1944 times ]

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 10:52 
Super User

Dusty054 wrote:
You can't trust anyone. Looks like the Australian Government is in on it. Wasting my taxes on manipulating satellite images to deceive me. Every half hour.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 15:57 
Super User

Watch her reaction at exactly 26.06. Pure gold.

Watch from from 25.30 to 26.30 - the girl on the right finally gets 'it'.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKp ... _bE9PEfSa4

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 18:41 
Super User

mac33 wrote:
Watch her reaction at exactly 26.06. Pure gold.

Watch from from 25.30 to 26.30 - the girl on the right finally gets 'it'.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKp ... _bE9PEfSa4

I'm not quite sure why you think watching some thick Glaswegian "get 'it'" would be convincing. Surely you're not suggesting that someone standing on a street corner is some kind of evidence of whatever it is you're trying to pedal. I've seen lots and lots of examples of people on street corners believing all sorts of nonsense, from simple magic tricks to Falun Gong's claims of organ harvesting. Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons make a full time profession out of converting people - it doesn't make them right, and not at all convincing for anyone with half a brain.

Tell us again: why do you post this stuff? Are you trying to convert us?

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 22:31 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
All our observations tell us it's flat.
When you look at a river or lake - it's flat as a tack right.
The sea, the ocean - again,flat as a tack.
Put a straight ruler across the horizon and look as far to the left and right as you can - you guessed it,flat as a tack.
Put a laser across water and again - flat as a tack.

I'd say the average water surface is actually flatter than your regular tack. Consider ...

Then of course there is the proper thumb tack.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 00:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

birchamboi wrote:

Unfortunately, this fits their world view. When you think everyone else out there is being "controlled", you can begin to believe in all sorts of weird stuff. The term "paranoid schizophrenia" (or maybe schizophrenic paranoia) applies pretty well. The flat earthers are relatively harmless as far as conspiracy nuts go, there are others who are far more numerous and far more destructive, such as the anti-vaxxers and the "white identity" bunch. They share the same world view.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 May 2018, 00:09 
Super User

Oh, how proud I am to live in Australia! Last year we hosted: https://www.cnet.com/news/the-bizarre-tale-of-the-australia-flat-earth-convention-that-fell-apart/#ftag=CAD-09-10aai5b

If Tigger gets his act together, I'm off to Bondi in December. And looking forward to catching with all of you then!

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 02:03 
Super User

I cite this video as evidence of their lies.

24 foot drop over 6 miles is consistent with the 8 inch per mile squared formula but,give me a break,were the lake to drop by any distance then that's the way the lake would flow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVa2UmgdT ... K6bEJfeFjA

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 06:32 
Super User

And this.....

http://www.galzu.info/public/pdf/the-fl ... piracy.pdf

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 15:39 
Super User

mac33 wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 64  Next