OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2018, 11:59 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
The latest in YouTube conspiracy idiocy. I just couldn't believe ANYONE would believe this one, yet there are people dumb enough to believe it's true. Just absolute sheer idiocy. Check out the comments section.

Iskandar

A selection to demonstrate that sanity prevails.
Quote:
So basically the refuelling truck drivers are the kingpins to one of the largest conspiracies on earth. Guys, this is stupid.
Quote:
My first reaction was anger for the deception you peddle. Then I settled on pity. It must be tough to be a paranoid freak.
Quote:
If anyone believes this then there is no hope for humanity.
Quote:
This is why Trump is our President. Too many people believe journalism like this.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 11:18 
Super User

I live in a country that doesn't exist (Australia) and am lucky enough to be far enough south for aurora viewing to be possible. (Aurora Australis, that is; not the northern one.) I'm part of an aurora watch group, and I've been looking at lots and lots of aurora photos and videos, and it's started me wondering how on earth flat-earthers explain this phenomenon. Then, of course, there is the deeply disturbing videos supposedly from space (which doesn't exist) showing auroras over a spherical earth (which also doesn't exist).

So, mac33 please explain this again for me:

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 13:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That's pretty darned cool. Not only can you see the curve of the Earth, you can see the upper limit of what I think is the ionosphere and you can see the lines of flux along which the aurorae travel. Of course, you can't see the stars, you can't see the 20,000 satellites and you'd see that the solar panels are 1/3 the size of the Earth.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 21:21 
Super User

From a claimed ISS,lol.

If i show you a picture or video of the Loch Ness Monster,it is gospel too.

A cup filled with water on a plane - it should not sit level,short of the seats sitting upright. Remember 4000 MILES OF DROP FROM THE NORTH POLE TO THE EQUATOR - 12 HOURS FLIGHT TRAVELLING 500 MPH. And yet take a spirit level on a plane and the plane travels flat.

The argument that the earth is simply too big to see the claimed curvature of the earth is laughable too. Even more so from 35000 feet up on a plane.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2018, 02:51 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
A cup filled with water on a plane - it should not sit level,short of the seats sitting upright. Remember 4000 MILES OF DROP FROM THE NORTH POLE TO THE EQUATOR - 12 HOURS FLIGHT TRAVELLING 500 MPH. And yet take a spirit level on a plane and the plane travels flat.

This is really ironic, since there are Flat Earth videos that claim we should all be swept off our feet by the wind since the Earth is suppose to be spinning "at 1000 mph" (sic). And there are others that claim that the horizon at 35,000 feet should "rise to eye level", meaning when you sight along the bubble level it lines up with the horizon. Want me to post videos debunking these two points? They aren't hard to find.

Quote:
The argument that the earth is simply too big to see the claimed curvature of the earth is laughable too. Even more so from 35000 feet up on a plane.

Mac, I'll HAVE to assume you've never actually been in a plane flying at 35,000 feet. Otherwise you wouldn't be saying this. Or maybe you think its those plane windows that cause the horizon to bend.

And you STILL haven't explained why the sun dips below the horizon at sunset. If the Earth were a flat disc the sun would curve around to the north and NEVER set. No, buying a Nikon P900 (or even a P1000) won't "bring the sun back".

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2018, 23:33 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
mac33 wrote:
From a claimed ISS,lol. .

Claim? You can see it with the naked eye. Or get yourself a telescope for a better view.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2018, 09:22 
Super User

Dusty054 wrote:
mac33 wrote:
From a claimed ISS,lol. .

Claim? You can see it with the naked eye. Or get yourself a telescope for a better view.

Yup, I've seen it any number of times - with the naked eye. It's important that we believe what we see, isn't it mac?

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2018, 11:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Naah… He won't admit he can't see the curved horizon on the surface because it curves much less than he can see, so of course he's never going to believe what he sees if ever he sees the ISS... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 02:18 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

What Mac has refused to explain.

This shows that the sun would NEVER set on a flat earth. It would just circle around to the North.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 06:46 

BH: straight
Great video of Glasgow Celtic footballer being asked about flat earth and bendy water!Brilliant.

http://footballburp.com/stories/video-m ... -theories/

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 16:33 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
What Mac has refused to explain.

This shows that the sun would NEVER set on a flat earth. It would just circle around to the North.

Iskandar

The other thing I'd love to hear a flat-earther try to explain is where the points of the compass are on a flat earth. In the real world, if I travel east or west, I finish up back home. But on a flat earth where do I go? Surely I finish up bumping into the ice wall?

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 16:51 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

gradge wrote:
Great video of Glasgow Celtic footballer being asked about flat earth and bendy water!Brilliant.

http://footballburp.com/stories/video-m ... -theories/

Turns out it's on Youtube.

For some reason there seem to be a disproportionate number of flat earth "sheep" (as someone put it earlier) in Scotland. Seem to be making nuisances of themselves, too - kinda like Moonies or Hare Krishnas. Sort of a cult. We see the same thing here - Mac started this thread because he wanted to "spread the word". I must admit, I didn't really think much of it at first, but having watched quite a few videos it's quite entertaining how dumb the arguments they make are. Bendy water indeed. But they believe it all because they're brainwashed - there's no other explanation for it.

Here's someone who managed to escape the brainwashing:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2018, 12:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This was SUCH an interesting video I had to post it. Why here? There's some vintage footage from 1946, shot from a V2 rocket on 16mm Kodak Super XX movie film (I actually have a couple of rolls of that in the fridge - maybe I'll load them into cartridges one day and shoot B&W again..), that clearly shows the curved horizon as seen from space. Lots of other great footage, too, including the stage separation from Apollo 4 (you can see the curved horizon here, too). Of course, this was all shot in the studio... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 23:34 
Super User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh7v08H ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2018, 01:39 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Let me help out Mac here. Apparently he STILL doesn't know how to inline a video. Why is that? Maybe because knowledge is evil, even knowledge about how to inline videos, and it's best NOT to learn? That seems to be the Flat Earth approach to science. For instance, equations are evil, therefore they are to be avoided as much as possible. Best not to understand, lest you get sucked in by NASA's lies.. :lol:

Still waiting for my answer. Why doesn't the sun circle around to the North if the Earth is flat??? Here near the equator, on the equinox it rises due East, climbs STRAIGHT UP, then plunges again straight down in the West. Anyone can make this observation, NASA obviously isn't paying the sun to do it.

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 64  Next