OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 65  Next
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 21:18 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
mac33 wrote:
Bottom line reborn - do you believe a helicopter at that 6 mile distance would drop below the horizon?

A yes / no answer thanks

Seems unlikely over 6 miles the helicopter should disappear below the horizon. It clearly does in the video. I don't think they doctored the video, I think they just embellished how far away the helicopter was. That was a powerful telescope they were using. Not sure the settings they had going on it, but it is well capable of showing the helicopter when its way farther than 6 miles away.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 23:14 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

So the helicopter DID disappear?? So Mac would be wrong in either case and the Earth is a sphere. Even if his 24 feet were correct, which it isn't.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 00:13 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

iskandar taib wrote:
So the helicopter DID disappear?? So Mac would be wrong in either case and the Earth is a sphere. Even if his 24 feet were correct, which it isn't.

Iskandar

Yep, the helicopter definitely went below the horizon being viewed through the telescope. Using the earth curve calculator, I'm going to say the helicopter was probably around 8-10 miles or more away. Cos with the telescope around 3 feet off the ground, it'd take at least that distance to hide it beneath the earths curve :up: 8)

On another note of potential conspiracy, I am interested in how Stephen Hawking could still possibly be alive.

According to wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyotroph ... _sclerosis) the disease he contracted in 1963 called ALS (a form of motor neuron disease), which kills most sufferers in 2-4 years, sees him still alive 53 years later?? It seems implausible, and the US government using someone to "play" his part (suggested in many youtube videos) as an endearing role model leader in science does seem plausible. What do you have to say on that one Mac?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 00:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ok, so if the helicopter went below the horizon what is Mac arguing about then? It is exactly what would happen if the Earth were a sphere. What sort of answer does he want from us? If we admit that there is this 24 foot drop like he says there is, he's still wrong because that would explain why the helicopter disappeared. On the other hand it's the sort of fuzzy logic one might expect from someone who believes all these weird conspiracy theories - they would be inconsistent with everyday experience otherwise.

About Stephen Hawking - I'm pretty sure he's alive and er, kicking. While it would be easy to fool a bunch of uncritically thinking conspiracy mongers with an actor (Eddie Redmayne, anyone? :lol: ), it would be terribly difficult to fool his colleagues, his students, his co-authors, his reviewers - these are all very sharp people (quantum physicists tend to be so) who know him personally and have personal contact with him, and there are a LOT of them. (Of course, people like Mac might say they're all in on it... :lol: ) Besides, what does the US Government have to do with it, he's British and lives in Cambridge.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 08:07 
Super User

What i am on about is - if you focus in on a small boat from 6 to 10 miles away with a telescope you will be able to see it!

This is primary one stuff.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 12:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I see.... :lol: Sure the boat isn't just two miles out? And what's the deal with the 24 feet and whether or not we see the helicopter, and Stephen Hawking? Are we supposed to see the helicopter or are we not supposed to see the helicopter? If we see the helicopter, how does that prove the Earth is not round, and as the helicopter did disappear why does that prove the earth isn't round? No logic.

iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 15:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Guess who narrates this video:

:lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 16:27 
Super User

The helicopter dropping below the horizon proves the experiment was a con.

Obviously part of the indoctrination of humanity in to believing we live on a ball.

How anyone can still trust their 'science' after watching the clip is beyond me.

We live on a flat,stationary plain - its just so obvious.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 16:52 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Love the vid Isk, but I'm pretty sure that's not "Stephen Hawking"'s voice. But it just goes to show how easy it is to mimic.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 19:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:

Obviously part of the indoctrination of humanity in to believing we live on a ball.

Ah I see. Apparently there's no way to prove that the Earth is a sphere because even when the evidence is plain to the eye it's a "con". Great logic there, Mac. I guess this applies to everything - circumnavigation, the curved horizon one sees when taking a ride on a jet liner, the fact that ships hulls disappear before their sails and masts do as they go over the horizon, many of these, by the way, things you can experience yourself, with your own eyes... they're all obviously cons. Your proof that they're cons? One shrill, bizarre, unwatchable video posted on YouTube that's full of factual inaccuracies and bad calculations. Way to go. Yes, indeed, there's a CON - the EARTH is conning you. It wants you to think it's a sphere.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 19:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Love the vid Isk, but I'm pretty sure that's not "Stephen Hawking"'s voice. But it just goes to show how easy it is to mimic.

I don't think they're mimicking his voice at all, they're just using the same voice-generating software. :lol: Bizarre, though. There's a whole series of these videos. That F14 on the "cover photo" kinda looks like it was the one in the Transformers movie, or has patterns like the one in the movie did. (Or maybe that was a F-15.. :lol: )

By the way, these voice synthesizers have gotten pretty sophisticated (though Stephen Hawking apparently prefers to keep using the same old one he's been using in the past). Here's an example of what you can do with one.

From what I understand, it's software that comes in a box which you install on your PC, and you compose what the voice sings and how it sings. The animation is not part of the package, but anyone can buy and use the software (lots of "amateur" examples on YouTube). You do, of course, need to master the scoring system - it'd be like writing a symphony (or at least a string quartet) on a PC screen. I don't think they've gotten to the point where you can automate software voice support yet, but you could easily, for instance, build this into a GPS (which I don't think Mac believes in) to give driving directions. They're still paying people like Arnie Schwarzenegger to record GPS navigation clips, though - it's still cheaper.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 23:10 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

mac33 wrote:

How anyone can still trust their 'science' after watching the clip is beyond me.

We live on a flat,stationary plain - its just so obvious.

No Mac. All it proves is they didn't measure the distance away very well that the helicopter was. If the earth was a flat plain, the helicopter couldn't drop below a horizon at the kind of distance away it was with hills on the beach behind it and only water in front. Your leaping conclusion here is so illogical, its like you WANT the earth to be flat so much that you can't think rationally. I mean do you think they removed the helicopter from the film by turning the camera off, waiting for it to go away and then turning the camera on again? :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 00:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Of course it's not based on rationality, none of his arguments are. The helicopter disappeared because it dropped below the horizon, plain and simple. It was probably quite a bit further away than six miles but if the Earth were flat it would have remained visible out to a hundred miles and more. It would still be visible at a thousand miles given a big enough telescope if the Earth were flat. A rational person would conclude that since it did disappear then the Earth was not flat, but Mac's argument was never based on rationality. He has to invoke trickery instead. To him it's obviously a scam because HE can't be wrong.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 03:13 
Super User

How mant times do I have to state the obvious?

The helicopter dropped below the horizon on the video from a claimed distance of 6 miles.....but......we can see small boats etc from a much greater distance away through a telescope etc.

Therefore,their claim that the helicopter dropped below the horizon is patently false.

The video was in some way edited by Stephen Hawkins and his team to fool the masses that curvature exists.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 10:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Naah - those boats were very close. They were just a lot smaller than you think they were. Like you can judge distance in a video. Just because the folks on the video claim the boats were far away doesn't make it so. Stop trying to smooth the lumps under the rug, it doesn't work. The helicopter went over the horizon.

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 65  Next