OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2016, 02:16 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
Are you saying that when the Chicago skyline is in view on a clear day across 60 miles of Michigan Bay - that what we are seeing is a mirage?
That is exactly what I am saying. If the density decreases perfectly right with altitude (which happens when temperature increases with ~0.13 degrees celsius per meter of elevation), light rays will follow the earth's curvature. Obviously, that exact temperature gradient over a long stretch will rarely occur, but when it does it makes the entire surface of the earth under that stretch appear flat.
mac33 wrote:
That when you put a straight ruler across the horizon and look as far as you can see to the left and right - and the horizon does not drop one bit below the ruler - that its another bending of light / mirage?
No, that is not refraction but simple geometry. The horizon is a circle around you, where you stand on the centre. Your eyes are less than 2m above the plane of the circle, and assuming zero refraction (light rays are perfectly straight lines) the circumference is ~4500m away. The horizon is a line describing the "edge of a plane", and you are watching it from practically straight on edge.

For some perspective, find a large ring, like a hula hoop, and support it so it stands on end. (You can also use a ferris wheel if you have one handy, saves you the work of finding a support. Size doesn't matter much as long as it is large enough for you to see from some distance.) Bring your ruler and walk 10 m away to a spot where you see it from the edge. You don't see any curvature of the ring, it appears to you as a straight line (test with your ruler). The elevation of your eyes when watching the horizon now corresponds to you moving your eye 2mm to either side when watching the hula hoop. While the curvature of the ring should now be "available" to you, it is not easy to spot. Try the ruler again.
mac33 wrote:
If that's your explanation for this evidence that clearly goes against the ball theory - then it sounds a lot like you do not believe that observation can be considered as evidence.
Observation can be considered evidence, but the effect of environment, circumstance and your own mind are factors to consider. Some types of observation are more reliable than others.
mac33 wrote:
The excuses given for the illegal invasion of Iraq - were just that,excuses.
Agreed!
mac33 wrote:
This bending of light / mirage is just another one of their BS excuses.
As I said before, the fact that people have lied to us at one time, and probably will again, is not evidence that they will always lie.
https://www.howtosmile.org/resource/smi ... 00-002-567

Last edited by keme on 13 Nov 2016, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2016, 19:40 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Just watched Channel 7's Sunday night story about a guy who jumped from 25,000 feet from a plane without a parachute into a net. During the story you could see the curvature of the earth in many of the camera shots. Just an interesting anecdote to go with the vids Isk put up.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2016, 20:06 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Just watched Channel 7's Sunday night story about a guy who jumped from 25,000 feet from a plane without a parachute into a net. During the story you could see the curvature of the earth in many of the camera shots. Just an interesting anecdote to go with the vids Isk put up.

So you see the power of the one world government! By leveraging a network of freemasons, and by secretly placing spyware at the hardware level in every video camera, they are able to use in-line editing to curve the horizon. It's the simplest possible explanation. Ockham's razor at its finest.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 00:44 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

LordCope wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

So you see the power of the one world government! By leveraging a network of freemasons, and by secretly placing spyware at the hardware level in every video camera, they are able to use in-line editing to curve the horizon. It's the simplest possible explanation. Ockham's razor at its finest.

Makes perfect sense! I could imagine that the said chip has an altimeter built in such that it only activates at the exact height the curve should be seen from. That would explain why nothing strange would be seen on film at lower points. I guess they would have a manual override so they could overcome any unforseen glitches that may arise.

This would explain a lot as the number of people needing to be included in the conspiracy of things like the moon landing would only need to be those who will see the flat earth with the naked eye - the astronauts themselves. Everyone else would be shown doctored film, making them believe its real from the get go.

I bet these people have actually had today's technology for the last 200 years or more too...making it easy for them to do this stuff at a time where everyone thinks it would have been impossible. I bet these people are hundreds or maybe thousands of years old and were given the technology for such longevity and trickery by aliens that visited them way back when.

Well this just all suddenly fits! I'm convinced now! :P

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 01:24 
Super User

Yeah,you can see the curvature of the earth through round or fish eyes lens camera.

All these amateur scientists who put balloons up to 100 000 ft or so - with non round lens - their footage shows the horizon is always flat - at least when the wind is not buffeting the camera about.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 02:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

*Sigh*

All you need to do is take a commercial airplane flight. In a jet. And get a window seat. No need for cameras, just peek out the window. You'll see a curved horizon. Once the plane has reached cruising altitude, of course. Above the clouds. Of course, rather than admit this, you'd come up with some other excuse, such as the windows aren't completely flat and cause distortion.

This was in the paper today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/05/us/a- ... sheadlines

A bunch of conspiracy theorist nuts out in the woods preparing for the big takeover.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 00:55 

Blade: Stiga Classic
As a pilot I can say with certainly that the earth is not flat. Not only can I see the curvature of the earth but I navigate by it and use aeronautical charts that compensate for it. There is not one licensed pilot on the face of this earth who believes the earth is flat. Even the magnetic deviation and compass dip is proof to that. Such a notion is ludicrous. Thomas Falater

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 01:06 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Thank-you Thomas....I needed someone with some navigation experience (especially from the sky) to come in and back me up here. The "Flat-Earthers" do claim to have at least one pilot on their list of testimonies on Youtube, but whether that's real or just put up to convince people of a flat earth belief that someone who's been "up there" believes it too, I don't know.

Anyway, I doubt Mac will be convinced by this still, but at least its one more step in the right direction! :up:

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 19:45 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
... The "Flat-Earthers" do claim to have at least one pilot on their list of testimonies on Youtube, ...

Oh, well ... there are pilots and there are pilots...

If they indeed refer to an aeronautical pilot, I wonder whether he is still alive, and present at a known location on this planet.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2016, 00:30 
Super User

Blade: Appelgren Allplay
FH: Mark V GPS 2.0
BH: Reflectoid 2.0
Maybe the earth is flat, and the reason it is accelerating upward is that Atlas is doing squats. Here in a few thousand years or so, gravity will reverse as he comes back down. Let us hope he doesn't fall over from the weight!

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 19:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

THE GAMEr wrote:
Maybe the earth is flat, and the reason it is accelerating upward is that Atlas is doing squats. Here in a few thousand years or so, gravity will reverse as he comes back down. Let us hope he doesn't fall over from the weight!

If it takes him a few thousand years to do half a squat, and the world rests on his shoulders, we have more to worry about than reverse gravity or him falling over :P :lol:

Besides, Atlas holds up a globe :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 01:06 
Super User

Blade: Appelgren Allplay
FH: Mark V GPS 2.0
BH: Reflectoid 2.0
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

If it takes him a few thousand years to do half a squat, and the world rests on his shoulders, we have more to worry about than reverse gravity or him falling over :P :lol:

Gotta give him a little slack. He's been doing squats for a long time!

Oh yeah...hm...good point :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 01:25 
Super User

6 mile distance - admitted by Stephen Hawkings the 8 inches times the distance squared is the correct formula.

6 times 6 times times 8 - equals 288 inches or 24feet.

Trouble is the helicopter is not disappearing or dropping the 24 feet due to the curvature like they claim. It's perspective.

Get a telescope it will come back in to view.

3 minute clip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_4DqAnEpD98

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 21:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

You'll never convince Mac - it's not worth the time trying to do so, and it's not worth worrying about. He's not influential enough to worry about. However, if the time ever comes when the conspiracy wackos start insisting that "Flat Earth Science" be taught in schools then it's time to do something. Probably not much chance of it happening in Australia but in the US each school district is independent and sets it's own curriculum - all it takes is some school commissioners of a certain political bent getting elected, and it's already happened with "Creation Science" and book-banning in certain public libraries.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 21:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

THE GAMEr wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Gotta give him a little slack. He's been doing squats for a long time!

Oh yeah...hm...good point :lol:

Yeah, it's not Atlas, it's the turtles... :lol:

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 64  Next