OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 02:21 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
it all makes sense to me. When I am cycling in my orange bubble jelly bean, I am always careful not to fall off the edge of the rim, because those turtles have nasty bites... :D :D

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 02:25 
Super User

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous they cannot possibly believe it exists - forget who said it - but it's bloody well true!

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 02:33 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

I am puzzled - if the earth is flat, is there still an underside?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 03:29 
Super User

Obviously, but as we have only went down 8miles or so who knows....

It appears there is a dome that keeps the atmosphere in.

The sun,stars and moon are housed inside this dome which could be a physical barrier or a electro magnetic screen.

It appears its intelligent design.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 03:49 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

so... is it like a frisbee, or half an apple?

When you look at Google Earth - is that all nonsense, the globe stuff? Are airline pilots in on the conspiracy, or do they just not understand where they are going?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 04:04 
Super User

Very few are in on it.

A plane travelling from Perth to Sydney approx 4000 Kms - the plane would need to fly nose down somewhat were the earth a globe. If it didn't it would end up in outer space!

The motivation....listen to this 3 minute video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SjNC0L9_vQU

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 16:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If the sun is only 31,000 miles away, what exactly is it? Some sort of lamp?

mac33 wrote:
A plane travelling from Perth to Sydney approx 4000 Kms - the plane would need to fly nose down somewhat were the earth a globe.

This is nonsense.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 17:27 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
mac33 wrote:
Obviously, but as we have only went down 8miles or so who knows....

It appears there is a dome that keeps the atmosphere in.

The sun,stars and moon are housed inside this dome which could be a physical barrier or a electro magnetic screen.

I'm loving this conversation btw Mac. It has led me to all sorts of interesting videos on youtube on things like Aliens, Time travellers, the Moon Landing and of course Flat Earth theories. I think I may have even found a post of yours on a Blog for a guy who gave 10 ways to tell the Earth is a globe, which raised some heavy debate in the comments.

Now if the there is a dome across the earth that houses the sun moon and stars does it also house the extra land that sits outside the ice surrounds? I suppose it couldn't otherwise planes would find their way past the dome and see these extra lands and blow the deal? But then if it doesn't, how would the super-rich get to those lands to use them?

Actually as far as I know there is a "dome/barrier" that surrounds the earth keeping the atmosphere in, its called the strato-sphere I think.

I have no issues with the fact that conspiracies that seem far too big to ever be real actually are often truth rather than just theory btw. I'm sure there are many that have been carried out in history by people with the power and means to do so. I'm just not convinced a Flat Earth one belongs in the list...and who it would serve exactly to fool people into the global "theory". I mean I realise that the theory blows apart the Big Bang Theory (love that show) and therefore serves the "God over Science" argument, but I don't see much gain from that. Religions do well enough with people still believing in the Big Bang. So what else is there to gain from "Earth is a Globe" other than it probably is an actual truth?

I mean have you looked into Astro-navigation and how the stars are positioned? I don't think you could Astro-navigate all around the world's oceans out of sight of land, if the stars are not surrounding us. And as others have pointed out, if you circum-navigate a "disc" rather than a globe, you have to turn from West to North to East to South to end back up in the same place. Proper navigation requires very strong coordination with the lattitudes and longitudes lines of the earth combined with direction. Failing to do this will get you lost very easily, and not take you where you planned to go. The earth is a BIG place. If you don't know every degree of heading on the compass from 0 degrees to 360 degrees, letalone West from North, you will not track correctly. I trained as a Navigator, this was a very clear principle. And yet I've not seen one answer as to how Flat Earthers explain a circum-navigation without factoring in changing of direction. Circum-navigating a globe (at least by air) can be done without any change of direction.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 20:37 
Super User

mac33 wrote:

This is religious speak from the lips of Christian creationists. Fundamentalist Christians have had to invent a flat earth because Genesis says there's a dome over the sky and the sun and the moon and the stars because "God said, ‘Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night'."

Which then raises the question of the forum rules. I thought religious discussion wasn't allowed?

And, btw, where are the answers to the simple questions about the points of the compass, the missing ice shelf, and the visible curvature of the earth seen on every flight from Perth to Sydney?

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 00:44 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
birchamboi wrote:
Which then raises the question of the forum rules. I thought religious discussion wasn't allowed?

And, btw, where are the answers to the simple questions about the points of the compass, the missing ice shelf, and the visible curvature of the earth seen on every flight from Perth to Sydney?

Religious discussion is against the rules Birchamboi, but this isn't strictly a religious discussion. I'm sure there can be religious beliefs attached to any subject if a poster wishes to make it so. But let's keep away from that here. Macs use of words has not been religious per se. Thanks for your information in regards to that one line, but I don't think its his intent to draw religion into this conversation. I've known Mac as a poster for a long time. I trust him to keep within the rules.

Like you though, I would like those simple questions answered too. ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 02:24 
Super User

I am unble to answer many of he questions put forward as I simply have no understanding of how navigation works.

However,when I look out to Rottnest island 18 km from the Perth coast - I can see it clearly.

At a distance of 18 Kms - it should be around 90 feet below the horizon looking at it from sea level.

My friend went on a holiday to Malaysia recently. He went on a trip to Fifi island (spelling).

It's 46km off the coast of Phuket he tells me. On the way back to Phuket on the ferry he could see the whole of the island nearly all the way back,short of the last few Kms.

Now were the earth a globe - of course that could not be possible.

Water in a calm natural state can never bend.

According to the globe model there is 3950 miles of total curvature. Now as the vast majority of the earths surface is made up of water - our sea water would have to bend thousands and thousands of miles in total.

I believe water can never bend even one inch in a calm unaltered state.

When you see a boat 'disappear' over he horizon it will come back into vision were you to pick up a pair of binoculars.

I encourage others to look more into this flat earth.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 02:39 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That's Thailand.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 03:01 
Super User

Ok,thanks.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 03:10 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
PRW wrote:
you would have to meet mac33 to understand.... :D

Now I am genuinely curious - care to elaborate? PM is fine if you'd rather not post.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 03:32 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

haha - mac33 is a very funny guy (and a very, very good but unconventional player), who believes very strongly in certain things, which may or may not be true!

He will always talk about these theories to those that will listen, and is very committed to explaining these in detail... he works different hours and sleeps different hours to the rest of the world..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 64  Next