OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 65  Next
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 23:33 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Mac, I'm amazed you are yet to bring up the Jesuits. Seems they are behind everything conspiratorial! And I'd be easily convinced there is evil there and if there was any credible proof that the earth actually IS flat, that they'd be behind convincing the world that its an oblate sphere.

I didn't say they DID fake the moon landings btw, just that I could be convinced they did. The arguments used to claim they were, were too flimsy and easy to refute IMO (waving flags and stars and gravity reproduction at slower speeds etc.). The Youtube vid of the NASA guy explaining how the Orion probe would need to be launched through the Van Allen Belt to prevent burn up seems to suggest technology in the 60's and 70's wasn't good enough to get through that belt if its difficult now. And what also perplexes me about space travel is they say there is nothingness in space, and as such how does propulsion in space actually propel? How does a spacecraft after propelling off the earth and through its gravity then actually propel (and steer) when in space with nothing to push off? This would seem to make navigating a vehicle to a fairly small target (ie. the moon or mars) in a big wise "space" really difficult to achieve. But I am not a rocket scientist, so perhaps I'm just missing something obvious.

I actually keep an open mind on all this stuff and have done a lot of research (within my resources of the internet) to find out what I can. I see flaws in flat earth proponent theories and conjectures. But besides my knowledge of how navigating the earth works (which would lend itself much towards earth being a sphere), I haven't myself seen the earth from a spacecraft at a distance of 1000 miles, so I can't categorically say its a sphere or that its atmosphere ends in hundreds of miles of radiation and goes into a space vacuum.

I certainly do think the wool is pulled over the eyes of the general populations of the world by a discrete "few" which gives rise to distrust in everything anyone in any kind of authority says by some people. Unfortunately, we as individuals don't have the resources to find everything out for ourselves. And even if we did, and we found what was real and what was not, would we live our lives any , or very, differently anyway? And who would we tell? Or convince? And who would care? In essence, while this discussion is interesting and fun to ponder, its kind of futile in the end...isn't it? Have you got any answers on what you would do with it if you found conclusive proof beyond a skeric of doubt Mac?

This website about the Jesuits is very interesting:

https://tabublog.com/2015/11/09/the-jes ... on-piracy/

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 00:01 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Mac, I'm amazed you are yet to bring up the Jesuits. Seems they are behind everything conspiratorial! And I'd be easily convinced there is evil there and if there was any credible proof that the earth actually IS flat, that they'd be behind convincing the world that its an oblate sphere.

I didn't say they DID fake the moon landings btw, just that I could be convinced they did.The arguments used to claim they were, were too flimsy and easy to refute IMO (waving flags and stars and gravity reproduction at slower speeds etc.). The Youtube vid of the NASA guy explaining how the Orion probe would need to be launched through the Van Allen Belt to prevent burn up seems to suggest technology in the 60's and 70's wasn't good enough to get through that belt if its difficult now. And what also perplexes me about space travel is they say there is nothingness in space, and as such how does propulsion in space actually propel? How does a spacecraft after propelling off the earth and through its gravity then actually propel (and steer) when in space with nothing to push off? This would seem to make navigating a vehicle to a fairly small target (ie. the moon or mars) in a big wise "space" really difficult to achieve. But I am not a rocket scientist, so perhaps I'm just missing something obvious.

I actually keep an open mind on all this stuff and have done a lot of research (within my resources of the internet) to find out what I can. I see flaws in flat earth proponent theories and conjectures. But besides my knowledge of how navigating the earth works (which would lend itself much towards earth being a sphere), I haven't myself seen the earth from a spacecraft at a distance of 1000 miles, so I can't categorically say its a sphere or that its atmosphere ends in hundreds of miles of radiation and goes into a space vacuum.

I certainly do think the wool is pulled over the eyes of the general populations of the world by a discrete "few" which gives rise to distrust in everything anyone in any kind of authority says by some people. Unfortunately, we as individuals don't have the resources to find everything out for ourselves. And even if we did, and we found what was real and what was not, would we live our lives any , or very, differently anyway? And who would we tell? Or convince? And who would care? In essence, while this discussion is interesting and fun to ponder, its kind of futile in the end...isn't it? Have you got any answers on what you would do with it if you found conclusive proof beyond a skeric of doubt Mac?

This website about the Jesuits is very interesting:

https://tabublog.com/2015/11/09/the-jes ... on-piracy/

I'm sorry, Reb, but you are mac33-lite. Also - if your "research on the Internet" (I am not sure I agree with this definition of 'research') leads to 'interesting' sites like the one above, perhaps you are already much closer to mac33 that you'd like to admit.

I'm out of this lounge.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 01:49 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Reb, you need some more schooling in science,

Rockets do not work by pushing on the air. They work best in a vacuum.
When fuel burns, it makes pressure on all sides of the rocket motor, but one side is missing. It is the difference of pressure from the front and back sides that give it thrust.
The shape of the rocket nozzle has to do with getting burned gasses up to speed. The rocket can not go faster that the gasses leaving the motor. In space, given enough time, the rocket would finally reach the speed of the exhaust gasses. In the air, the air slows the rocket gasses and limits the speed of the rocket.

I worked on nuclear fusion research, worked at a rocket launch site for years, talked to astronauts on a laser beam, (laser mounted on tracking radar antenna) and much more. There is too much evidence around to even think about a flat earth.

Yepp, we went to the moon. :)

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 01:54 

Blade: BTY Hadraw VK
FH: BTY Sriver
BH: BTY Sriver EL
hookshot wrote:

When fuel burns, it makes pressure on all sides of the rocket motor, but one side is missing. It is the difference of pressure from the front and back sides that give it thrust.
The shape of the rocket nozzle has to do with getting burned gasses up to speed. The rocket can not go faster that the gasses leaving the motor. In space, given enough time, the rocket would finally reach the speed of the exhaust gasses. In the air, the air slows the rocket gasses and limits the speed of the rocket.

I worked on nuclear fusion research, worked at a rocket launch site for years, talked to astronauts on a laser beam, (laser mounted on tracking radar antenna) and much more. There is too much evidence around to even think about a flat earth.

There are not enough "thanks" buttons.
:clap: :clap: :up:

(ALL+) Stiga Allround Evolution- FH Yasaka Mark V (2.0)- BH Butterfly Tackifire Drive (1.9).

"You have to DO something to the ball." -Leatherback

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 02:38 

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
www.moonlandinghoax.org/8.html

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 03:08 

I found some great wallpapers with Xu Xin
https://kameda.ro/xu-xin-vs-par-gerell/
:up:

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 03:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Musicfreak0 wrote:
Anyway, this is not about moon landings, this is about the shape of the Earth. And, for the third time, what about gravity? You seem to be conveniently bypassing that question. ;)

Gravity's easy. The Pancake Earth is under constant acceleration upwards at 10 m s^-2. Since it's been accelerating since the Earth was formed 4.5 billion years ago (or 6000 years ago if you're into that stuff), it's probably pretty close to light speed by now.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 13:54 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

hookshot wrote:

Told ya I was no rocket scientist Hookshot :lol: I yield to your knowledge and you are just what I needed to be convinced (someone I trust who's been there and done that, as it were).

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 17:02 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
Reb is in good company – in 1920, The New York Times famously ridiculed rocket pioneer Robert Goddard's ideas. They published a retraction the day after Apollo 11 launched in 1969.

"JULY 17, 1969: On Jan. 13, 1920, Topics of The Times, an editorial-page feature of The New York Times, dismissed the notion that a rocket could function in a vacuum and commented on the ideas of Robert H. Goddard, the rocket pioneer, as follows: ''That Professor Goddard, with his 'chair' in Clark College and the countenancing of the Smithsonian Institution, does not know the relation of action to reaction, and of the need to have something better than a vacuum against which to react -- to say that would be absurd. Of course he only seems to lack the knowledge ladled out daily in high schools.''

Further investigation and experimentation have confirmed the findings of Isaac Newton in the 17th century and it is now definitely established that a rocket can function in a vacuum as well as in an atmosphere. The Times regrets the error."

I'm keen to see if mac has any questions for someone who appears to be a kind of rocket scientist! Existence of the Illuminati, the "scientific dictatorship", etc.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 18:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

hookshot wrote:

OK, I agree thus far. I remember reading this in one of the first books I ever owned, when I was in the first grade. This is the most cogent explanation for thrust that I've ever found - other ways to explain it (such as conservation of momentum) don't actually explain how the force (thrust) is created.

Quote:

I don't agree that the rocket will stop accelerating once it reaches the speed of the gases leaving the motor. In fact, I think (in a vacuum) it will continue to accelerate as long as the motor is producing thrust (i.e. there's any pressure left in the combustion chamber). If you think about it - the exhaust gases are ALWAYS exiting the nozzle at high speed using the rocket as the frame of reference. It is this frame of reference that we use when calculating conservation of momentum, not some external frame of reference. It doesn't matter if the rocket itself were already travelling faster in the opposite direction, it would still continue to accelerate.

Quote:

Definitely agree here. This flat earth business leaves so many lumps under the carpet you'd need a steam roller to flatten it all.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 20:54 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

iskandar taib wrote:
Definitely agree here. This flat earth business leaves so many lumps under the carpet you'd need a steam roller to flatten it all.
Iskandar
Wait!
Whaat???
Are you saying the carpet shouldn't be lumpy?
I will have to check it thoroughly when I get back home. Thanks!

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 22:02 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

pgpg wrote:
I'm sorry, Reb, but you are mac33-lite. Also - if your "research on the Internet" (I am not sure I agree with this definition of 'research') leads to 'interesting' sites like the one above, perhaps you are already much closer to mac33 that you'd like to admit.

I'm out of this lounge.

Actually pgpg (if you do come back and read this), I am not like Mac at all. I accept others have superior knowledge to myself and I accept that knowledge when presented and don't just ignore it. Mac is rather immovable and fanatical on these issues (feel free to refute this Mac, but its been my experience of reading your posts and PRW's personal observations too). I am not. As I stated I have a pretty open mind on it all and like to weigh things up in my mind on what I see/read. I recognise I cannot see and read everything, so I know there can be gaps. I also see flaws in the flat earth theories and maths, which you also seem to have ignored in your assessment. I can see that this issue upsets you for some reason, which I am not privy to that reason. But I can see that it has gotten under your skin. So I accept if you don't come back to this thread and read or participate in it again. That's your choice and perogative. Just as it is the choice for those who get a kick out of this thread to do the opposite. I think you have ridden a little close to the wind of a personal attack in some of the things you've said here, so it's probably better to stay clear of this thread anyway. But, as I said, you make your own choices and the consequences are determined from there.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 22:27 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Actually pgpg (if you do come back and read this), I am not like Mac at all. I accept others have superior knowledge to myself and I accept that knowledge when presented and don't just ignore it. Mac is rather immovable and fanatical on these issues (feel free to refute this Mac, but its been my experience of reading your posts and PRW's personal observations too). I am not. As I stated I have a pretty open mind on it all and like to weigh things up in my mind on what I see/read. I recognise I cannot see and read everything, so I know there can be gaps.

Yep, I agree Reb gives ideas a fair shake. Many scientific concepts are not intuitive. In my long-ago dark days as a trainee high school teacher, this was drummed into us: we (even wannabe science teachers) accumulate a lot of ideas which seem plausible, or which may match theory under ideal conditions, but you really have to pick your way through the evidence – and develop the tools and awareness to do it, and be willing to ditch imperfect explanations for better ones. I don't begrudge anyone admitting they have gaps. We all have gaps in what we know. The test is whether we are willing to admit error and to self-correct in response to evidence, or whether we double down on bad ideas in spite of evidence to the contrary. In this respect, I don't see a similarity between mac and Reb.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 03:42 
Super User

You guys are hilarious. You hold a belief that is set in stone - now that's a fanatical belief.

As I've already said - if someone can prove to me that when you look at the horizon 50 miles to the left and another 50 miles to the right - and there's an observable curve - I will start to believe their theory we live on a ball.

A flat horizon and a ball earth are not compatible for very obvious reasons.

Have you done that flat ruler across the horizon experiment yet Reborntt?

From the link you provided....

By the 17th Century there were more than 500 Jesuit schools established across Europe. The Jesuits standardised curriculum and teaching methods became the basis of many education systems today. There are 20,000 Jesuits working in more than 100 countries, with 200 members in the UK in parishes, schools, colleges and spirituality centres.

To understand the who, when, why and how the Flat Round Geocentric Earth Theory was destroyed 500 years ago in favor of a well coordinated well planned effort to sell the world that we live on a heliocentric round rapidly spinning ball is what this effort is about.

Their purpose for creating the Greatest Lie in the History of Manking, was to create a story that each of us are only a single being amongst billions and billions of other star systems with their own planets and possible inhabitants versus the reality that we are really the center of the universe and all revolves around us, thus making us one of God’s most important creations.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 04:06 
Super User

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 65  Next