OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 65  Next
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 04:42 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
hangdog wrote:

Obviously just photoshopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 06:53 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
LordCope wrote:
Obviously just photoshopped.

Shhh…! Don't endanger the clandestine Earth-photoshopping industry – millions of jobs are at risk! :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 14:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

keme wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
Definitely agree here. This flat earth business leaves so many lumps under the carpet you'd need a steam roller to flatten it all.
Iskandar
Wait!
Whaat???
Are you saying the carpet shouldn't be lumpy?
I will have to check it thoroughly when I get back home. Thanks!

No, the carpet's supposed to be flat. It's the Earth that's a sphere.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 15:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Not really directly related to the subject at hand, but funny all the same - and instructive as well.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 16:34 
Super User

Eric Dubay 3 minute speech starts around 40 seconds.

Makes some valid points regarding the purpose of life.

Were the Big Bang theory to be factual - then there clearly is no purpose for life - other than ones own pleasure.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SjNC0L9_vQU

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 16:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
mac33 wrote:
As I've already said - if someone can prove to me that when you look at the horizon 50 miles to the left and another 50 miles to the right - and there's an observable curve - I will start to believe their theory we live on a ball.

A flat horizon and a ball earth are not compatible for very obvious reasons.

Have you done that flat ruler across the horizon experiment yet Reborntt?

Mac, I don't need to go and look at the horizon to know that it appears flat. I know it appears that way. As Hangdog and I have both pointed out already, the earth is just far too large for a curve to be seen from anywhere standing on it, or not too high above it. Now, if you can show me an undoctored picture of an horizon of several thousand kilometres from a height of about 20 km up that shows no curve, then I'll start to believe the flat earth bandwagon you've jumped on ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 16:55 
Super User

Reborntt - you are telling me that of the thousands of miles of claimed curvature - we are not able to observe just a few hundred metres or even 10 metres of this claimed curvature?

That makes no sense to me.

At a distance of 60 miles there should be a 780 metre or 2400 ft drop off or curve - at 8 inches per mile squared.

Off Maui there are numerous islands from similar distances with hills of varying heights.

Put your straight ruler across the horizon there - you will see the hills around the 2500ft elevation on a clear day above the line of the horizon.

You get my point I'm sure.

Last edited by mac33 on 03 Nov 2016, 23:03, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 16:58 
Super User

mac33 wrote:
At a distance of 60 miles there should be a 780 metre or 2400 ft drop off or curve - at inches per mile squared.

You mean 40 feet, or 1/10,000th.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 17:30 
Super User

mac33 wrote:
Were the Big Bang theory to be factual - then there clearly is no purpose for life - other than ones own pleasure.

So what? It depends on what you mean by "one's own pleasure". The "pleasure" could just as easily be to convince people that the Big Bang didn't happen or that the earth is flat. That is, you place your own construction on it, when in fact the Big Bang is completely irrelevant to, and doesn't care about, any "purpose" that you value.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 20:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
As I've already said - if someone can prove to me that when you look at the horizon 50 miles to the left and another 50 miles to the right - and there's an observable curve - I will start to believe their theory we live on a ball.

He's obviously never been up in an airplane before... Or if he has he's afraid of the window seats.

Hee hee hee... just found this. OBVIOUSLY FAKED AND PHOTOSHOPPED OF COURSE... there's no way that cat could have been sitting there at 60,000 feet.. :lol: Cute, though.

They did it again with a bigger balloon. Obviously fake as well!

Here's another one that's obviously fake... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 21:15 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Gees, the conspiracy theorists against a Flat Earth are getting younger and younger! :headbang: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 03:59 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
Mac33,
extracted from the internet...

"First, a brief tour of the worldview of a flat-earther: While writing off buckets of concrete evidence that Earth is spherical, they readily accept a laundry list of propositions that some would call ludicrous. The leading flat-earther theory holds that Earth is a disc with the Arctic Circle in the center and Antarctica, a 150-foot-tall wall of ice, around the rim. NASA employees, they say, guard this ice wall to prevent people from climbing over and falling off the disc. Earth's day and night cycle is explained by positing that the sun and moon are spheres measuring 32 miles (51 kilometers) that move in circles 3,000 miles (4,828 km) above the plane of the Earth. (Stars, they say, move in a plane 3,100 miles up.) Like spotlights, these celestial spheres illuminate different portions of the planet in a 24-hour cycle. Flat-earthers believe there must also be an invisible "antimoon" that obscures the moon during lunar eclipses.

Furthermore, Earth's gravity is an illusion, they say. Objects do not accelerate downward; instead, the disc of Earth accelerates upward at 32 feet per second squared (9.8 meters per second squared), driven up by a mysterious force called dark energy. Currently, there is disagreement among flat-earthers about whether or not Einstein's theory of relativity permits Earth to accelerate upward indefinitely without the planet eventually surpassing the speed of light. (Einstein's laws apparently still hold in this alternate version of reality.)"

what of the above do you believe - do we have a wall of ice?

PS - the US is a great place to live for conspiracies... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 04:17 
Super User

Yes PRW - good to see you are open to the bleedin obvious that we live on a stationary flat plain.

Is there a physical dome that the lights (stars ) are attached to - i am certainly open to it.

Without this dome the atmosphere would likely disappear in to the vacuum of space.

What is beyond the perimeter or ice shelf (Antartica) only the ruling elite are wise to.

The suns rays are like a torch - they direct light at an angle,guessing around 30 degrees.

This light illuminates around half the area of the earth at any one time. As it circles the flat plain,the sun appears to drop over the horizon.

It's not dropping over the horizon of course - as it moves further away it appears to drop - just perspective. As clouds move away from us,they too appear to get lower and lower in the sky.

All this is going to be 'news' to the trusters of the corporate establishment.

Truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 04:58 
Super User

mac33 wrote:
Is there a physical dome that the lights (stars ) are attached to - i am certainly open to it.

Without this dome the atmosphere would likely disappear in to the vacuum of space.

Without gravity the atmosphere would certainly disappear into the vacuum of space.

Quote:
What is beyond the perimeter or ice shelf (Antartica) only the ruling elite are wise to.

The suns rays are like a torch - they direct light at an angle,guessing around 30 degrees.

This light illuminates around half the area of the earth at any one time. As it circles the flat plain,the sun appears to drop over the horizon.

It's not dropping over the horizon of course - as it moves further away it appears to drop - just perspective. As clouds move away from us,they too appear to get lower and lower in the sky.

If the earth is flat and there is no horizon, your version of the sun should be visible through a powerful telescope from any place on earth at all times. Which it's not.

How low and how large do you think the sun is, that its non-visibility is a matter of perspective rather than a matter of being on the other side of the planet?

You are saying that the sun emits light in a focussed beam of about 30 degrees. How does it do this?

Quote:
All this is going to be 'news' to the trusters of the corporate establishment.

Truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

Alternatively, cultlike movements don't do science, and show it on an ongoing basis…

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 05:47 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
mac33 wrote:
Yes PRW - good to see you are open to the bleedin obvious that we live on a stationary flat plain.

Haha - I am open to any ideas, as long as they can be diluted with a dose of logic. This whole "wall of ice guarded by NASA" thing was something I had never heard before, but sounds like a good conversation starter.

mac33 wrote:

It's not dropping over the horizon of course - as it moves further away it appears to drop - just perspective.

How far away does the sun have to move so we can''t see it? So it acts kind of like a big yellow yoyo? Otherwise, I could see it when it is shining its spotlight on the opposite side of the world?

mac33 wrote:

don't worry, one day I will tell you what's beyond - just you, ok?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 65  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!