OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 65  Next
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 06:15 
Super User

My friend believes they,the ruling elite are going to promote this conspiracy to divide the 911 Truth Movement.

Not sure,but its already divided much of the wider Truth Movement.

Maybe I should start promoting the spinning ball theory.....

Set up a free energy travel company - put the passengers up in a balloon and hey presto - in 4 hours they have travelled at the equator - around 4300 miles!

Fancy investing in this free energy PRW. Just don't tell anyone of our secret energy!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 08:40 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
haha mac - brilliant idea! If I jump high enough, I could land in NZ!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 09:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

PRW wrote:
Furthermore, Earth's gravity is an illusion, they say. Objects do not accelerate downward; instead, the disc of Earth accelerates upward at 32 feet per second squared (9.8 meters per second squared), driven up by a mysterious force called dark energy.

Hee hee hee... I was right... :lol:

Quote:
PS - the US is a great place to live for conspiracies... :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately, conspiracies and conspiracy theorists are no laughing matter, and they are not harmless. Some large percentage of the US population actually believes this stuff, and they're about to elect someone who will do untold damage.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 10:28 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
iskandar taib wrote:
PRW wrote:
Furthermore, Earth's gravity is an illusion, they say. Objects do not accelerate downward; instead, the disc of Earth accelerates upward at 32 feet per second squared (9.8 meters per second squared), driven up by a mysterious force called dark energy.

Hee hee hee... I was right... :lol:

Which perfectly explains why if you drop a ball now, it will fall slower than it would if you dropped the same ball in 5 minutes' time. Or, if you drop a ball 50m, and drop another one the same mass when the other hit 25m, they would be exactly the same speed, right? :D :D :D

Wrong!

Honestly, there are more gaps in this "flat earth" argument than in between my teeth! Not that my teeth are that bad, but you get my drift. :)

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 10:51 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
iskandar taib wrote:
They did it again with a bigger balloon. Obviously fake as well!

It's got to be a fake – no way could it be outside the "dome"! Maybe they figured out the combination to get through the airlock!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 15:30 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I'm astonished at the extents the explaining away go to. I'm entirely comfortable with a healthy degree of scientific skepticism - it's central to the process of science itself. I'm also slightly uncomfortable with some of the more arrogant tendencies of modern science, especially in its more abstract and theoretical forms.

So, I'm ok with someone challenging the status quo, and asking for evidence to explain certain questions, but when the balance of evidence points one way, and the same process of testing and questioning assumptions is turned away with increasingly extraordinary feats of mental gymnastics, I lose confidence in the scientific integrity of the initial skeptic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 22:49 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
PRW wrote:
mac33 wrote:

It's not dropping over the horizon of course - as it moves further away it appears to drop - just perspective.

How far away does the sun have to move so we can''t see it? So it acts kind of like a big yellow yoyo? Otherwise, I could see it when it is shining its spotlight on the opposite side of the world?

PRW, of course the answer to this is the sun has a hood over it (like a camera lens can have) directing its light to just that 30 degree area. I think that would explain why you can't even see it with a telescope once it gets far enough away Hangdog :P :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 23:48 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
iskandar taib wrote:
Not really directly related to the subject at hand, but funny all the same - and instructive as well.

Iskandar

tnx, great video explaining how lot of this science research work ... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 23:59 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Hey Mac...do you own a compass? Or can you borrow one? If you can try this experiment. Go to a sports ground and choose a point at the outer edge of it and face yourself west. Now start walking westward and follow the outer edge of the ground taking note of the compass reading as you go. Circum-navigate the entire ground until you get back to the point you began at. Did the compass change from its initial west heading on your way around? If the earth is flat and a circum-navigation of it takes you around a disc-shaped earth, the sports ground experiment will be a miniature version of going around a flat disc earth. On a spherical earth you can head west and never change direction and return to the spot you started. I think you'll find it difficult to do this on a flat earth, as the sports ground experiment should demonstrate. ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 04:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Naah.. he'll just say the compass "North" always points to the center of the (flat) Earth.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 05:21 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
iskandar taib wrote:

Unfortunately, conspiracies and conspiracy theorists are no laughing matter, and they are not harmless. Some large percentage of the US population actually believes this stuff, and they're about to elect someone who will do untold damage.

Iskandar

yip - as a "Resident Alien" (some more thought for you there, mac33!) living in the US, it amazes me that with a population of 300 million plus, these are the best two that they have.... very scary.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 11:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

A lot of the vitriol being spewed by one of them about the other is what we're discussing here - conspiracies. Not particularly shy about making stuff up on the fly as well, it seems, and doesn't care when shown to be wrong, he just goes ahead with the next one. And the conspiracy theorists lap it up - it's like manna from heaven. They've been spewing out this stuff ever since President Clinton's term. Remember those "militias"? We'll be seeing more of them over the next few years, I think, they'll be coming out of the woodwork.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 18:50 
Super User

4 minute clip - conspiracies are real.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_contin ... e8H_cC7GFA

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 20:25 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
4 minute clip - conspiracies are real.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_contin ... e8H_cC7GFA

As much as I respect Leon Russell for his human insights (and also Rick Cunha, which I did not see appearing in this video but who has expressed his devotion to the flat earth community), I do not accept the implied claim that their "knowledge" in every field is more valid than what is generally accepted as "common knowledge".

The fact that authorities in just about every country have lied and concealed facts about their doings, does not imply that they lie about everything all the time. Yes, conspiracies exist, but that does not mean that every conspiracy claim is true.

Statements from highly respected people in history, addressing the situation in their time and place, cannot be universally applied. They are made in, and towards, a context.

Abusing established emotional conditions (in this case respect/disrespect) for one's own purpose, removed from proper context, is a popular rhetoric technique in demagoguery.

As for for the mathemathics of elevation presented (proportional to the square of the distance), it is close enough to actual elevations for the purpose in this thread. Assuming that the earth is a perfect sphere, a distance of 60 imperial miles (~9.6 metric miles) gives a "tangent elevation" of 732 m using trigonometric calculation, i.e. reasonably close to the "square proportional" approximation of 780 m. Even when catering for "human elevation" which moves the horizon around 3 miles away from the eye (assuming eye elevation 1.83m or 6'), the "target" tangent elevation would be around 660m, so even the highest buildings shouldn't be visible.

The "visibility evidence" claimed is, however, based on the assumption that light travels in straight lines. It is fairly easy to demonstrate that air of varying density (as caused by variations in temperature or humidity) can bend (refract) light rays. In other words, light can not be relied upon to be a perfectly straight ruler. This goes for natural, ambient light as well as laser beams. Thus, objects that "should be" visible may be hidden behind the horizon, and vice versa.

Last edited by keme on 06 Nov 2016, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 22:08 
Super User

Good post.

Are you saying that when the Chicago skyline is in view on a clear day across 60 miles of Michigan Bay - that what we are seeing is a mirage?

That when you put a straight ruler across the horizon and look as far as you can see to the left and right - and the horizon does not drop one bit below the ruler - that its another bending of light / mirage?

If that's your explanation for this evidence that clearly goes against the ball theory - then it sounds a lot like you do not believe that observation can be considered as evidence.

Just bring in the bending of light / mirage card and all this evidence is instantly de-bunked.

It might be for you keme - but not for me.

The excuses given for the illegal invasion of Iraq - were just that,excuses.

This bending of light / mirage is just another one of their BS excuses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 65  Next