OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 65  Next
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 23:02 
Super User

Blade: Appelgren Allplay
FH: Mark V GPS 2.0
BH: Reflectoid 2.0
Ah, the turtles, yes, I got mixed up.

Atlas is a construction of the Illuminati.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 00:39 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
mac33 wrote:
6 mile distance - admitted by Stephen Hawkings the 8 inches times the distance squared is the correct formula.

6 times 6 times times 8 - equals 288 inches or 24feet.

Trouble is the helicopter is not disappearing or dropping the 24 feet due to the curvature like they claim. It's perspective.

Get a telescope it will come back in to view.

3 minute clip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_4DqAnEpD98

Mac think about this logically. What drops faster? A straight line down at 45 degrees or a curve that gently goes outward and down? Has to be the straight line right, cos it goes directly down. So lets say over a distance of 6 miles the drop at a 45 degree angle is 8 x 6 inches, gives 48 inches of drop. So how then does the drop multiply by 6 again when the line becomes curved? Take a piece of string of a fixed length representing your 6 miles and lie it from Point A down 45 degrees to Point B. Now curve the string. It won't reach point B from Point A right? Why? Because the drop with the curve in it is less....not 6 times more!! The formula is flawed by squaring distance by itself. "Pi x r x squared" is the formula that gives the area of a circle. Not the drop around it. They are borrowing from this formula to pull the wool over your eyes and make their argument seem legitimate.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 01:02 
Super User

Reborn - this is the accepted formula by all including Stephen Hawkins in the video I posted above.

At the 6 mile distance - he claimed the drop off was 24 feet which matches the formula.

The formula used results in the claimed total curvature of 3950 miles.

Anyway,do you believe when a boat disappears out of view from a 6 mile distance - its due to the curvature of the earth (24feet from a 6 mile distance as Stephen Hawkins is claiming in the video ) or
do you believe its going out of your field of vision?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 02:10 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

mac33 wrote:
Anyway,do you believe when a boat disappears out of view from a 6 mile distance - its due to the curvature of the earth (24feet from a 6 mile distance as Stephen Hawkins is claiming in the video ) or
do you believe its going out of your field of vision?

At 6 miles, I'd say its going out of field of vision. I don't believe the earth's curve is that much over 6 miles to make it impossible to see if you zoom in (assuming a calm sea). Curvature over 6 miles is bugger all. Its such a tiny distance for curve to impact on. I'll find a spot someday with known distance that I'll take my own zoom lens photos to show what happens.

Haven't been able to get the vid you posted to play. But I think I've seen it. If its the one I think, its not even clear that it is Stephen Hawking, or just someone using a voice synthesiser to sound like him (cos his voice is synthesised anyway).

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 02:40 
Super User

To suggest that's a voice over - come on reborn!

It would be taken down off YouTube straight away for one.

Are you open to the possibility that the video of Hawkins and his team in the video are deceiving humanity intentionally? That's clearly what it seems like to me.

6 miles is 24feet of drop by the accepted formula. It's used by shipping companies to determine when they are able to see another vessel.

Do you believe there's some conspiracy around this formula?

Modern Zoom lenses / telescopes etc have exposed the claimed curvature figures of the earth from such smaller distances as a fraud / lie.

Earth curvature calculator.....

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-ca ... t=imperial

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 11:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
6 miles is 24feet of drop by the accepted formula. It's used by shipping companies to determine when they are able to see another vessel.

Say what????

7 feet. According to the website you posted. I think you've been quoting 24 feet for so long you don't remember where it came from.

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
At 6 miles, I'd say its going out of field of vision. I don't believe the earth's curve is that much over 6 miles to make it impossible to see if you zoom in (assuming a calm sea). Curvature over 6 miles is bugger all. Its such a tiny distance for curve to impact on. I'll find a spot someday with known distance that I'll take my own zoom lens photos to show what happens.

It actually is going over the horizon. In the days of tall ships as the ship came over the horizon you'd first see the topgallants, and then the topsails, and then the mainsails, way before the hull came into view. Doesn't matter if you used a telescope, the same rule applies. To keep from being spotted (as you would do if you were chasing someone) you'd reef the topgallants, thus decreasing the distance beyond which you were invisible. This distance also depends on how high your eyes are (something Mac conveniently forgets - your eyes are usually five feet above ground level, and if you are on a ship it's five feet above deck level which is maybe 10 feet up if you're on the quarterdeck of a frigate or 50 feet up if you're up in the crosstrees, which is where all ships of war kept lookouts). The higher your eyes, the further the horizon, the farther you can see before the curvature of the earth cuts off your view.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 14:06 
Super User

At that 6 mile distance looking at water level its 24feet just as Stephen Hawkins mentioned.

They set the telescope to see the helicopter drop over the horizon up lower than the 5 feet you mentioned.

The helicopter or at least the majority of it should still have mostly disappeared which it did in their experiment.

My point is - with a zoom camera you can clearly see small boats on a clear day from distances of 6 miles and beyond.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 14:40 
Super User

I had another look at the video with Stephen Hawkin.

The telescope was set up 2-3 feet high. So we are looking at a 10-12 foot drop off still....

Again, from this 6 mile distance or greater looking from a elevation of 2-3 feet - small boats are clearly visible with a zoom camera or telescope.

I therefore can only conclude,the experiment was a con and that there is no curvature of water on a lake or ocean.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 15:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
At that 6 mile distance looking at water level its 24feet just as Stephen Hawkins mentioned.

Thpptptt!!! No one lies down on the sand to observe ships on the horizon. Get real.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 15:16 
Super User

Yes true,buts were they to - its a drop of 24feet.

I put it to you iskander,that you have been deceived and are unable to accept this obvious fact.

The experiment by Stephen Hawkins and his team was a blatant con.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 16:18 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

mac33 wrote:

Do you believe there's some conspiracy around this formula?

Modern Zoom lenses / telescopes etc have exposed the claimed curvature figures of the earth from such smaller distances as a fraud / lie.

Earth curvature calculator.....

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-ca ... t=imperial

Ok Mac. I'll concede this calculator seems pretty right. Using it, as Iskandar has pointed out, the curve cuts out about 7 feet of view (from a height of 5 feet) not 24. 24 is from 0 feet and no-one looks from 0 feet to a horizon. Shipping companies might use this, but they will not be viewing from 0 feet or 5 feet. Most merchant ship bridge decks are around 60-80 feet off sea level. So drop the 24 feet Mac, you are either trying to con us.... or yourself :P :lol:

In fact if you put 60 feet as height of eye over a distance of 18 miles you get 48 feet as the hidden height. This complies with my memory as a naval officer viewing lighthouses at night from about 15-20 miles out to sea where the lighthouses generally stand about 60 or 70 feet high. If the world were flat, they would not have needed to build lighthouses so high now would they?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 17:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
Yes true,buts were they to - its a drop of 24feet.

I put it to you iskander,that you have been deceived and are unable to accept this obvious fact.

The experiment by Stephen Hawkins and his team was a blatant con.

No, you're deceiving yourself. You've got this 24 feet thing stuck in your head and you've somehow convinced yourself it actually means something, when what is actually happening is you've got your calculations wrong because you're using the wrong parameters. Your argument is full of holes and worse, sloppy calculations, and you know it. No one's trying to con you, the earth really is a sphere and there's no world conspiracy trying to cheat you of whatever it is you think it's trying to cheat you of.

Iskandar

Last edited by iskandar taib on 30 Nov 2016, 02:41, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 00:14 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

mac33 wrote:
To suggest that's a voice over - come on reborn!

It would be taken down off YouTube straight away for one.

So Mac, are you suggesting that the real Stephen Hawking is speaking in this video taken by one of your Flat Earth mates?

According to the guy in the video, Stephen Hawking died many years ago and someone took his place. In which case, it is definitely a voice over in the video...and yet it hasn't been taken down :o :o :o

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 04:06 
Super User

The experiment by Hawkins and his team was not made as I understand for YouTube.

It's part of a series on different topics broadcast on Foxtel in Australia according to my friend.

Bottom line reborn - do you believe a helicopter at that 6 mile distance would drop below the horizon?

A yes / no answer thanks

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 17:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yes, it should still be visible.

1) How tall was the helicopter? Most helicopters I know of are more than seven feet tall. Even a Robinson R22 or Hughes 500 would be more than eight feet tall. This means that even if it were resting on the water six miles out you'd still see the rotor.

2) How high was it flying? I'd consider, what, ten feet to be the minimum comfortable altitude below the skids if you're flying over water. In most cases you'd actually be flying a lot higher than that. I mean, surely it occurred to you that helicopters are FLYING machines.

At six miles, we've established that anything shorter than seven feet above sea level will be entirely lost to sight over the horizon. A seven foot tall helicopter flying ten feet above the waves should be entirely visible indeed. There'd be three feet between the skids and the horizon. A small rowboat would be invisible, a topsail schooner would be "hull down" but you'd still see the topsails and probably half the mainsails.

So your point is... what???? Are you saying the earth is flat just because you can still see the helicopter???? Good grief. Admit you're wrong already, you very clearly are and you know it.

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 65  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!