OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2017, 04:04 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

Having gone crazy over wanting to get my own car, I started getting further in to car enthusiasm. And what better to do with your time than to watch YouTube videos about cars?

I've fallen in love with channels such as Mighty Car Mods, Roadkill, and Regular Car Reviews. Any other people invest their precious time in watching these hooligans do their thing on the interweb?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2017, 14:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Dunno.. I went through this phase over 30 years ago.. :lol: What car are you aiming for?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2017, 18:03 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

At this point I'd like to own anything that can drive and has decent gas mileage :D

I love 2-door hatches, so I'd love to own an old Civic EH or EF or something like a 2-door Yaris, Focus ZX3, maybe even a Smart ForTwo (but I wouldn't have the guts to take one of those on the highway). I also love smaller cars like the Mini, Toyota Echo, and Mazda MX-5. The peak of my small car obsession is the Honda Beat and Suzuki Cappuccino, but I'd probably have to pay a fortune to even get one of those in to the US.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2017, 02:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I must admit, when I was in the Netherlands for a few months some years back I watched BBC's Top Gear incessantly - it was either that or competitive antique hunting, everything else was in Dutch. It was mainly the humor rather than the cars, though - though I admit the - what the heck was it called - the name started with an "i". They wanted to design an electric car, so they started with a golf cart (apparently because it was easier to get it licensed if they started with an already-licensed chassis) and then, because the thing didn't have much range, took a leaf out of diesel-electric locomotives and put a little gasoline engine-driven generator in the back. So there they were, three of them, sitting in the thing with gas masks and smoke coming out a chimney in the roof.

Oh.. I looked it up. It was called the "Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust". Even found the episode! :lol:

Yes, this was evening programming on BBC - obscene sketches and all. And now you can see why those P-51s in WWII had anti-glare panels in front of the cockpit..

So what's a "G-Whiz"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REVAi

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 22:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Incidentally, what do you think of the looks of the 2024 Chrysler limo? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2017, 21:13 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

A glimpse of it at 1:16.. :lol: Apparently doesn't need a grille, but they're still using gas in 2024. All the other vehicles kinda look like standard ol' 2015-16-17 vintage though (other than Stan Lee's old truck, which was much older...)..

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!