OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

I have appeased the darkside in me
0-1 views - bah humbug 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2-10 views - oops, I made a mistake - stupid topic should be banned 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
11-50 views - what is this strength growing witinin me, I like it 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
51-100 views - I feel the energy coursing through my veins... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
100+ views - I am insatiable, a true darksider. I belong !!!! 53%  53%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 17
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 01:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
.... Missy Lightsider's thoughts were interrupted as Little Darksider took her hand and lightly stroked her smooth skin. Little Darksider took a moment to compose himself.they both said in unison bring out the gimp

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 03:12 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
peterpong wrote:
.... Missy Lightsider's thoughts were interrupted as Little Darksider took her hand and lightly stroked her smooth skin. Little Darksider took a moment to compose himself.they both said in unison bring out the gimp

"For those of a younger age, the gimp" said Daddy Darksider, "is a cross platform image editor created by a community of darksiders intent on taking on and defeating the omnipotent powers of Adobe and Microsoft, rather like us taking on the mighty army of lightsiders"

Little Darksider looked quizically at Daddy Darksider, certain that this was nothing more than a work of fiction. But not wanting to be beaten to a pulp in medieval fashion Little Darksider nodded in agreement. Now was not the time to be butch.

BeGo wrote:
Btw, what the opposite of enlightened?

Unenlightened. :devil:

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 20:46 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Little Darksider was nervous. He shouldn't be, he knew that. He was the number 1 seed, the defending champion, the top Darksider and the best player at the tournament, including the Lightsiders. Everyone knew that. Everyone expected him to win. He expected to win. But he was still nervous.

Little Darksider cruised through the group stages. He'd played with a relaxed air and a smile but deep down, deep in his heart he could feel the expectation of victory starting to crush him. What if he lost?

In the knockout stages, Little Darksider's smile become a false mask, one he wore to hide his growing fear. He was relieved his reputation alone was sufficient to defeat his opponents. After each match Little Darksider came off the table, joked with his friend and sat with his family and girlfriend, Missy Lightsider. To the everyone there he looked in control but Little Darksider was conscious that the world of table tennis was wanting him to loose - at least that's how it felt to him. Here there were Lightsiders who saw him as a threat to the status quo and even though he was now dating Missy Lightsider, the status quo had to be preserved at all cost. Little Darksider wasn't like them, he had different values, behaved differently, they couldn't work him out and Little Darksider wouldn't follow their rules and do what they said. Anybody who wouldn't follow the Lightsider's rules, well, that just couldn't be tolerated could it. The status quo had been established in the Lightsider's world. The status quo had worked for 40 years or more now. Why should the Lightsiders change their ways to accommodate one Little Darksider? It should be Little Darksider who should change. And Little Darksider knew he wasn't the first to challenge the might of the Lightsiders, unfortunately those that had, had since disappeared either banished or given up the joys of the darkside.

The quarter-finals came and went without incident, then the semi-finals until at last it was the final. Little Darksider, number 1 seed and defending champion vs Little Lightsider, number 2 seed and champion elect. The game commenced. Little Lightsider came out all guns blazing. Forehand loops pounded Little Darksider, punch blocks penetrated his defences. Little Darksider was under siege and his resolve was beginning to crack. Tears began to well in his eyes. Little Darksider's family looked on helpless in fear. Fear that their child was disintegrating in front of his peers, in front of all the coaches, in front of a relentless opponent. All the hard work, all the support, had it all put too much pressure on Little Darksider? Were the Lightsiders really right? Should Little Darksider comply, submit to their ways and will. Little Darksider's whole world was falling apart and everyone could see.

As Little Lightsider built up a lead, Little Darksider looked for reasons why he couldn't win. Little Darksider's family began to worry his reputation as a reformed character would soon lie in tatters along with their methods and beliefs. They recognised the tell tale signs of Little Darksider's temper and frustration beginning to re-surface. A temper which only those who had known him before Missy Lightsider had appeared on the scene would have recognised. Little Darksider's bat whizzed across the the table bouncing first on his side, then under the net before finally coming to rest on his opponents side. Game 1 was lost. A devastating blow to Little Darksider. Little Lightsider was jubilant. His time was finally here. He was playing the better table tennis and everyone could see it, especially Little Darksider.

Time for Missy Lightsider. All day, Missy had walked a thin line. Support Little Darksider and she would be considered disloyal to the Lightside. Not support Little Darksider and she would be considered unfaithful to the Darkside. As Little Darksider walked towards her, tears in his eyes, distraught and fearful of everything his peers would say when he lost and surely he would loose now, Missy Lightsider recognised she could sit on the fence no more. The smiles from the Lightsider's cast an ever growing shadow around Little Darksider and he was fading under their glare.

"Help me" he cried
"Please help me."

Sometimes admitting you need help is the hardest thing in the world to do. Time for Missy Lightsider to make her choice. But what should she choose to do?

Click...click... click...

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 08:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

i think he may turn the game around :Defense: by just being himself and playing his own way.
we shall see in 9 months or so ?

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 10:00 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Missy Lightsider pulled Little Darksider to one side and wrapped her arms around him. Little Darksider sobbed.

"No one likes me” he cried. “I'm hated and bullied and teased by Lightsiders and told I'm a cheat and useless. I'm hated by Darksiders because I try and fit in with Lightsiders. Everyone tells me I'm not going to amount to much playing table tennis this way. There's no money in it. I'm not good enough. Lightsiders and Darksiders turn their backs on me. I spend all day at school where I'm made fun of and ridiculed, no one understands what I do, or how good I am. No one cares. It's football or rugby. “Who plays that stupid ping pong parlour game” they say “it's easy, I could beat you ha ha ha ha”. I can still hear them now. And when I get home from school it's table tennis practise with the lightsiders. They all want to beat me, they all hate me. What's the point of trying anymore?"

Missy Lightsider fought back her own tears. She needed to be strong for Little Darksider. Taking a firm grip of his shoulders, Missy Lightsider took a deep breath and looked Little Darksider in the eyes.

"Listen to me" she said, "I love you. The fact everyone else hates you shouldn't matter and if it does, it's a good thing. It means they fear you. You are different to them. You play a different way. You are capable of doing different things better than anyone else I know and you make it look so easy.” Little Darksider managed a weak smile. Little Missy Lightsider went on “But you also shut people out, you don't listen and you have to do things your way or not at all."

"What!!!!" Screamed Little Darksider, "you call that giving me support"

Missy smiled, "I know you have to make your own mistakes. I know trust is hard for you especially after all you have gone through. And please understand I'm trying to tell you this to help you. Your coaches have told you how to play this game, they have given you many hours of their lives, shared their knowledge and shared your pain. They have told you all you need to know to win this match”

"Yes but that is not my way..." snapped Little Darksider.

"And that is the problem" Missy Lightsider calmly replied. "Table tennis is your life and you are young. It is how you measure yourself and what you expect others to measure you by. And in doing so the pressure you put on yourself is huge and you trust no-one."

Little Darksider cut Missy short, "I don't need your help if this is all you can do for me. Call yourself a friend. I should never have opened up to a Lightsider. I have never felt more alone than I do now". Little Darksider sobbed as he turned his back on Missy Lightsider.

Missy Lightsider reached down in to her pocket and pulled out a soft cotton hanky. She dabbed the corner of her eye gently. Little Darksider wasn't the only one who felt alone today.

Click, click Sob.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 23:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Attachment:
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg [ 101.57 KiB | Viewed 4854 times ]

i want to cheer him up with a pic of my new ruby cav xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i also need help walking her-debater is the bestest puppy walker

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2018, 00:47 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Ahhhhhb you big softy!

You know where you are with dogs. Love, food, play.

Looking like it will be summer hols before I can head back up your way, possibly with the little darksider too.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2018, 01:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

cool mate.it will be nice to see u again

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2019, 06:13 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

It had been a tough year for Little Darksider. Being a year older he had been moved up an age category and began to play with the big boys. Big boys have big guns. Little Darksider wasn't used to that. Where once his flare and guile and touch and finesse had been enough to tame the lightsiders, well no more. Power beats touch. Playing from distance, lobbing the ball up, chopping... these things could get you so far but no further. Sure he won his fair share of matches but that included a fair share of defeats too. And being young, Little Darksider thought he knew it all, or maybe he just didn't care, or maybe he was scared to try his hardest, to listen to the advice he had been given for fear that his best would not be good enough. After all, what are you supposed to do when you are being touted for the top but your best just isn't good enough. Easier to fail and laugh it off by saying you're not trying, or to play the way he wanted and loose than play someone else's way. And why bother anyway if you move school and no one cares about the Darkside or even table tennis there, not your friends, not your teachers what's the point. No recognition, no status and even the lightsiders who he had befriended only seemed to want him because he could win them matches, and he knew if he didn't they would push him back in to the shadows so fast he'd never see the light of day again. No, he was fed up. He felt used. No time to be a child. Just get up, go to school, come home, have tea, do homework, train, go to bed, get up...... All the time his friends played on their Xbox or their playstation, went out for bike rides, watched YouTube, posted on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat. They had time for girlfriends, going to the pictures. What did he have.....

Mummy Darksider sat in her bedroom crying. Little Darksider had lost another final. Once more he had failed to make the leap to winner. Not only that she was now looking at a broken bat on her lap. Little Darksider had a temper. Please don't throw the bat up, don't catch it and wipe your hands on the rubbers. Please put it away. Well that hadn't worked had it. She had only wanted him to try his best, to play the right way, the way all the experts had told him he should play. And now, now he was accused of not caring enough, of being blase, a show boater, Little Darksider had shown just how much he had cared and here on her lap was the proof. On her lap lay a broken bat. But that was not the only thing broken. Mummy Darksider was at a loss. She knew how talented her son was. Very respected coaches had told her, had told him. But they had also started to turn their backs on him. Little Darksider would do it his way or no way. In one ear, out the other. Players had spoken to him, shared experiences. Coaches had. She had. "You will be the boy who had it all and wasted it all..." When the chips were down Little Darksider would resort to type. The defender was dead. But not in Little Darksider's eyes. How many times had Mummy Darksider heard the coaches say "play your way Little Darksider and the crowd will cheer, roar their approval, clap and pat you on the back for a fantastic match to watch, and then you'll sit down and watch the rest of the tournament with their acclaim still ringing in your ears as you lost.... again" Mummy Darksider had spent thousands of photons on coaches and training sessions and transport and travel, oh the travel. She'd forgotten how many light years she had traveled to help Little Darksider be the best he could be. And these were Proton's that were needed so desperately elsewhere. But Mummy Darksider couldn't bare to see Little Darksider waste his talent, she didn't want him to look back in 2 or 3 years and think if only. Torn between insisting her son trained hard to achieve that potential and giving in to his stubbornness, his desire to....waste away....

Little Darksider could hear Mummy Darksider crying next door. He grunted. What does she know. What does she care. He was just a trophy to be showed off. He switched on his PC and started to watch YouTube. On went his headphones. He could hear the crying no more.

Mummy Darksider sat alone. What should she do, what should she do..... CLICK CLICK CLICK

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2019, 00:25 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Little Darksider sighed. It was late. He'd consumed enough YouTube to last him a lifetime. He played enough table tennis to last even longer. He just wanted to unwind, escape, relax.

By chance he looked out of his bedroom window and saw in the distance an Oak Tree. It looked strong, confident, relaxed. No one and nothing seemed to intimidate the Oak.

"Ahhhh" said Little Darksider, "That is how I want to be"

And with that, Little Darksider reached for his keyboard and started to type. O A Achew K. Part way through typing Little Darksider had sneezed. When he opened his eyes, Little Darksider's search results displayed.

"OOAK Table Tennis Forum
ooakforum.com/

Highly organised and friendly Table Tennis Forum, with contributions from coaches, players and officials. With videos, reviews and article, you will find ..."

That sounded interesting thought Little Darksider.

CLICK. He opened the forum link.

"Mmmm...." thought our little mischievous Darksider. "Not what I was looking for but this looks interesting... Feeling a little naughty - JOIN THE DARKSIDE"

Well he certainly was feeling a little naughty, actually a lot naughty. And his surname was Darksider. Was this what he'd been look for all along?

CLICK

"Join the deviants now, express the true darkside nature in you, be a part of history, make this thread the highest viewed topic in the history of OOAK Forum, no the world..." This was music too Little Darksider's ears. 50000 CLICKS couldn't be wrong.

Mummy Darksider walked slowly passed Little Darksider's bedroom door. She was desperate to go inside, to wrap her arms around her son and tell him, no show him how much she loved and cared for him. Her hand reached for the door handle, started to turn it when she heard CLICK, CLICK CLICK CLICK "Ya ha ha HAAA, world domination will be ours!!!!!".

Startled Mummy Darksider took a step back. What was happening, what was Little Darksider doing?????!!!!

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2019, 05:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Debater wrote:
Startled Mummy Darksider took a step back. What was happening, what was Little Darksider doing?????!!!!

"My god" Mummy shouted .Who is this "Mal Malloy"."Ive told you a thousand times to keep off Peter Pongs blog" :devil:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!