OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 09:43


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017, 10:39 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31480
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1489 times
Been thanked: 945 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
I'm sure we all have little things in life that bug us.

Here's one that annoys me.
There are lots of videos embedded on Facebook. Most videos have a 'play button' in the middle, so you can just press play and start the video.
What annoys me is videos that have this play button just on the picture screen, but when you click on it, it's just a link to another website. So no only does it take you away from Facebook, but you've got to wait for full website to load again, which often contains lots of advertising or promotions. Deceptive practices bug me... :swear:

What annoys you? 8)

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017, 11:26 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5992
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 707 times
Facebook. :lol:

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017, 13:23 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 13:47
Posts: 304
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 49 times
Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: Reactor Corbor
BH: Yasaka Anti Power
Mosquitoes and blowflies. Pardon the pun.

_________________
New Setup: Giant Dragon Kris II, Reactor Corbor, Yasaka Anti Power

Backup 1: Yinhe N-9, DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial (Blue Sponge, no. 22), Yasaka Anti Power
Backup 2: Yinhe N-9, DHS Hurricane 3 Neo, Butterfly Super Anti
Self-proclaimed only unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India!
See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017, 17:39 
Offline
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2008, 09:04
Posts: 2037
Location: Lancashire
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 230 times
Blade: Magic: Wand
FH: Confusion
BH: Paranoia
A lack of manners.

For example,

1. When you open the door for someone and they walk through and ignore you completely or
2. You're driving your car and there are parked cars on the road leaving room for only one car to get through. A car is approaching from the opposite direction. You give way and the other car drives through without acknowledging you or
3. You're playing table tennis. Another ball comes over into your space. You stop your game, bend down, pick it up and give it back to them and they don't bother to acknowledge you and lastly
4. On a similar vain to 3 above, when your practice partner gets a ball off the floor and instead of giving the ball back to you, just hits it anywhere in your general direction so you end up having to pick it up again.

Manners cost nothing but define the person.

Liars.

Self absorbed people.

My bad habit people tell me annoys them. Being late. :(

_________________
Nominate your personal rubber name - New "OOAK LARF" out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017, 18:46 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 03:36
Posts: 226
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 30 times
Blade: Hurricane Long 3
FH: DHS Hurricane 8
BH: Tibhar MX-P
Ha! Don't talk to me about being late. Because I went back to university in my later years, I spent (and still spend in fact) a lot of time around people born in the 80s, who belong to the first generation that could not imagine a world without mobile phones. Whereas my generation made a point of arranging to meet people at a fixed time and place, this generation finds it perfectly acceptable to send a text in their stead. So, I get somewhere, and then receive a text to say they are running late and could we meet at a different place. This passes for good manners today.

Oh, and let's not talk about people who are face to face with you, and continuously interact with other people on the phone.

_________________
Other setups:
DHS Fang Bo 2 Blade/DHS Hurricane 3/DHS Skyline 3-60
DHS H301 Blade/DHS Hurricane 3/DHS Hurricane 3-50


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2017, 02:24 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5992
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 707 times
darucla wrote:
Oh, and let's not talk about people who are face to face with you, and continuously interact with other people on the phone.


They're checking facebook. :lol:

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2017, 02:38 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 07 Sep 2016, 03:36
Posts: 226
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 30 times
Blade: Hurricane Long 3
FH: DHS Hurricane 8
BH: Tibhar MX-P
iskandar taib wrote:
darucla wrote:
Oh, and let's not talk about people who are face to face with you, and continuously interact with other people on the phone.


They're checking facebook. :lol:

Iskandar


Yeah. Not even people they really know. Although, facebook is a bit last week now.

_________________
Other setups:
DHS Fang Bo 2 Blade/DHS Hurricane 3/DHS Skyline 3-60
DHS H301 Blade/DHS Hurricane 3/DHS Hurricane 3-50


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2017, 04:55 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2016, 21:29
Posts: 493
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 45 times
Blade: DEFPLAY(CUT DOWN)
FH: S/P TSP L CATCHER 1.8
BH: BEST ANTI 1.8
In the grand scheme of things life is a miracle and lifes creation is mindblowing.so many stars and galaxies and the greatest mystery of all death.Look at the bigger picture gang and dont sweat the small or big stuff.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-ali-bi ... 77853.html

Kornreich used a very rough estimate of 10 trillion galaxies in the universe. Multiplying that by the Milky Way's estimated 100 billion stars results in a large number indeed: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, or a "1" with 24 zeros after it.
someone cuts you up driving
1-do you get real mad n but hurt
2-think of the bigger picture
i think humans are programmed to be weak emotional a holes in the first place.
break the mould ..................................................
ps facebook is pretty shittttyyyyyyyyy :n:
hi this is me on f/b this is where i live etc please kill me stalker...................................

_________________
"If you see an attack on you or your sponsor, you're a poor sausage, no more."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2017, 05:38 
Offline
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2008, 09:04
Posts: 2037
Location: Lancashire
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 230 times
Blade: Magic: Wand
FH: Confusion
BH: Paranoia
peterpong wrote:
someone cuts you up driving
1-do you get real mad n but hurt
2-think of the bigger picture
i think humans are programmed to be weak emotional a holes in the first place.
break the mould ..................................................
ps facebook is pretty shittttyyyyyyyyy :n:
hi this is me on f/b this is where i live etc please kill me stalker...................................

Who are you calling an emotional a hole :punch:

You're bugging me now.

And as for stalkers, far easier and less obvious to friend someone on a forum and meet up with them under the pretence of playing a game than go through the hassle and navigate the adverts adverts on Facebook :devil: ;)

_________________
Nominate your personal rubber name - New "OOAK LARF" out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2017, 06:42 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2016, 21:29
Posts: 493
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 45 times
Blade: DEFPLAY(CUT DOWN)
FH: S/P TSP L CATCHER 1.8
BH: BEST ANTI 1.8
Debater wrote:
peterpong wrote:
someone cuts you up driving
1-do you get real mad n but hurt
2-think of the bigger picture
i think humans are programmed to be weak emotional a holes in the first place.
break the mould ..................................................
ps facebook is pretty shittttyyyyyyyyy :n:
hi this is me on f/b this is where i live etc please kill me stalker...................................

Who are you calling an emotional a hole :punch:

You're bugging me now.

And as for stalkers, far easier and less obvious to friend someone on a forum and meet up with them under the pretence of playing a game than go through the hassle and navigate the adverts adverts on Facebook :devil: ;)

table booked when u get signed off by the doc-shud have new doggie by then :up:

_________________
"If you see an attack on you or your sponsor, you're a poor sausage, no more."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 03:11 
Offline
Count Darkula
Count Darkula
User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:07
Posts: 17391
Location: Dark side of Australia!!
Has thanked: 386 times
Been thanked: 260 times
Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Insomnia...for one! (Haggisv, you know what I mean :lol: )

My Ex!!!!! :devil: :P :lol:


People who say they'll do something and promptly turn around and forget they ever even said it...or conveniently forget it.

Hitting the TT ball with my finger instead of my bat 29 times in a match!! :headbang: :@ :headbang:

....to be continued....

_________________
I'm always in the dark, but the Dark sheds lights upon everything!! :twisted: Beauty is only pimple deep! Beauty is in the eye of the pipholder!
S/U 1: Blade: Bty Gergely . FH Black Andro Rasant 2.1 . BH Red Tibhar Grass Dtecs
S/U 2: Blade: Bty Gergely . FH Black Hexer+ 2.1 . BH Red GD Talon
S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 06:46 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 02:57
Posts: 618
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 15 times
People who make too much noise while playing. It's not a football match ffs!

People who believe what they are told by the mainstream media without questioning it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 07:31 
Offline
Call me Shrek!
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2011, 12:38
Posts: 903
Location: California, USA
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 60 times
Blade: Hallmark Ultra
FH: Tenergy 05 FX max
BH: Rakza 7 Soft max
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Hitting the TT ball with my finger instead of my bat 29 times in a match!! :headbang: :@ :headbang:

People who don't wear glasses when they really should! :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 13:23 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5992
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 707 times
mac33 wrote:
People who make too much noise while playing. It's not a football match ffs!


Chu!!!



:lol:

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 13:33 
Offline
I am Legend
I am Legend
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 18:21
Posts: 5770
Location: Queensland
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Blade: Xiom Offensive S
FH: Regalis Blue Max
BH: Regalis Blue Max
haggisv wrote:
I'm sure we all have little things in life that bug us.

Here's one that annoys me.
There are lots of videos embedded on Facebook. Most videos have a 'play button' in the middle, so you can just press play and start the video.
What annoys me is videos that have this play button just on the picture screen, but when you click on it, it's just a link to another website. So no only does it take you away from Facebook, but you've got to wait for full website to load again, which often contains lots of advertising or promotions. Deceptive practices bug me... :swear:

What annoys you? 8)


uBlock origin. Chrome extension. Install it.

_________________
I own a Shih-tzu.
-
NEW RUBBER MASS INDEX || OLD RUBBER MASS INDEX


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: