OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 15:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Silver wrote:
haggisv wrote:
I'm sure we all have little things in life that bug us.

Here's one that annoys me.
There are lots of videos embedded on Facebook. Most videos have a 'play button' in the middle, so you can just press play and start the video.
What annoys me is videos that have this play button just on the picture screen, but when you click on it, it's just a link to another website. So no only does it take you away from Facebook, but you've got to wait for full website to load again, which often contains lots of advertising or promotions. Deceptive practices bug me... :swear:

What annoys you? 8)

uBlock origin. Chrome extension. Install it.

Yes, that would certainly help to block the ads on the target website, but what bugs me is that I'm taken (by deception) to this website in the first place. :swear:

PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 16:06 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I've just turned 45 so there's not much now that doesn't annoy me :punch:

Some examples are: -
- Reality TV shows that are overproduced with various takes of the 'live' moments, deceiving viewers and treating them with contempt :@
- Facebook telling me what everyone else likes. I don't care. If I wanted to see it I'd like it myself. :@
- Quotes - make your own history don't repeat what someone else has said :@
- Motivational speakers - they just tell you how inadequate you really are when you thought you were actually doing ok :@
- Name with two spellings Ann/ Anne, Jeff/ Geoff - can we just all do it the same please? :@
- People complaining about getting picked up for speeding - were you speeding or weren't you, oh you were, whats the problem then? :@

That will do for now, will be sure to be back with another lot though.

PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 17:15 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Cobalt wrote:
I've just turned 45 so there's not much now that doesn't annoy me :punch:

Some examples are: -
- Reality TV shows that are overproduced with various takes of the 'live' moments, deceiving viewers and treating them with contempt :@
- Facebook telling me what everyone else likes. I don't care. If I wanted to see it I'd like it myself. :@
- Quotes - make your own history don't repeat what someone else has said :@
- Motivational speakers - they just tell you how inadequate you really are when you thought you were actually doing ok :@
- Name with two spellings Ann/ Anne, Jeff/ Geoff - can we just all do it the same please? :@
- People complaining about getting picked up for speeding - were you speeding or weren't you, oh you were, whats the problem then? :@

That will do for now, will be sure to be back with another lot though.

Being around your age (well a little older) I can completely relate to this post.....

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 20:21 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
PRW wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Hitting the TT ball with my finger instead of my bat 29 times in a match!! :headbang: :@ :headbang:

People who don't wear glasses when they really should! :lol: :lol:

- People who assume they know what they're talking about when they don't :P :lol:

(I wear glasses when playing and that's where the problem comes in. They are to take the fuzziness away from the distance, but they introduce a "blindspot" in the 3 feet zone....so if the ball is moving sideways at all and I don't pick it up beyond that zone....then it often results in the index finger being struck on intended pip shots).

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 01:50 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
PRW wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Hitting the TT ball with my finger instead of my bat 29 times in a match!! :headbang: :@ :headbang:

People who don't wear glasses when they really should! :lol: :lol:

- People who assume they know what they're talking about when they don't :P :lol:

(I wear glasses when playing and that's where the problem comes in. They are to take the fuzziness away from the distance, but they introduce a "blindspot" in the 3 feet zone....so if the ball is moving sideways at all and I don't pick it up beyond that zone....then it often results in the index finger being struck on intended pip shots).

haha - touche, Reb! :lol:
(remind me to use sidespin if and when I ever play you...) :D

PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 01:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

so_devo wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

I think the fact that reality TV has taken over TV is the reason I don't watch much TV any more. Channels which were meant to be informative and interesting (History Channel, National Geographic Channel) have been overrun by shows featuring people buying abandoned storage units, some guy getting dropped off in the wild by helicopter and having to survive by biting heads off snakes, etc. Even the BBC - when I was in Holland a few years ago I watched little else, since I couldn't understand Dutch - was overrun by people competitively buying and selling antiques.

As far as people complaining about getting picked up for speeding - I actually came across a blog where someone was bemoaning the fact that he had to pay off a cop because he got caught driving while his road tax was expired. Boy, that just really set me off, on more than one level. Left a really nasty comment.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 06:38 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Quote:
You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.
:n:

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 02:57 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Debater wrote:
Quote:
You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.
:n:

:rofl: :clap: :rock: :lol: :D

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 02:59 

Here are some of mine that I posted on another forum:

“Cho-Guy”: Over cho-ers. People who cho for ever point, even a faulted serve, or a net/edge.

“Let-Guy”: There is a guy at my club that calls a let for everything in the club. (Der_Echte knows this joker). If a ball comes within a table, he lets. If you a guy goes for a loose ball 3 tables over…let. If the door opens…let. If the fluorescent lighting whines too loudly…let. Cat walks across floor too loudly…let. Seismic activity in the pacific ocean…. LET. And then he verbally berates people. I don’t even approach this donk anymore for a hit.

“Refuses to pick up a ball during practice-Guy”: There is a guy that if you practice or play him, and the ball falls on the ground on HIS side of the table, instead of picking it up and giving it to you, he flicks it on the floor or kicks it on the floor to your side for you to pick it up. He has no idea how rude that is, and I had to give him a lecture.

“Thank You-Guy”: When you fault a serve, and your opponent says, “thank you” snidely. You are already pissed off that you had a lapse in concentration and gave up a free point, but they rub it in your face by thanking you for it. Visions of murder and dismemberment run through my head when this occurs.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Last edited by Japsican on 05 May 2017, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 03:00 

"Bluetooth While Playing-Guy" There is a guy that plays with his bluetooth while playing. It doesn't bother me, but I find "Bluetooth guy ridiculous in general. There are people that wear those things when cooking, riding bikes, working out at the gym, sitting on the toilet, and now....during TT. Take the damn thing off! You're not that important you donk!

"Advice-guy" Some people like to give advice, even bad advice. As a defender, most offensive players know jack and ish about LP play, but they love to do it. Or the guy who is 4 levels below you who tries to help you with your FH loop. Then you proceed to beat him 11-3.

"Over table-wiper-guy" There is a guy that wipes the table every point. Slowing down the game to a crawl. I mean...EVERY point, and he wipes 3 spots...and does it slowly.

"Odd TT ritual-guy" Related to wiper guy, there are dudes with odd rituals. One guy I play has to bounce the ball off his table in multiples of three. If he accidentally gets to 4, he stands and starts the whole thing over. Another guy has to run around the table to one net post, and then the other....and then he gets in to position. Kid who does the Zhang Jike spin the ball and catch it on his nails trick...if he doesn't get it, he must start over.

"Sweaty refuses to wipe up the table and floor guy" This guy sweats all over the place, and then switches sides and leaves a puddle of sweat on the floor and table, just ready for you to tear your ACL or transmit Ebola. I make them wipe up....but this tilts me.

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 03:04 

"Chatty-Guy" this guy wants to talk about the news, his daughter's graduation, or politics over the table and frequently stops play or warm up to discuss whatever is going on in his head. Your only recourse is to finish the match as fast as possible by throwing games, or telling him to hush. I prefer the latter.

"BO-guy" This person does not shower, or wear deodorant, and reeks of years of body odor just exuding off the Yasaka shirt that he never cleans. You hesitate strongly to play with him, or shake his hand after a match.

"Badass Basement Bat-Guy" Often in street clothes, he walks in with a Walmart premade and defeats you soundly. You wonder what happened? It could be the OX short pips on his premade, or the fact that the dude has some actual game, but never bought any real equipment. Afterwards, you reflect on your choice to play "Serious" table tennis.

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 03:25 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
Japsican wrote:
“Thank You-Guy”: When you fault a serve, and your opponent says, “thank you” snidely. You are already pissed off that you had a lapse in concentration and gave up a free point, but they rub it in your face by thanking you for it. Visions of murder and dismemberment run through my head when this occurs.

Hey, I resemble that!

Japsican wrote:
"BO-guy" This person does not shower, or wear deodorant, and reeks of years of body odor just exuding off the Yasaka shirt that he never cleans. You hesitate strongly to play with him, or shake his hand after a match.

There's a guy like this at our club. The odor is noticeable from a couple tables away. :n: Yikes! Fortunately, we(I) don't usually play when he's there.

How about the "I'm too good to play you-guy". If you beat him in a match, he wants a rematch right away. If you lose to him, you get the brush off.

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 03:28 

New ones:

The confusion caused when people say "Turn UP the AC." Does this mean, turn the temperature down (aka increase the AC)? Or decrease the cold (aka turn UP the thermostat). Humans need to get together on this and settle on the correct way to communicate this.

Ther term "Hot as balls." Since when did this creep into the American vernacular as an indication of heat extremes?

People who do not say "thank you" when you hold open the door for them. Kill yourself if you are one of these people.

When people use the letter B in place of the letter D in the word "Supposedly." It's NOT "Supposebly." What are you 8?

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 03:29 

GMan4911 wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Hey, I resemble that!

Haha, I actually thought you had read all these on TTDaily and were doing that on purpose! :lol:

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 04:09 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Japsican wrote:
New ones:

The confusion caused when people say "Turn UP the AC." Does this mean, turn the temperature down (aka increase the AC)? Or decrease the cold (aka turn UP the thermostat). Humans need to get together on this and settle on the correct way to communicate this.

Ther term "Hot as balls." Since when did this creep into the American vernacular as an indication of heat extremes?

People who do not say "thank you" when you hold open the door for them. Kill yourself if you are one of these people.

When people use the letter B in place of the letter D in the word "Supposedly." It's NOT "Supposebly." What are you 8?

You have a LOT of pet peeves, man... Supposebly :) (never heard that one before).

What winds me up (duplicating things from earlier posts):

- People who pontificate about things they really have no clue about. Essentially the ones suffering from the acute case of Dunning-Krueger.

- Opponents who say 'Thank You!' at service fault. Even when they do it cheerfully.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!