OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2018, 01:46 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
USA College Football Division 1

Making a Fair Situation for All

Using the Present Format of 4 playoff teams

Presently, the Big 12 Conference and Notre Dame seem to have a favorable schedule advantage.

The Big 12 has 10 teams without 2 divisions. They don't have an extra championship game like other major conferences, so one less big game and less chance of injuries.

The Independent Notre Dame doesn't play in a conference. They don't have to play in a conference championship game, so less big games and less chance of injuries.

Solution - Add 4 teams to the Big 12 conference, then they will have 14 teams. Then separate into 2 divisions like the other major conferences and have a championship game.

Add 4 teams - maybe these

Independents - Notre Dame and BYU
Other teams - Houston and SMU

All the major conferences would now be using the same format.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2018, 02:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Did the Big 12 use to be the Big 10? I.e. Indiana, Purdue, Ohio State, Northwestern, etc. etc... Too lazy to look it up.. :lol: Last I checked (several years ago) they were still called the Big 10, but were up to 11 or 12 members... Penn State joined very soon after I left. I used to think this stuff was written in stone. And we lost all the time.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2018, 04:47 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
iskandar taib wrote:
Did the Big 12 use to be the Big 10? I.e. Indiana, Purdue, Ohio State, Northwestern, etc. etc... Too lazy to look it up.. :lol: Last I checked (several years ago) they were still called the Big 10, but were up to 11 or 12 members... Penn State joined very soon after I left. I used to think this stuff was written in stone. And we lost all the time.. :lol:

Iskandar

The Big 12 used to be the Big 8, then added teams but then defectors went to the Big 10, Pac 12, and SEC.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2019, 23:22 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
LOOPOVER wrote:
USA College Football Division 1

Making a Fair Situation for All

Using the Present Format of 4 playoff teams

Presently, the Big 12 Conference and Notre Dame seem to have a favorable schedule advantage.

The Big 12 has 10 teams without 2 divisions. They don't have an extra championship game like other major conferences, so one less big game and less chance of injuries.

The Independent Notre Dame doesn't play in a conference. They don't have to play in a conference championship game, so less big games and less chance of injuries.

Solution - Add 4 teams to the Big 12 conference, then they will have 14 teams. Then separate into 2 divisions like the other major conferences and have a championship game.

Add 4 teams - maybe these

Independents - Notre Dame and BYU
Other teams - Houston and SMU

All the major conferences would now be using the same format.

Depends on what you mean by "Fair."

The whole thing needs to be blown up. Too much $ and too many schools to fix it, if you REALLY want it to be fair. Honestly, 1/2 the teams should be demoted to D2. Also, there should be no independent conferences. It should be like the NFL where divisions (in theory) are driven by geography. New Mexico, Colorado state, and Ohio Universities of the world will never be in contention because the system is designed in a way that makes it impossible to become a top 25 program. So, it's unfair to banish those programs to conferences like the Mountain West, because they will never get exposure and market share, and never have the recruiting of a Stanford, Notre Dame, FSU, Ohio State, or Texas. It just won't happen. I mean, if I was a highly touted QB coming out of High School, why would I even entertain an offer from Duke University's football program? (Basketball is a different story).

The way I see it, if your school isn't in the top 40 in football, you may as well just end your program. It will never turn around short of some miracle happening. Boise State managed it with their short spurt of glory and their blue field. Now they are perennially a bubble team, and they are they only example I can think of in the last 50 years.

What you're proposing is to make it "fair" for the elite schools that exist today.

This is why I have grown tired of College ball...there's no true champion because most of the post season is determined by polls still, even with the 4 team playoff format.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions