OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2013, 09:05 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

timeout wrote:
First of all Reb, I was just making up stuff just for the hell of it :D

I mean, there were all these other new posts from the other mods, it was like, man, I gotta do something and get off my a$$...

So glad you took over Reb!

Now to get back to reading your above post.

Edit- Just wanted to add that these rules I made up are largely based on my understanding of pushblocker's tactics and strategy,

REB is just talking about himself and he is not a pushblocker, so I like your more relevent post bettererer as he is more like a untrained modern defender lol

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2013, 09:15 
Super User

rodderz wrote:
timeout wrote:
First of all Reb, I was just making up stuff just for the hell of it :D

I mean, there were all these other new posts from the other mods, it was like, man, I gotta do something and get off my a$$...

So glad you took over Reb!

Now to get back to reading your above post.

Edit- Just wanted to add that these rules I made up are largely based on my understanding of pushblocker's tactics and strategy,

REB is just talking about himself and he is not a pushblocker, so I like your more relevent post bettererer as he is more like a untrained modern defender lol

Really appreciate your comments rodderz :)

I must declare that he is the better player and writer, whether pushblocking or untrained modern defending.

He has the ultimate weapon, his gergly setup and OOAK charisma! Can't beat that combination. :up:

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2013, 15:02 
Super User

Pushblocker wrote:
There are different pushblocking philosophies.. Keeping returns short is one of them but that's not mine.. I actually play most of my pushes intentionally long and as fast as I can as I want to control the table with my pushes. I only use the blocking part of my game to force my opponents to push or chop with underspin and then my real strength (aggressive pushing) comes into play and by placing the ball in uncomfortable spots for my opponents, I either produce direct points or attackable balls that I can put away.. The only problem with my style is that it does not work against players who do not produce enough spin as lack of opponents spin will result in lack of control on my part and I will miss shots that I usuually make.

I totally agree about the effectiveness of a long and fast push...the attacker has reduced time to prepare for the next stroke and his swing will be messed up. I have experience this before with the fw and my faster set ups...however the better players seem to feed off speed and can blast these fast lp pushes back at me as they have more speed to work with...I find that a slower blade with the right kind of lp can give an ideal combination of fast pushes and good blocking as well with the advantage of short blocking but of course the pushes won't be as aggressive...so its a trade off fast long pushes and longer blocks versus slower pushes but better blocking ability in terms of keeping the majority of blocks on the table,...

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2013, 15:36 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Reb is totally a push blocker, he has no loop and really no chop. If he's not a push blocker?. Reb side swipes blocks, pushes everything ocassionaly a reactive chop block against loop 95% he's using the pips to cover the entire table then anything high he hits with the fh. He has a big wild fh smash that can go anywhere lol. Its a very efective game but there is no modern defence there. If anyone can ever spot reb hitting a chop from long range or any kind of loop you get a free lollie.